HAPPY (NOT THE POSTER)

• 16 replies

sju89tr

HAPPY (NOT THE POSTER)
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »
I am extremely happy with the 2 commitments and what looks like a possibility of what's on the horizon as written by bloggers and writers to add to a nice looking team .

What is bugging me is the people that are constantly negative and I am pretty sure now that those people love when things are bad so they can complain for whatever reason it is.

Another thing is the sudden influx of people in the know who are simply lying and throwing $hit on the site hoping that some of it becomes true just to pat themselves on the back. Then the gullible people who respond asking for a tidbit of their so called "information"

It is interesting that the people who are in the know never share the things they hear in public. Just some food for thought.

Re: HAPPY (NOT THE POSTER)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »
And than when they say "oh ya I knew about this recruit coming months ago"

I got a chuckle out of a few of those

sju89tr

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:04:43 PM »
And than when they say "oh ya I knew about this recruit coming months ago"

I got a chuckle out of a few of those

I just think it leads to the eventual discord amongst our posters and fans when their "inside info" does not come true.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »
But isn't that what happens on message boards?

sju89tr

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 02:08:24 PM »

Not to the degree that it happens here or on redmen in my opinion

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »

That whole "Mystery shooter" crap was assinine.

But why would some want to share info that was brought to them one way or another? I did and caught alot of abuse for it, maybe some dudes just don't want to deal with it?

sju89tr

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »

But why would some want to share info that was brought to them one way or another? I did and caught alot of abuse for it, maybe some dudes just don't want to deal with it?

The mystery shooter rumors were actually legit but kid was not ready to pull the trigger.

Moose

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 02:14:52 PM »

A lot of people knew who the mystery shooter was.  Me included.  However I wouldnt love credibility with my sources if I start naming names even though someone else jumped the gun as was the case with that.  I'd rather not say anything at all and just have a positive tone so the inmates can relax a bit.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »
I agree, if you're only going to  give half the info, what good does that do. Either keep it tight lipped or show some balls

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »
I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Happy

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 02:30:05 PM »
Damn here I was thinking I made the big time with a dedication thread .. And I get this??? :).  Tend to agree with a number of points Ted .  People will have to be patient and let the rest of this class materialize.. For now the 2 commits should keep certain posters satisfied for about 6 hours :)

pmg911

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 04:25:55 PM »
The staff deserved a ton of credit and if these guys were indeed "Chiles" recruits, kudos to him for a job well done.

The team is shaping up very nicely for next year and if Chandler pans out and joins the team we could be the surprise team in the league next season.

One thing of note - I would stay as far away from Josiah Turner as possible.

kjd01067

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 04:41:49 PM »

One thing of note - I would stay as far away from Josiah Turner as possible.

Why is that? I am unfamiliar with his exact situation, but his potential seems like it is worth the possible risks.  You're one of the first people I have heard say they would stay away so I am just curious as to your thought process.

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 06:58:24 PM »

A lot of people knew who the mystery shooter was.  Me included.  However I wouldnt love credibility with my sources if I start naming names even though someone else jumped the gun as was the case with that.  I'd rather not say anything at all and just have a positive tone so the inmates can relax a bit.

I can vouch for Moose on this. A long long time ago in the beginning of the season when we were sitting with him at one of the Carnesseca arena games he told me Hooper

desco80

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »
It goes without saying that the staff did a great a job this week.   Or, at least we're seeing the rewards this week of work they've been doing.

I think it's flying under the radar however how the staff is bringing in slightly more experienced players.   I think it's a great strategy for the program at this point.   Knowing how many underclassmen we have; it's nice to have a few transfers/JUCO players, even Jakarr being a prep, it means we have guys coming in who are a little bit bigger, a little stronger, come with a little more experience; and hopefully are  more mature as well.  And getting Chandler or Turner would be just another example of this.

It doesn't automatically mean we'll win more - but I think it's a good thing for team chemistry to have some experienced role players to compliment our studs.   Plus it evens out the scholarships somewhat.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:36:06 PM by desco80 »

DFF6

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 09:09:11 PM »
It goes without saying that the staff did a great a job this week.   Or, at least we're seeing the rewards this week of work they've been doing.

I think it's flying under the radar however how the staff is bringing in slightly more experienced players.   I think it's a great strategy for the program at this point.   Knowing how many underclassmen we have; it's nice to have a few transfers/JUCO players, even Jakarr being a prep, it means we have guys coming in who are a little bit bigger, a little stronger, with a little more experience; and hopefully more mature as well.  And getting Chandler or Turner would be just another example of this.

It doesn't automatically mean we'll win more - but I think it's a good thing for team chemistry to have some experienced role players to compliment our studs.   Plus it evens out the scholarships somewhat.

+1

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 06:57:53 AM »
Why is that? I am unfamiliar with his exact situation, but his potential seems like it is worth the possible risks.  You're one of the first people I have heard say they would stay away so I am just curious as to your thought process.

Spoke to a few coaches and two huge Arizona fans yesterday and the consistent words I heard used were "crazy" and "selfish" - we don't need headaches like that and if we are going to take a risk on a kid who has questions about his character, I would go with Michael Chandler.