Charleston Classic Sched

• 57 replies

Moose

Re: Charleston Classic Sched
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 09:26:22 AM »
Game with Charleston noted as a top 5 non conference game;

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2012/09/big_east_basketball_lists_the_1.html

Looks like this writer has a man crush on Wojcik and/or Charleston
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »
Game with Charleston noted as a top 5 non conference game;

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2012/09/big_east_basketball_lists_the_1.html

Looks like this writer has a man crush on Wojcik and/or Charleston

Did time together at Sing Sing. Stuff happens!

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2012, 10:47:47 AM »
For the record Mike Waters is one of the best Big East beat writers around. 

Moose

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »
For the record Mike Waters is one of the best Big East beat writers around. 

Not questioning how good he is.  But he has a hard on for Charleston by including them twice IMO.

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2012, 05:24:41 PM »
Either that or he was simply hard up finding any true BE road games.  I mean he writes for Syracuse.com, he probably didn't even know non conference road games existed until someone from another town pointed it out to him. ; )

Moose

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »
Either that or he was simply hard up finding any true BE road games.  I mean he writes for Syracuse.com, he probably didn't even know non conference road games existed until someone from another town pointed it out to him. ; )

Hahaha

desco80

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2012, 12:03:53 PM »
I just looked at other schedules in the BE, trying to point out how ridiculous that guy's list is...  and it's a struggle to find any meaningful true non-conference road games.
Besides BE/SEC challenge and neutral site events... nobody in this conference comes anywhere close to scheduling a major out of conference opponent.

I was kind've surprised.   I thought more teams would have home and away arrangements like ours with Duke in the past, and UCLA the past two years.   And maybe they do but this year they get them at home.

But the best I could find to contradict this guy's list is Louisville playing at Memphis and Providence playing at BC. 

paultzman

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 04:26:19 PM »
Potential opponent may be losing probable starting guard.

“@AP_Top25: Murray State guard accused of hitting 2 with car. http://t.co/twsFEEg7 #goracers”

“@GoodmanCBS: Murray State has announced that guard Zay Jackson will be suspended for this entire season.”

“@GoodmanCBS: Murray State has done the right thing and suspended Zay Jackson for the entire season -- http://t.co/gVe1w47W
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:35:00 PM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »

“@AP_Top25: Murray State guard accused of hitting 2 with car. http://t.co/twsFEEg7 #goracers”

“@GoodmanCBS: Murray State has announced that guard Zay Jackson will be suspended for this entire season.”

Didn't Keon Lawrence do something similar and not miss any time?

paultzman

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »

Yeah, Keon should have been canned. The story I just posted in my amended entry indicates this kid tried to run someone over. If this was SH,, Bobby G. would probably take away the kid's cafeteria privileges.

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2012, 08:20:18 AM »

Yeah, Keon should have been canned. The story I just posted in my amended entry indicates this kid tried to run someone over. If this was SH,, Bobby G. would probably take away the kid's cafeteria privileges.
If it was SH it probably would have been Bobby G trying to run somebody over after leaving a store with a man bag

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »
worry about college of charlston first. an excellent  team was left by cremmins and doug is a tough rare coach.

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2012, 09:37:24 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/61575/bracket-reveal-charleston-classic-2

Its an old article but Brennan picks us to lose to Baylor in the finals.  D'lo picked as a player to watch.

Whom others are picking:

Eamonn Brennan: Baylor over St. John's
Andy Katz: Baylor over Murray State
Myron Medcalf: Baylor over Murray State
Dana O'Neil: Murray State over Colorado
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:38:01 PM by jumpinjohnny »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

MCNPA

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 10:29:08 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/61575/bracket-reveal-charleston-classic-2

Its an old article but Brennan picks us to lose to Baylor in the finals.  D'lo picked as a player to watch.

Whom others are picking:

Eamonn Brennan: Baylor over St. John's
Andy Katz: Baylor over Murray State
Myron Medcalf: Baylor over Murray State
Dana O'Neil: Murray State over Colorado

Losing to Baylor is no shame.  They should be a good team.  That said, I want to make the finals of this thing at least.  Would be great if we can win it to start off the season.

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2012, 08:38:50 AM »
Received an email this morning from Hotwire. 24 hour HOTEL Sale. Picked up a 3*, Best Western Seagrass, downtown for $60.00 regularly discounted at $99.00. If you need a hotel, try Hotwire. If it doesn't show the "24 hour" deal you can email me at Frankzeeman@aol.com and I will send it up to you. I'm interested in playing a round of golf on Sat if there is interest. Also, has anybody picket up tickets for the games from St John's tix office? Don't know if I should call or pick up down there? Would like to sit with fellow Johnny fans.

Moose

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2012, 08:41:46 AM »
Received an email this morning from Hotwire. 24 hour HOTEL Sale. Picked up a 3*, Best Western Seagrass, downtown for $60.00 regularly discounted at $99.00. If you need a hotel, try Hotwire. If it doesn't show the "24 hour" deal you can email me at Frankzeeman@aol.com and I will send it up to you. I'm interested in playing a round of golf on Sat if there is interest. Also, has anybody picket up tickets for the games from St John's tix office? Don't know if I should call or pick up down there? Would like to sit with fellow Johnny fans.

Seating is general admission from what I saw.  I just bought my tickets from Charleston.

I was interested in golf on Saturday but I don't think I want to lug my clubs down there.  Up in the air.  Can't believe this is right around the corner.

paultzman

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2012, 07:45:42 AM »
Austin for Baylor injured ankle, may not play in tourney. Gathers likely takes the big guy's place.

sju89tr

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2012, 07:51:54 AM »

I contacted the school and they put me on the list for the St Johns allotment for the games. However if you just want to see St Johns, you may just want to buy $20 tickets for each St Johns game (you actually get to see 2 games in a set) each day as they will be cheaper than $90 for entire tourney.