Stefan Bonneau - PG - Orange County Community College

• 13 replies
Stefan Bonneau - PG - Orange County Community College
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:48:14 PM »
As per SCOUT Forum, was on official this weekend.......

old info on the guy posted on scout forum:

Posted Mar 01, 2008 @ 11:49 PM

http://www.enterprisenews.com/sports/x2064733080

WARWICK, R.I. —

The Massasoit Community College men’s basketball season came to an end in the semifinal round of the Div. 2 New England Regional.

For the second year in a row, the Warriors were eliminated by Orange County Community College of New York, 95-77, Saturday afternoon.

Massasoit was unable to stop guard Stefan Bonneau (34 points) or 7-foot-2 center Riiny Ngot (18 points, 15 rebounds, 12 blocked shots).

“They’ve just got too many weapons,’’ said Massasoit coach Jim Stapleton, whose team finished 17-9. “At the junior college level, Bonneau is the best player I’ve seen in my seven years. What a player."

March 3, 2008

http://www.ccri.edu/athl/newsw...XI_Championship__

Orange County CC had a superstar of their own in Division I recruit (St. John’s) Stephan Bonneau who led the Colts charge back into the game scoring six of the Colts next eight points highlighted by a George Gervin-esque finger roll from the foul line on a fast break that lead to a three point play followed by a long 3-point jumper that tied the score at 12-12 at the 13:30 mark. Orange County would take the lead on another basket from Bonneau making the score 34-32 with just 3:22 left in the half.

The Colts would chip their way back into the game in large part by the play of the high flying Bonneau who weaved to the basket and made a no-look spinning reverse lay-up while being fouled and sank the free-throw to complete the three point play to cut the Knights’ lead to seven points with the score 62-55 with just 10:41 left in the game.The Knights would answer with back-to-back baskets from Sam Jones (New London, CT) and a basket from Jamal Johnson (Fall River, MA) to extend their lead back to 13 points with 9:08 remaining. But Orange County would not go quietly as Bonneau would bang a 3-pointer followed by three free-throws to cut the lead back to eight with the score 64-72 with 5:50 left... Orange County’s Stephan Bonneau led all scorers with an impressive 37 points in the loss.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 11:59:29 AM by JJ »

Re: Stefan Bonneau
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 11:23:46 PM »
What other Big East, MAAC, or NEC program expressed any interest in this JC guard?

mkras99

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 11:57:15 PM »
Providence and UMass were/are apparently looking at him.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 12:36:33 AM »
Did they offer too?

mkras99

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 10:52:04 AM »
Did they offer too?

Considering PC doesn't have a coach, one would think they haven't.

I thought you knew everything about everything though :)

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 11:16:24 AM »
Provi already has a recruit (verbal?  signed?  I forget), signed by the former coach, though - they probably have other offers on the table.

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »
Bilal Dixon
(Queen Of Peace HS)
North Arlington, NJ   6-9/230  Verbal  Yes  Committed to Provide

kob24

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 07:13:19 AM »
bilal isnt that bad but i dont think he is bigeast ready

Re: Stefan Bonneau - PG - Orange County Community College
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 12:32:20 PM »

2 years ago..... this kid can fly
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 03:14:56 PM »
Lotsa kids can fly yo.
Not been impressed wit vertical in a long time. Dont do much come game time less you got the skills to back it up. Just ask all them And 1 "stars."
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 01:04:38 AM »
Did any school make an offer to this kid?

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 10:53:33 AM »
He is taking the year off from playing basketball to get his associates degree and then trying to play ball somewhere. He says he is still working out every day though.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 02:12:41 PM »
He is taking the year off from playing basketball to get his associates degree and then trying to play ball somewhere. He says he is still working out every day though.

One of the sickest verticals I've ever seen in my life.  They used to run backdoor alleyoops to him and he'd take of effortlessly like 8 feet from the basket.  All he needed was a step on you, which he could get if his three was falling.

I think he can hang in the NEC and some other confereces, but I don't think he is a Big East player.  He can score, though, and he'll put up big #'s wherever he goes.

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 09:57:33 PM »
Thanks for the updates guys.