UCONN game prediction

• 64 replies
Re: UCONN game prediction
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 09:22:10 AM »
Always hate to say must win, but is a big game.

sju89tr

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 09:34:50 AM »

Its the biggest game of the year so far. Then need to find a way to win one against Ville or SYR

Moose

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 09:53:35 AM »

Its the biggest game of the year so far. Then need to find a way to win one against Ville or SYR

This is the biggest game by far.
I will chalk those up as losses.  If they were home I'd say we need to find a way to snag one.  Just don't get embarrassed there.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 10:02:51 AM »
I feel beating UConn, USF, Marquette or Pitt and Providence (away) is difficult, but attainable. 10 BE wins good for this team, 9 ok. Beating UConn crucial, however. Hold serve at home for most part and get one more road win.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:04:55 AM by paultzman »

sju89tr

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »
I feel beating UConn, USF, Marquette or Pitt and Providence (away) is difficult, but attainable. 10 BE wins good for this team, 9 ok. Beating UConn crucial, however. Hold serve at home for most part and get one more road win.

With any hope of an NCAA (and we should have hope as it is well within reach) got to at a minimum win vs UCONN Pitt So Fla Marquette and Providence. Losing to Louisville Syracuse and at Notre Dame would be OK. Lose against Pitt or Marquette means you got to sweep ND.

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 10:21:30 AM »
With any hope of an NCAA (and we should have hope as it is well within reach)

With Branch was a long shot
W/O Branch not really realistic.

paultzman

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »

+1

sju89tr

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 10:29:55 AM »

Totally agree with you.

boo3

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 10:40:07 AM »
  From my personal perspective,  I've kinda had the NCAA tourney as a pipe dream anyway.  I know anything is possible, but I haven't seen the consistency from this team to warrant the run necessary to make it happen.

Uconn's 3 guards will be tough for us..

Who would you have Dom guard?  I'm thinking Dom on Boatwright, Phil on Calhoun, and Harrison on Napier.. thoughts?  Or do we just zone them?  Calhoun can burn I think, especially if we are lazy with rotations like we tend to be.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:40:31 AM by boo3 »

Poison

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
Their best player is Napier. That is who your best defender guards.

boo3

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 10:54:39 AM »
 Who ever Dom guards he has to avoid the cheap fouls 30 feet from the basket.  It's tough because you don't want him to stop being aggressive either.

Reason I put Dom on Boatwright is because there is no way in hell Harrison can stay in front of him.  Will be interesting to see what Lav comes up with. Probably test the zone, but if they start stroking it,  need to change it up.

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »
Just looked at Uconn's lineup.  There are only 7 guys whose name sounds familiar---and one, Phillip Nolan, is only because he was a blip on our recruiting radar.  Unless their 3 guards are unstoppable, this is a game we should win.

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 02:59:10 PM »
I too agree that Yukon is a must win for any tourney possibilities. This team can finish its last eight games with a record of 1-7 (with a win over SF) or 4 and 4 at best as I believe that beating the Cuse ,Louisville, Marquette and ND on the road will be very unrealistic. We have a slim chance with Pitt, and Providence while beatable is no slouch.  I think that wining three of our final 8 will make for an acceptable BE record of 9-9.  Anything less with already having 6 wins under our belts would be disappointing.

paultzman

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 03:00:36 PM »
I too agree that Yukon is a must win for any tourney possibilities. This team can finish its last eight games with a record of 1-7 (with a win over SF) or 4 and 4 at best as I believe that beating the Cuse ,Louisville, Marquette and ND on the road will be very unrealistic. We have a slim chance with Pitt, and Providence while beatable is no slouch.  I think that wining three of our final 8 will make for an acceptable BE record of 9-9.  Anything less with already having 6 wins under our belts would be disappointing.

Marquette at home

Marillac

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »
Career high out of Harrison tonight. 

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2013, 03:06:44 PM »
Career high out of Harrison tonight. 

Tomorrow
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 03:09:09 PM »

Marquette at home

There too. ;)

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 12:30:17 AM »

We will attack attack attack. Clog the paint, elbow on screens, step on toes, swat jumpers, treat them like little bitches,  and totally humiliate uconn and their fans Tomm night.

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 07:56:57 AM »
the lenn robbins article this morning stated that only 8000 tickets have been sold? that is sad. i will be there tonight but hopefully tonight's crowd will be more st. john's  than uconn

mkras99

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 08:32:35 AM »
Double digit loss. "Linda" with triple digit posts after the game.