Kevin Parrom - SF - South Kent - Bronx, NY - ARIZONA

• 287 replies

kjd01067

Re: Kevin Parrom - SF - St. Raymonds - Bronx, NY
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2008, 07:48:25 AM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=825515

Reebok Notebook: July 9

Kevin Parrom (South Kent, CT 2009)
The small forward from the Bronx runs the floor extremely well. Parrom also moves well without the ball as defenders constantly had a tough time staying with him. He also stepped back and knocked down the three when defenders gave him room. Parrom even tore to the basket and showed the ability to pull off some acrobatic moves. Parrom claimed that he wasn't sure how many offers he had and that he hasn't been keeping count. However, he did go on to say that he will narrow his list down to five finalists by August.

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2008, 03:22:37 AM »
from Zagsblog

PHILADELPHIA - His career at St. Raymond’s in the Bronx now behind him, Kevin Parrom is looking forward to a new lease on life.

The 6-foot-6 Parrom, the No. 18 small forward in the Class of 2009, will begin his new career this fall at South Kent (Conn.) under head coach Kelvin Jefferson.

“Coach Kelvin’s a great guy,” Parrom said last week at the Reebok All-American Camp, where he was chosen to the Upperclass All-Star Game. “I’m looking forward to September, it should be a good experience. A new start, a new beginning. I just have to start all over at South Kent in September.”

Parrom parted ways with St. Ray’s after a much-publicized conflict with St. Ray’s head coach Oliver Antigua. The school has since announced that Antigua would return, but Parrom would not.

Since then, however, Parrom has put the incident behind him and excelled on the summer circuit. In Philly, he showed a diversified game, hitting several 3-pointers in one game, converting a breakaway dunk, powering down low for a layup and throwing an alley oop pass to teammate Mike Poole.

“That’s what I do,” he said.

After Parrom announced his decision to attend South Kent, former St. Ray’s teammate Omari Lawrence followed suit. But the 6-4, 185-pound Lawrence, the No. 32 shooting guard in the 2009 Class, is out for several months with a separated shoulder, potentially until Oct. 1.

“He’s home resting his shoulder,” Parrom said. “He’s trying to come back early but I told him to rest. He’s very frustrated. He’s upset. He wants to rest up so he can play later.”

Jefferson, a first-year coach at South Kent, is bringing in Parrom, Lawrence, former Cardinal McCarrick All-State selection Mike Burwell and potentially Danny Jennings, formerly of Oak Hill.

“With Burwell, Parrom and Lawrence, I got three guards who can score and put the ball in the basket,” Jefferson said. “They all share the ball and I’m excited about that. You need good guards to win and those two (Parrom and Lawrence) are real good guards.”

As far as colleges, Parrom said he a long list of offers and hopes to cut it down during August. He listed Marquette, Clemson and South Carolina as those recruiting him the hardest, though Xavier is hot on his trail and hoped to gain a commitment this summer.

“I can’t even answer that because all of them are recruiting me hard,” Parrom said. ”I don’t have (any) favorites. I’m going to start chopping down my list in August.”

Rutgers and St. John’s have both offered, but it remains unclear if Parrom wants to stay close to home or head out.

“Before when I was a freshman I was trying to stay home but now I’m getting older I may have to peak out to a school in the West,” he said
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:23:01 AM by Marco Baldi »

kob24

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2008, 03:15:21 PM »
I just got back from vegas yesterday.we played real well we made it to the sweet sixteen but lost to breakdown by 5 it was really 3 but we fouled with point 9 left. Kevin Parrom is the real deal so is brian Wilson, sterling Gibbs and winston graham. They balled their ass of crazy. Chuck martin offered Paul bilbo so look out for that and hella schools are after kevin after his week in vegas. They are now headed to LA to play in the last aau tourney of the summer.also want to add that Omari showed me just how high his basketball iq is. Coaching with me and Oz on the bench and thanks to justin also here was there working out and helping us prepare for the games I love my family we was bugging out in vegas we had a fun time
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 03:32:10 PM by kob24 »

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »
great to hear justin is helping out all the saint johns targets. kob, are justin real tight with kev and omari?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kob24

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2008, 06:06:20 PM »
yeah

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2008, 10:59:49 AM »
Also want to add that Omari showed me just how high his basketball iq is. Coaching with me and Oz on the bench and thanks to justin also here was there working out and helping us prepare for the games.

great to hear justin is helping out all the saint johns targets. kob, are justin real tight with kev and omari?

yeah

That's the BEST news i've heard in a while... and also something u will only read HERE "in the jungle"..  8) .. thanks for the info kob!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2008, 01:32:46 PM »
Also want to add that Omari showed me just how high his basketball iq is. Coaching with me and Oz on the bench and thanks to justin also here was there working out and helping us prepare for the games.

yeah

That's the BEST news i've heard in a while... and also something u will only read HERE "in the jungle"..  8) .. thanks for the info kob!

I agree oldred. There are some valuable posters here and are truly an asset to this site.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2008, 05:57:57 PM »

yeah

I agree oldred. There are some valuable posters here and are truly an asset to this site.

p.s. - Amen marco... and the other sju sites PALE in comparison at this point.. ;D ... posters like yourself, choz, kob, redmennorth, queensrevolution, jumpinjohnny, peter, kjd, etc... and that "crazy guy"(lol) who dares to take an optomistic view of the program & posts a plethora of info regarding sju basketball..  ;) :) ... make this board a must read for any TRUE sju fan..  8) .. bravo JJ!!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:05:01 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2008, 09:39:44 PM »
South Carolina going hard after Parrom?

http://www.thestate.com/sports/story/479710.html

USC is going after Kevin Parrom of New York. He also is looking at Rutgers, St. John’s and Xavier. Parrom also has offers from Providence, Pittsburgh, Marquette and Rhode Island. He plans to visit USC before making a decision.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2008, 10:18:25 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/08/05/parrom-has-top-five/

Parrom takes an unofficial to St. John's on August 11th; top five is Xavier, St. John’s, South Carolina, Marquette and Rutgers.

gonzalo

« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2008, 04:38:09 AM »

Parrom takes an unofficial to St. John's on August 11th;

Any option to be and support him that day?

« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2008, 04:18:06 PM »
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=836095

"I really enjoyed the campus and the rich history that the schools team represents; I will be adding UConn to my list of schools." Parrom's current school list is St Johns, Xavier, Rutgers, Marquette, UConn and South Carolina.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2008, 02:19:10 PM »
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=836095

"I really enjoyed the campus and the rich history that the schools team represents; I will be adding UConn to my list of schools." Parrom's current school list is St Johns, Xavier, Rutgers, Marquette, UConn and South Carolina.

That was a quote on his Uconn visit (w Omari) over the weekend.

Parrom due on campus today 8/11? 

Is he there?   Any other recruits w him ?
Molloy '71

gonzalo

« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2008, 03:39:43 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/08/11/parrom-adding-schools-to-list/

After a whirlwhind few days in which he visited St. John’s and UConn, Kevin Parrom says his college list is still in flux.

The 6-foot-6 Parrom had previously said his top five were St. John’s, Marquette, Xavier, Rutgers and South Carolina, but now he is also considering UConn, Louisville, Temple, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Providence.

Both Parrom and South Kent (Conn.) teammate Omari Lawrence will visit Louisville at the end of the month, and Parrom is also looking into seeing Providence before going to South Kent early next month.

“Certain schools jumped in after Vegas and Los Angeles,” said Parrom, ranked No. 18 among small forwards in the Class of 2009 by Rivals. “A lot of schools have contacted me. I have to go over my list again with Coach Oz (Oswald Cross), my mother and my father.”

Parrom spent several hours Monday at St. John’s visiting with head coach Norm Roberts and his staff.

“The St. John’s visit was surprising,” Parrom said. “The campus was beautiful. I didn’t know the campus was that big. When I usually go to St. John’s, I go for practice. The whole campus is great. It’s big, I was surprised.

“I met with Norm and the whole staff and an acedemic advisor. I was surprised at their academics. The academics were great at St. John’s.”

Parrom’s Queens visit followed his trip with Lawrence to UConn last Friday.

“Connecticut was a very interesting visit,” he said. “I went with Omari. It was a good visit. It was outstanding. Coach (Jim) Calhoun has a lot of pros (in the NBA). He basically told us if you want to come here, you have to have that mindset that you want to be a pro.”

Parrom was awed by the wall that depicts the names of all the UConn players in the NBA.

“That wall is…Wow,” he said. “I have no words for that wall. He produced a lot of pros. That wall can go on and on.”

Parrom and Lawrence also met A.J. Price, Hasheem Thabeet and other players.

While Lawrence is on record saying St. John’s is his favorite, Parrom still has no favorite and said he and Lawrence aren’t necessarily a package deal.

“Nobody’s pressuring me about St. John’s,” Parrom said. “Omari’s going to go to a school that he feels he fits in. I’m going to go to a school that fits me. We’re not a package deal. We’re just trying to find a school that fits us best.

“Before I make a decision, I’m going to think it over.”

« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2008, 11:34:18 PM »
Kevin Parrom, the 6-foot-6, 200 pound swingman has been blowing up this summer playing with the NY Panthers. Parrom has seen a rise in his "star" value on both Scout and Rivals recruiting services, boasting a new four star rating. JohnnyJungle.com caught up with Parrom to discuss everything from basketball to his love for chocolate chip cookies.

http://www.johnnyjungle.com/One_on_One_With_Kevin_Parrom_81408
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2008, 02:47:27 AM »
article is very well done.  if i had to guess...he's not coming.  the uconn wall of fame impressed him a bit too much.

we should have a wall...we've had more players in the nba than uconn..sadly though, not recently.

« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2008, 10:37:42 AM »
article is very well done.  if i had to guess...he's not coming.  the uconn wall of fame impressed him a bit too much.

we should have a wall...we've had more players in the nba than uconn..sadly though, not recently.

I Know the Parrom's pretty well.  They were more impressed with Norm graduating all his players, Than Calhouns "Wall of Fame". 

"The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event."     

The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

kjd01067

« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2008, 10:45:19 AM »

I Know the Parrom's pretty well.  They were more impressed with Norm graduating all his players, Than Calhouns "Wall of Fame". 

Can you comment on this situation any further ?

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2008, 10:46:24 AM »

Good stuff Queens Rev -