Mike Poole ( rutgers transfer)

• 66 replies
Mike Poole ( rutgers transfer)
« on: April 22, 2013, 01:42:50 PM »
Are we interested?
"His mentor, Nate Blue, Tweeted that Poole would now consider Liberty, St. John’s, Iona and Norfolk State." according to Zags

Re: Mike Poole ( rutgers transfer)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
I like his gamd I always wanted to seem him get 30 mins somewhere. Only problem he wont get it here and wont help us balance out the scholarship situation
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Chilleb

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 01:51:57 PM »
I like his gamd I always wanted to seem him get 30 mins somewhere. Only problem he wont get it here and wont help us balance out the scholarship situation
Poole, would leep Marco in the rotation in a heart beat, and those nights where Dom isn't in his game Poole is just what the doctor ordered, he didn't display half of what he can do while he was at Rutgers, legit 6'5 swing man who can stick it and can pass. Was kept in a bubble over at Rutgers.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 01:57:57 PM »
Iona seems to make the most sense.

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 02:02:24 PM »
Iona seems to make the most sense.

Shocked you would say that.

derk

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »
Poole, would leep Marco in the rotation in a heart beat, and those nights where Dom isn't in his game Poole is just what the doctor ordered, he didn't display half of what he can do while he was at Rutgers, legit 6'5 swing man who can stick it and can pass. Was kept in a bubble over at Rutgers.

Except would he have to sit out 2 years or 1. Technically Rutgers is still part of the BE until July ? And is he a junior or senior. He always played good against us. Another one of the shooting NYC guards who we never seem to land.

Moose

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 02:26:33 PM »

Except would he have to sit out 2 years or 1. Technically Rutgers is still part of the BE until July ? And is he a junior or senior. He always played good against us. Another one of the shooting NYC guards who we never seem to land.

I feel that he will get to play immediately.  And have just 1 yr left.  So if we have the room, sure can't hurt.  1 year risk.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 02:28:23 PM »

He might get a waiver. All of the RU players might. He's better than Marco, but he too needs to given good looks. We gave him good looks because we give everyone good looks.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »

First off there is no 2 year rule.  Intra conference transferring is not allowed period.

But assuming BE rules no longer count he would still have to sit a year.  People are assuming for some reason he can play next and I have no idea why.  Plus SJU has no schollie for him.

Moose

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 02:31:40 PM »

First off there is no 2 year rule.  Intra conference transferring is not allowed period.

But assuming BE rules no longer count he would still have to sit a year.  People are assuming for some reason he can play next and I have no idea why.  Plus SJU has no schollie for him.

You have made it clear you don't think the RU kids will get to play immediately.  I think the circumstances will allow them to play.  Lets remember we are one year of passed legislation away from kids with good GPA's being able to transfer for free with no penalty.  So based on what happened at RU I see no reason NCAA will penalize these kids.

jr49

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 02:33:34 PM »
Rice fixed Rutgers good. They get invite from Big 10 and the team bails. Good thing only football counts.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 02:36:50 PM »

You have made it clear you don't think the RU kids will get to play immediately.  I think the circumstances will allow them to play.  Lets remember we are one year of passed legislation away from kids with good GPA's being able to transfer for free with no penalty.  So based on what happened at RU I see no reason NCAA will penalize these kids.

It has nothing to do with that.  Absent any real evidence the waiver will be granted or even seriously considered why would people write posts as if it is a given.  It is all speculation.

Read the posts. There is no thought to even having to sit a year that's ridiculous.  It is not a given by any stretch.  I don't think people realize that until something else comes out the assumption is the rule applies.

I don't assume it anymore then I assume Isaiah Whitehead in a SJU uniform.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:40:33 PM by fordham96 »

derk

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 02:37:03 PM »

Possible that the Rutgers kids will be granted a special screaming and pushing clause exemption, considering the plethora of grandma clauses of the past few years. In that case I'd take him over Marco. Let's do it.

Moose

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 02:43:26 PM »

It has nothing to do with that.  Absent any real evidence the waiver will be granted or even seriously considered why would people write posts as if itvid a given.  It is all speculation.

Read the posts. There is no thought to even having to sit a year that's ridiculous.  It is not a given by any stretch.  I don't think people realize that until something else comes out the assumption is the rule applies.

What are you talking about?  I said 'I feel'.  Its what I feel.  Its my opinion.  Just as you can have one, and any other poster on this site or elsewhere.  You squash things way too quickly without seeing the entire picture.  The NCAA has made it easier for kids to transfer and will continue to.  RU will not want further bad press and we know the NCAA won't either.

I'm not saying Poole will be at STJ.  All I'm saying is I FEEL that these RU kids will get waiver to play immediately.  Not apples to apples but a comparison would be they waived the transfer rule for Baylor's kids back during the Bliss scandal.

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 02:55:50 PM »
Whether he has to sit out the year or not, his scholarship either way counts in 2013. As of right now, we are at our 13 scholarships for 2013 including Rysheed I believe. That means the roster tinkering may not be over.

desco80

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 03:01:51 PM »
I like Poole.   But I really don't think he'd help that much.   He's not the shooter we need at his position right now.     
With Dom and Felix already here, I think he adds depth, but he would get lost in the shuffle.  His minutes wouldn't be consistent, and if you only have a year left you should go somewhere you can play immediately.   

Good player, but we're just not a great fit for him right now.   IMHO

paultzman

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »
Whether he has to sit out the year or not, his scholarship either way counts in 2013. As of right now, we are at our 13 scholarships for 2013 including Rysheed I believe. That means the roster tinkering may not be over.

Yep

Poison

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »

Yep

Can't we just have one quiet summer?

Moose

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »

Yep

Agreed.

But this is effecting the 10-13th ship so to  speak so not really something that we should be sweating about.

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »

Yep

Agreed.

But this is effecting the 10-13th ship so to  speak so not really something that we should be sweating about.

Quite true.