AAC vs. Big East

• 21 replies

sju89tr

Re: AAC vs. Big East
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 09:35:54 AM »
It's refreshing that we are finally split

UCONN and Cincy will leave eventually and I expect the AAC and Conf USA to merge and possibly take a few A10 schools with them to form a new 16 team mediocre football/basketball conference

I am OK with our 10 members for now but would like to see at least a 12 team (and perhaps a 16 team) basketball conference We have to remember that other Big East sports need members. Right now I think baseball only has St Johns, Nova, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Butler, Creighton, and Xavier. Need at least 8 members if not 10.   

Don't think Xavier has baseball but I could be wrong. And personally I think 10 is perfect number for basketball. Builds rivalries and maintains a a  competitive balance.

They do have baseball

http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-basebl/

sju89tr

Re: AAC vs. Big East
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 09:38:13 AM »
It's refreshing that we are finally split

UCONN and Cincy will leave eventually and I expect the AAC and Conf USA to merge and possibly take a few A10 schools with them to form a new 16 team mediocre football/basketball conference

I am OK with our 10 members for now but would like to see at least a 12 team (and perhaps a 16 team) basketball conference We have to remember that other Big East sports need members. Right now I think baseball only has St Johns, Nova, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Butler, Creighton, and Xavier. Need at least 8 members if not 10.   

Don't think Xavier has baseball but I could be wrong. And personally I think 10 is perfect number for basketball. Builds rivalries and maintains a a  competitive balance.

I could see possibly adding two more schools. I don't see how we could add six without watering down the league if we stick to our non FB playing BCS profile.

Realistically Fox will want more schools and the schools in the conference will want more money with more schools.

I don't see us going past Creighton out west but anything is possible with regards to Gonzaga.

There are a lot of good basketball only schools still out there especially St. Louis and VCU