"D-Day" is coming...

• 17 replies
"D-Day" is coming...
« on: July 01, 2013, 10:56:08 AM »
with summer session 2 beginning next week and sheed jordan coming this weekend, is it safe to say that we'll officially find out about D'Angelo's status in the next few days?

paultzman

Re: "D-Day" is coming...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 11:16:28 AM »
with summer session 2 beginning next week and sheed jordan coming this weekend, is it safe to say that we'll officially find out about D'Angelo's status in the next few days?

Not worrying about Harrison, but curious about Greene's rehab progress and implications for summer play and practice in September. Just my sense, but I doubt he will be ready to play in Europe. Could be wrong, we'll see.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:40:10 AM by paultzman »

DFF6

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 11:37:04 AM »

Not worrying about Harrison, but curious about Green's rehab progress and implications for summer play and practice in September. Just my sense, but I doubt he will be ready to play in Europe. Could be wrong, we'll see.

Indeed it would be interesting if Greene's rehab prevents him from playing a lot this summer and in Europe.  Notwithstanding Lavin's loyalty to Greene, assuming Greene's rehab is protracted, I could easily forsee a situation where the team plays/jells really well w/o Greene behind Jordan and Branch at point.  You'd think Lavin would then have little choice but to significantly cut Phil's minutes going forward, even when he's 100%.

crgreen

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 12:03:40 PM »

Not worrying about Harrison, but curious about Green's rehab progress and implications for summer play and practice in September. Just my sense, but I doubt he will be ready to play in Europe. Could be wrong, we'll see.

Indeed it would be interesting if Greene's rehab prevents him from playing a lot this summer and in Europe.  Notwithstanding Lavin's loyalty to Greene, assuming Greene's rehab is protracted, I could easily forsee a situation where the team plays/jells really well w/o Greene behind Jordan and Branch at point.  You'd think Lavin would then have little choice but to significantly cut Phil's minutes going forward, even when he's 100%.

I dont think missing 5 exhibition games is really going to be enuf to offset the 65 games 60 starts, nearly 600 pts & 200 asists, and over 2,000 minutes played that Phil already has under his belt. IMHO.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »

I dont think missing 5 exhibition games is really going to be enuf to offset the 65 games 60 starts, nearly 600 pts & 200 asists, and over 2,000 minutes played that Phil already has under his belt. IMHO.

Phil can still help us by playing 10-15 minutes a game at the off-guard spot.  His shooting improved last year, and I expect it to get even better this year.  Guy plays hard, too.  There will be minutes avaliable on the floor for him, IMO.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »
If Greene does play in Europe will he dribble counter clock wise there?

LJSA

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 03:44:43 PM »

Same hemisphere, so he will dribble same direction.

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 03:46:54 PM »
Was going with driving on opposite side of the road thing.

DFF6

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 03:51:16 PM »

Then Phil should be a superstar, because Europeans love their "roundabouts" -- Think "Big Ben, Parliament" from National Lampoons European Vacation.

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 04:31:38 PM »
If Phil isn't ready any chance for a medical redshirt? I'm a fan of his game, so I hope he's 100% but we I think we do have the luxury of not rushing him.

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »
If Phil isn't ready any chance for a medical redshirt? I'm a fan of his game, so I hope he's 100% but we I think we do have the luxury of not rushing him.

No medical redshirt and he will play valuable minutes at both guard spots

LJSA

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 06:44:24 PM »

That unfortunately didn't occur to me until right after I posted.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 09:51:18 PM »
man can you let it go, just keep repeating the same thought over and over again.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 09:53:12 PM »

It's Europe. Not Australia. That said, of he does dribble counterclockwise, would that count as adding a new move to his game?

desco80

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 10:04:45 PM »

Phil can still help us by playing 10-15 minutes a game at the off-guard spot.  His shooting improved last year, and I expect it to get even better this year.  Guy plays hard, too.  There will be minutes avaliable on the floor for him, IMO.

He does play hard, and I'm sure he'll give us meaningful minutes.  But his shooting most certainly did not improve.  It got worse.

Now, in fairness, he had a lingering injury all season, so I'm sure that played a part.  But still, he shot pretty terribly for a sg.   Hoping for a big rebound this season. 

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 11:13:14 AM »
man can you let it go, just keep repeating the same thought over and over again. -Quote some guy

I will let it go when he stops dribbling around aimlessly. If that ever happens we can move on to the fact he can't shoot but seems to enjoy doing so.

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 01:36:41 PM »
man can you let it go, just keep repeating the same thought over and over again. -Quote some guy

I will let it go when he stops dribbling around aimlessly. If that ever happens we can move on to the fact he can't shoot but seems to enjoy doing so.
I agree with you, however repeating the same issue over and over won't solve it. We know it already.

I hope with Jamal and Sheed that he never has to play the point again, thus the circling stops. He played out of position for 2 years. Let's see what happens, when he plays only the 2 position. His shooting is an issue, but looked better the last 5 games, as he went to the hoop more.

Marillac

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 07:35:50 PM »

None of the countries they are visiting drive on the opposite side of the road...or I just got really freaking lucky :)