Fordham Predictions

• 66 replies
Re: Fordham Predictions
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »
Lavin's loss to Fordham in his first season is seared in his brain.  Same with the rest of the team.  This game isn't one that anybody is going to take lightly.  We aren't losing this one.
Lavin's loss to Fordham in his first season is seared in his brain.  Same with the rest of the team.  This game isn't one that anybody is going to take lightly.  We aren't losing this one.

You are correct. It is. I was at that game. Tell ya what, we go 12-6 in the BE, we can lose to Fordham. Thing is, I've been to a lot of games that we expected to win going away, and left sick to my stomach. The only team I haven't seen us lose to live is Iona, and we all know that's because we refuse to play them. I think they'd kill us.

You think Iona would "kill us?" Wow. Is this based on their valiant effort barely losing to Cleveland State, or their convincing win over Wofford?

What have we done?

Enough to say we wouldn't be killed by Iona.

Poison

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 01:00:51 PM »

You are correct. It is. I was at that game. Tell ya what, we go 12-6 in the BE, we can lose to Fordham. Thing is, I've been to a lot of games that we expected to win going away, and left sick to my stomach. The only team I haven't seen us lose to live is Iona, and we all know that's because we refuse to play them. I think they'd kill us.

You think Iona would "kill us?" Wow. Is this based on their valiant effort barely losing to Cleveland State, or their convincing win over Wofford?

What have we done?

Take a look at their margin of victory, and then take a look at ours. I don't think they'll be a better team than us in Feb, but if we played them now, this entire board would be scared shitless.

Moose

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 01:02:05 PM »

What have we done?

Take a look at their margin of victory, and then take a look at ours. I don't think they'll be a better team than us in Feb, but if we played them now, this entire board would be scared shitless.

Well Baldi wouldnt be scared.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »
Best part of this game is no matter what happens the poster Fordham will be upset.

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
78-52 SJU

Jordan's breakout game. Obekpa with 9 blocks.

The only reason Obekpa doesn't get 15 blocks is because they are likely to play strictly on the perimeter.

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 01:27:57 PM »
Hopefully Lavin is preaching Defend the Perimeter and Penetrate!!

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 02:13:23 PM »
Sanchez bounces back with close to a double double. First game at the garden, we'll shoot well (by our standards at least). Rysheed gets his first dunk.

We win 74-61
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 02:50:24 PM »
79-69 SJU.

boo3

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 03:07:37 PM »
Francesa-  99

Kay-  62

Severe scores 45 of the 62. 

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 03:09:46 PM »
Francesa-  99

Kay-  62

Severe scores 45 of the 62. 

With 0 assists.

jr49

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 06:41:15 PM »
Sounds funny, but we gotta keep their little guys off the boards. If we limit their shots we win easy. If we lazy, we lose.

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 08:58:28 PM »
Fordham 73, STJ 60

Severe with 34. Fordham hits 13 threes as we sit in a slow and unresponsive California Zone to start the game, fall behind early and never get closer than 8. Lavin experiences his first strong criticism from the media.

Is that a prediction or a dream of what you want too see?

Hey, remember when you thought it was "all good" after Harkless went pro? Fordham's team might not be great, but they can shoot. AND, after just a few games, they know who they are. So, what is more likely to happen? We discover who we are by Saturday, or they come at us with offensive firepower that we aren't ready to defend?

We lost to Penn State not because they are a good team, but because we don't stop the damn ball. Should be favored to win, and we should win, but I don't think Lavin will abandon this terrible zone defense he's attempting to teach, and IMO that will play right into Pecora's hands.

Hope I'm wrong, which is why your response is both puzzling and pointless.
Your prediction is puzzling....entitled to your opinion but it certainly not based on Fordham success against any competition...

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 10:20:31 PM »
We lost to Penn State not because they are a good team, but because we don't stop the damn ball.

No, we lost to Penn St. because Jakarr decided to break as many cardinal rules of defense as possible at the games most critical juncture.

He bit the pump fake badly; 1) leaving his feet to contest a jump shooter and 2) He fouled a three point shooter.  Not the first time this season either.

The fact that there were 6 seconds remaining and the shooter was 25 feet from the basket makes it all the more egregious.

MCNPA

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2013, 10:25:01 PM »

What have we done?

Scared shitless by Iona?  Not a chance.  I don't know why this is even a discussion.  Iona has put up plenty of points against Nancy's.  We haven't played our best ball by a longshot, but Iona's defense doesn't scare anybody.  Their offense wold have a lot harder time getting shots off vs our shotblockers than anybody they've played.   I'm amazed at how little respect fans of SJU have for our team, considering we have only 2 losses, 1 which we lost because we missed a free throw and the other against a top 10 team. 

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 01:12:05 AM »
Used to go to these Fordham games hoping, wanting and expecting to win by 20. have learned to temper my expectations and will be happy to be walking out of MSG with a one point victory. Of course my preference would be a blow out win. Haven't seen Fordham so I will not make a prediction, but am concerned by their apparent good guard play.

LJSA

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 05:14:32 AM »
71-66 Fordham

Poison

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »

What have we done?

Scared shitless by Iona?  Not a chance.  I don't know why this is even a discussion.  Iona has put up plenty of points against Nancy's.  We haven't played our best ball by a longshot, but Iona's defense doesn't scare anybody.  Their offense wold have a lot harder time getting shots off vs our shotblockers than anybody they've played.   I'm amazed at how little respect fans of SJU have for our team, considering we have only 2 losses, 1 which we lost because we missed a free throw and the other against a top 10 team. 

We played Longwood, Monmouth, and now we're playing Fordham at home. They played some decent programs and looked very strong. They housed George Mason. If we had done that everyone here would call it a solid win. Who have we housed? Humbolt State?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:20:20 AM by Poison »

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »
We go all Loyola Marymount on F.U. and run them out of MSG 115-84.  (btw - for those that say run and gun doesn't work, recall the final score of the Bo Kimble led LMU-Michigan NCAA tourney game.....yessir, 149-115... it is possible to run an ENTIRE game - lol)

Seriously, we come out up tempo, picking up the press at half court for most FU possessions.  Chaos ensues, and our comfortable lead evaporates as we are lethargic the LAST 10 minutes of the game to win a 68-65 tight one.  Severe misses the 3 at the buzzer to tie it. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:21:53 AM by bball purist »

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 11:31:25 AM »
Poison - I'm curious.  What is your prediction for this year's record?

uwsfan

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2013, 11:57:06 AM »
We lost to Penn State not because they are a good team, but because we don't stop the damn ball.

No, we lost to Penn St. because Jakarr decided to break as many cardinal rules of defense as possible at the games most critical juncture.

He bit the pump fake badly; 1) leaving his feet to contest a jump shooter and 2) He fouled a three point shooter.  Not the first time this season either.

The fact that there were 6 seconds remaining and the shooter was 25 feet from the basket makes it all the more egregious.

That is not a game that should have come down to the final seconds. It sould have been won by double digits. Can fault Jakars foul or Harrisons missed ft, but the fact is the game should have been over several minutes before.