I take it all back

• 50 replies

Tiger

I take it all back
« on: February 01, 2014, 02:57:34 PM »
A week ago I was so down on this team.  It must be February, cause they looked great today.  Hitting threes, rebounding, steals, assist.  Totally different club.  I'm back on the
band wagon.

I am sorry Coach Lavin for suggesting Ben Howland should replace you.  It was all the depression meds I was on.

Go Storm!  Beat Providence!!!

Re: I take it all back
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 03:00:27 PM »
You got Lavin'd.

goredmen

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 03:00:47 PM »
The life of a NY sports fan. Over-react and call for a coach's head after one loss and over-react and think all is right and the team will win the BET after one win
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 03:01:17 PM by goredmen »

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 03:05:23 PM »
The hope is Lavin is right and we crushed a team that has been spanking is for years and was picked to finish first. Not only are appear to actually be "gelling" on 1 Feb, but we crushed a legit team. If this was against DePaul I'm pretty sure there wod be as much hope in Mudville...As you said  we are only as optismistic as our next win.
Cougar O' Malley

goredmen

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 03:08:58 PM »
The hope is Lavin is right and we crushed a team that has been spanking is for years and was picked to finish first. Not only are appear to actually be "gelling" on 1 Feb, but we crushed a legit team. If this was against DePaul I'm pretty sure there wod be as much hope in Mudville...As you said  we are only as optismistic as our next win.

Marquette isnt a "legit" team this year. They are an NIT team at best. Lets not go crazy now

DFF6

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 03:11:48 PM »
It was a good win, but let's not get too crazy. Marquette is really struggling this year. Let's see what this team does the next 2 games against Providence and Creighton before we think we have something more than a shot at the NIT.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 03:12:34 PM »

Marquette isnt a "legit" team this year. They are an NIT team at best. Lets not go crazy now

I'm surprised at how bad they've been. They were my #1 team preseason. I really liked their freshman.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »
It's February and we're gelling and "are a dangerous team",  just like Lavin said.  He's a genius savant.  ;)

That must be Buzz' worst team ever.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 03:52:06 PM »
The fact this team has had our number for years and we spanked them is a definite positive.  If they won this game the would have been 5-4 which puts them in the mix of the BE, so SJU beat somebody ahead of them is a positive.

We have to go on a big winning streak to get back in the mix of things, but I am a little more optimistic after beating Marqutte then I would have if we beaten SH.
Cougar O' Malley

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 04:23:39 PM »

I'm surprised at how bad they've been. They were my #1 team preseason. I really liked their freshman.

Junior Cadougan...most underrated player in the country.  I must have posted that a dozen times the last few years.
They were #1 on a lot of lists, but that is mostly because there was no proven Big East alternative, and nobody really knew how the other schools would adapt in the first year to dominate enough to be #1.  Buzz reloads every year and they have always replaced talent and done well.

Our season goes in two very different directions after the Providence game.  It is they key to the season.  I think we'll win all the remaining home games--even Creighton--and @ SH and @Marquette.  A win on the road at Providence would be a ten spot RPI jump, put us at 14-9, and give us a win over a tournament team. 

I've had the Nova game circled (figuratively) for a while on 2/22.  That is not a key to the season, but the team will be a damn near finished product and you just can't get swept in this conference.  I expect a battle.   

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »

Junior Cadougan...most underrated player in the country.  I must have posted that a dozen times the last few years.
They were #1 on a lot of lists, but that is mostly because there was no proven Big East alternative, and nobody really knew how the other schools would adapt in the first year to dominate enough to be #1.  Buzz reloads every year and they have always replaced talent and done well.

Our season goes in two very different directions after the Providence game.  It is they key to the season.  I think we'll win all the remaining home games--even Creighton--and @ SH and @Marquette.  A win on the road at Providence would be a ten spot RPI jump, put us at 14-9, and give us a win over a tournament team. 

I've had the Nova game circled (figuratively) for a while on 2/22.  That is not a key to the season, but the team will be a damn near finished product and you just can't get swept in this conference.  I expect a battle.   

I thought Jamil Wilson was poised to have a huge year and he is a sleeper that is still sleeping.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 05:44:25 PM »
I take nothing back . Great win! Great job players and coaches . But we are still 3-6. Long way to go. Very happy we won. When/if we are 6-6 I will take it back

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 06:58:49 PM »

I thought Jamil Wilson was poised to have a huge year and he is a sleeper that is still sleeping.

He reminds me a lot of Sampson and a few others on our team.  He was great in a reduced role where he could play within his abilities, but he is not a Batman or even a Robin.  Playing to a guy's  abilities is such an important part of this game.  Wilson just looks sloppy this year.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:59:59 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 09:11:37 PM »
Winning teams win consistently.

cjfish

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 11:03:05 PM »
Lets not go crazy positive over Lavin.  It was a blowout and his input was not needed a crunch time.  Great effort by the team but  Marquette is hurting.

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 11:16:04 PM »
Lets not go crazy positive over Lavin.  It was a blowout and his input was not needed a crunch time.  Great effort by the team but  Marquette is hurting.
But didn't his input get us there? You can't have it both ways. If we let them back into the game this board would be all over him.

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 11:17:30 PM »
He deserves all the credit for today. Still 3-6.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 11:25:25 PM »

It's a little bit unfair to blame a coach when his team loses, but refuse to give him credit when his team wins.

boo3

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 11:40:13 PM »

It's a little bit unfair to blame a coach when his team loses, but refuse to give him credit when his team wins.

It's the Jungle way

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 02:04:57 AM »
But aren't we St. John's and above all that ;D