We are what we are...

• 10 replies
We are what we are...
« on: January 20, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »
and that is a last place team in the new super soft Big East conference.  Lucky for St John's the league only goes ten deep or else we all know we would be #16 out of 16 with this so called loaded roster filled with so called NBA talent.

I just looked over the schedule and in all honesty they are not winning more than 2 out of the next 7 games.  The conference will put no more than 4 teams into the NCAA's (unless an outside team wins BE tourney) and when you look closely you see mediocrity all over the place and that is the scariest point that we are right at the bottom without a conference win and the longest Big East losing streak in St John's history at 10 and counting.

Can you imagine if Louisville, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Connecticut and Notre Dame were still in the conference?

Fox made the biggest blunder ever giving this conference a huge TV contract because unless you are a fan of one of the teams in the conference or have money on the game the games are borderline unwatchable.

No way this conference gets the same type of contract when this one runs out.  Absolutely not a shot.  Fox is getting slaughtered on this deal and they should've know when you lost all the meat in the conference and now you are just left with the potatoes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:20:28 PM by Needs2go »

Re: We are what we are...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:22:31 PM »
yes, annoying and redundant in particular.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:23:34 PM »
and that is a last place team in the new super soft Big East conference.  Lucky for St John's the league only goes ten deep or else we all know we would be #16 out of 16 with this so called loaded roster filled with so called NBA talent.

I just looked over the schedule and in all honesty they are not winning more than 2 out of the next 7 games.  The conference will put no more than 4 teams into the NCAA's (unless an outside team wins BE tourney) and when you look closely you see mediocrity all over the place and that is the scariest point that we are right at the bottom without a conference win and the longest Big East losing streak in St John's history at 10 and counting.

Can you imagine if Louisville, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Connecticut and Notre Dame were still in the conference?

Fox made the biggest blunder ever giving this conference a huge TV contract because unless you are a fan of one of the teams in the conference or have money on the game the games are borderline unwatchable.

No way this conference gets the same type of contract when this one runs out.  Absolutely not a shot.  Fox is getting slaughtered on this deal and they should've know when you lost all the meat in the conference and now you are just left with the potatoes.

So you thought this regurgitated mash up of all your other posts was worthy of it's own thread?

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »
Predicitons

Seton Hall- (L) close loss
@Butler- (L) lead at half and get blown out in 2nd half
@Creighton- (L) blowout city
Marquette- (W) squeak out a close win on Super Bowl Saturday to break 13 game conference losing streak
@Providence- (L) ten point loss. we don't beat well coached teams on the road
Creighton- (L) big Doug and Lil Doug light up the Garden
@Seton Hall- (W) the Johnnies play a perfect game at the Prudential Center to pull off the upset

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 01:31:17 PM »
after thinking about it I was generous giving them 2 wins.  I don't think they even achieve that but we will hear from Ol Stevie how practice has been ramped up and the team is right where it needs to be for one of Stevie's magical stretch drives.  Just like Jakar said all Lavin's team peak late just like last year.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 02:18:10 PM »
Realfan?

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 02:21:31 PM »
Needs2Go, you need to join the disband the program bandwagon son!

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »
After they only win 2 games they go on and link up with terrorist and the mafia and cause havoc to women and children. I hear they kick puppies and were directly involved in the GW bridge gate scandal.
Cougar O' Malley

Tiznow

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 10:26:32 PM »
Predicitons

Marquette- (W) squeak out a close win on Super Bowl Saturday to break 13 game conference losing streak
@Seton Hall- (W) the Johnnies play a perfect game at the Prudential Center to pull off the upset

For your sake I hope you don't bet on these games.  You are 0 for 5.

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 10:34:22 PM »
Predicitons

Haha.

LoganK

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 07:55:52 AM »
Predicitons

And yet for my sake I'm hoping he does.
Schadenfreude...