I take it all back

• 50 replies
Re: I take it all back
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 09:49:47 AM »
The hope is Lavin is right and we crushed a team that has been spanking is for years and was picked to finish first. Not only are appear to actually be "gelling" on 1 Feb, but we crushed a legit team

Legit team, Really??

One quick question will Marquette be in the field of 69 this year??  Not even close so pipe down with the legit team talk. In my book this team still hasn't beaten a good quality tournament team in 2 years.  Who in the world cares where they were picked in the beginning of the season it means absolutely jack because this is a game we should have 100% won.

It was a very impressive game yesterday but may be too little too late.  I am so sick of hearing about this February run when the season began in the beginning of November.  This team should have been ready then without any excuses.  Every college team goes through changes and we may have had less than others.  This is on Lavin that the team was so far behind and if they don't make the NCAA's whatever way they can this season is a total bust no other way to look.

Orlando Sanchez should never start another game he is a good player in garbage time and that is it. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:08:08 AM by Needs2go »

desco80

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 09:58:40 AM »
Lets not go crazy positive over Lavin.  It was a blowout and his input was not needed a crunch time.  Great effort by the team but  Marquette is hurting.

It's a little bit unfair to blame a coach when his team loses, but refuse to give him credit when his team wins.

No, it's a pattern and coach deserves his due.   He's shortened the rotation, pressed more, and relied heavily on a three guard lineup with either Jordan or Branch almost always on the floor.    These were substantial improvements.   

Also, not for nothing but at times this year certain guys have looked completely lost, but coach kept the team together and that's no easy task.
A week ago Obekpa looked like he might give up on life, let alone basketball.   Yet he played a huge role in yesterday's win.   I give Lavin credit for keeping Chris's head on and finding ways to keep him involved.   
And the same could have been said at different times for Rysheed, Dom, and Jakarr as well.   

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 10:01:20 AM »
Marquette isnt a "legit" team this year. They are an NIT team at best. Lets not go crazy now

Thank you.  Some people in here are so clueless.  I never even got to your response I was just shaking my head in amazement at the last guys post how we beat a legit team.  LOL they are a borderline NIT team that we beat at home.

By the way the Garden was absolutely dead during the Johnnies inspiring win on Super Bowl Saturday.  Let me tell you Lavin really has this fan base buzzing.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:09:46 AM by Needs2go »

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 10:37:01 AM »
I
The hope is Lavin is right and we crushed a team that has been spanking is for years and was picked to finish first. Not only are appear to actually be "gelling" on 1 Feb, but we crushed a legit team

Legit team, Really??

One quick question will Marquette be in the field of 69 this year??  Not even close so pipe down with the legit team talk. In my book this team still hasn't beaten a good quality tournament team in 2 years.  Who in the world cares where they were picked in the beginning of the season it means absolutely jack because this is a game we should have 100% won.

It was a very impressive game yesterday but may be too little too late.  I am so sick of hearing about this February run when the season began in the beginning of November.  This team should have been ready then without any excuses.  Every college team goes through changes and we may have had less than others.  This is on Lavin that the team was so far behind and if they don't make the NCAA's whatever way they can this season is a total bust no other way to look.

Orlando Sanchez should never start another game he is a good player in garbage time and that is it. 
I'm your opinion Lavin should have AIDs mixed with cancer because he is worse then Hitler...if you actually read. My post instead of spitting your insane hate of the coach and the program, I said that it was a good win against a team that has won the 8 over the last 9 over us and it gives a little hope moving forward.  I did not say we are now tournament bound...but that would take away your pointless hate...

Gods job on commenting on a win even if it is trashing the coach.

I just ask ease do not create another thread on even win SJU wins convincingly Lavin is still the worst coach ever.
Cougar O' Malley

TONYD3

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 10:38:51 AM »
Marquette has been a legit team since they have been in the big east. They were preseason #1 and have the best coach on the conference in my opinion . They are having a tough season . But they have proved to be a legit team. Very good win. Still 3-6. Had 0 confidence in Lavin 2 weeks ago.
Marquette coach said before game that we have the most talent in big east. I believe that.  A strong finish will get me back on board. Still think that is only a 50% chance

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »
I'm your opinion Lavin should have AIDs mixed with cancer because he is worse then Hitler...if you actually read

I normally don't respond to such foolish posts but this one I had to. Just to put the thoughts that you have in writing is very disturbing to me to know that some people think stuff up like this.  Wishing Aids and Cancer on someone is evil and just to even think like that shows you are the one with the problems and I hope someday you can get some help.  This is basketball talk and you have taken it to a hole other level.  Its like you had a mini meltdown when you read my post about Marquette and those are the thoughts that came to your twisted mind.

I think the coach is a fraud and a smoke blower but big difference from your perception I have of him.

You are the one who called Marquette a legit team because they were preseason number 1 not me.

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »
Depends on how you look at this because preseason I would have chalked this up as an L. So winning it is a positive.

However Marquette has underachieved this season. They are a talented team but they are having their woes alternating win/loss in conference play. So you could say this should have been a game St. John's won at home.

IMO this wasn't a layup and the dominating performance was most impressive. Buzz's teams don't usually get blown out like that.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 11:34:36 AM »
Lets not kid ourselves Marquette is not a good basketball team this year and past years really don't matter at all.

Marquette has played 9 LEGIT teams this year and they have come out with a total of 1 win.

Losses
Ohio State
Arizona State
San Diego State
Wisconsin
New Mexico
Creighton
Xavier
Villanova

Wins
Providence

And if I has to guess out of those 9 Providence would be the lowest rated.  Marquette has been awful this year no other way around it.  They can beat anyone good just like the Johnnies cant so yesterday someone had to win but neither team could say they beat a good team after the win.

Was it impressive?? Yes
Was it a quality win?? No

gman

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 11:45:25 AM »
I don't take anything back. We still haven't beat a quality team during this stretch. If we rattle off 9 or 10 wins and sneak into the ncaa then I will happily eat crow. Until the. I still think we are an nit team that will look at coulda shoulda wouldas.

Poison

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2014, 11:48:45 AM »
We're 13-9. Take it all back when we're 20-10, and we've pretty much punched our ticket to the dance. Lavin has his work cut out for him, and the only way he saves face is by making the tournament. He brought this upon himself.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:37:17 PM by Poison »

paultzman

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »
I don't take anything back. We still haven't beat a quality team during this stretch. If we rattle off 9 or 10 wins and sneak into the ncaa then I will happily eat crow. Until the. I still think we are an nit team that will look at coulda shoulda wouldas.

Exactly, can't give up hope, but we dug quite a hole for ourselves. The proverbial one game at a time approach is apt. Lose at PC, that hole gets exponentially bigger.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2014, 12:24:34 PM »
I'm your opinion Lavin should have AIDs mixed with cancer because he is worse then Hitler...if you actually read

I normally don't respond to such foolish posts but this one I had to. Just to put the thoughts that you have in writing is very disturbing to me to know that some people think stuff up like this.  Wishing Aids and Cancer on someone is evil and just to even think like that shows you are the one with the problems and I hope someday you can get some help.  This is basketball talk and you have taken it to a hole other level.  Its like you had a mini meltdown when you read my post about Marquette and those are the thoughts that came to your twisted mind.

I think the coach is a fraud and a smoke blower but big difference from your perception I have of him.

You are the one who called Marquette a legit team because they were preseason number 1 not me.

Clearly I was being Sarcastic, especially with the worse the Hitler part....thank for the Behavorial Help advice...

As long as they keep wining the seasons reminds revelant.
Cougar O' Malley

gman

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2014, 01:24:52 PM »
Marquette isnt a "legit" team this year. They are an NIT team at best. Lets not go crazy now

Thank you.  Some people in here are so clueless.  I never even got to your response I was just shaking my head in amazement at the last guys post how we beat a legit team.  LOL they are a borderline NIT team that we beat at home.

By the way the Garden was absolutely dead during the Johnnies inspiring win on Super Bowl Saturday.  Let me tell you Lavin really has this fan base buzzing.

Nm
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:26:11 PM by gman »

cjfish

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2014, 01:42:42 PM »
Lets not go crazy positive over Lavin.  It was a blowout and his input was not needed a crunch time.  Great effort by the team but  Marquette is hurting.

It's a little bit unfair to blame a coach when his team loses, but refuse to give him credit when his team wins.
To elucidate my last comment, in a blowout Lavin doesn't need to contribute his bench coaching abilities down the stretch and draw up plays after timeouts which result in something like Dom taking a 16 footer and fans yelling ouch before he releases the ball. However, credit lavin with shortening the rotation which needed to be done.
  It's the Jungle way

TONYD3

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2014, 02:02:21 PM »
How do say a coach has no role in a blow out win?

SJUFAN

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2014, 02:12:20 PM »
Lets not kid ourselves Marquette is not a good basketball team this year and past years really don't matter at all.

Marquette has played 9 LEGIT teams this year and they have come out with a total of 1 win.

Losses
Ohio State
Arizona State
San Diego State
Wisconsin
New Mexico
Creighton
Xavier
Villanova

Wins
Providence

And if I has to guess out of those 9 Providence would be the lowest rated.  Marquette has been awful this year no other way around it.  They can beat anyone good just like the Johnnies cant so yesterday someone had to win but neither team could say they beat a good team after the win.

Was it impressive?? Yes
Was it a quality win?? No

Just curious......You say they are not a legit team, so do you believe Buzz is a terrible coach? They were picked to finish first by the coaches poll. Clearly many believed they have the talent to warrant first place consideration based on their pre season ranking. 

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2014, 03:32:50 PM »
Loved being at the game yesterday, those back to back Depaul and Prov losses by a combined 3 points REALLY hurt right now. Would be an entire different season with those two games.

If we knock off Prov on Tuesday, then it's time to get giddy.

Poison

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2014, 04:04:36 PM »
Loved being at the game yesterday, those back to back Depaul and Prov losses by a combined 3 points REALLY hurt right now. Would be an entire different season with those two games.

We should be giddy at 4-6? Really?

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »

We should be giddy at 4-6? Really?

Maybe not giddy but, at the beginning of the year, I think most would have expected a split with Providence.  If we win this game, it takes back the one we gave away at home.  DePaul can't be made up because we should have swept them.   I think the first half of our BE schedule was tougher than the back end.    We have to make up for the weak start and do damage in the BET.

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2014, 04:23:51 PM »
I agree we can't  make up the DePaul loss even by splitting with nova and creighton, however if DePaul can somehow get a respectable record in conference, let's say 6-12, not good by any stretch, but the loss isnt as bad as let's say if they went 4-14. My point being, it will always be a bad loss but not something that is insurmountable to crush our NCAA hopes because their record for season would be close to 500 overall.   Plus beating nova and creighton should look great because both should be ranked at top of conference and in top 10/15 in country at a time when committee really starts putting bubble teams under a microscope.  Obviously big ifs but not something that can't happen