Malik Stith - East Mecklenburg - Charlotte, NC - ST. JOHN'S (SIGNED LOI)

• 164 replies
Re: Malik Stith - East Mecklenburg - Charlotte, NC - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 07:56:29 AM »
Commitments gotta be honored on both ends.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 10:33:16 AM »

Hey Choz,  Is it possible to get this guy playing in IS8?  I've ask everyone and no one knows anything about this kid.  Would like to C how he handles some of the matchups. 
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2008, 12:50:17 PM »

Hey Choz,  Is it possible to get this guy playing in IS8?  I've ask everyone and no one knows anything about this kid.  Would like to C how he handles some of the matchups. 

Good q yo. Thing is I dont know nuthin 'bout this brother either. I know he from LIC, but his whole ball career seem to be down in dixie. Dont even know where he play AAU. Maybe the preps will all come down.

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 01:04:59 PM »
Run the list of PG's and you'll see that he is shown between the 32nd and 33rd ranked PG's so I read between the lines as it were.  Also the 32nd ranked PG is 3 star and the 33rd ranked is two star.  Malik is 3 star.

Thanks.
Do you know where Hoopscoop ranks him, either as a fifth year or overall?

No but if you give me $500 I'll try and find out.   ;)

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 02:15:33 PM »

Good q yo. Thing is I dont know nuthin 'bout this brother either. I know he from LIC, but his whole ball career seem to be down in dixie. Dont even know where he play AAU. Maybe the preps will all come down.

he played with the United Celtics.  A charlotte area AAU team affiliated with the Atlanta Celtics.

http://unitedceltics.com/
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 05:38:33 PM »
Run the list of PG's and you'll see that he is shown between the 32nd and 33rd ranked PG's so I read between the lines as it were.  Also the 32nd ranked PG is 3 star and the 33rd ranked is two star.  Malik is 3 star.

Thanks.
Do you know where Hoopscoop ranks him, either as a fifth year or overall?
No but if you give me $500 I'll try and find out.   ;)
:D :D :D

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 05:52:42 PM »
FWIW Rivals shows him outside the to 25 with about 40 other 3 star PG's.

kob24

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 11:37:14 PM »
he also played for the panthers. I know the guy who handles him and he is gonna sign from what I have been told

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2008, 08:01:05 AM »
he also played for the panthers. I know the guy who handles him and he is gonna sign from what I have been told

I hope this blind date really works out! ???
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 01:38:46 PM »
FWIW Rivals shows him outside the to 25 with about 40 other 3 star PG's.

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/classof2009-fall2008.asp
More than one way to skin a cat ;)

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »

Do you have questions or concerns about Stith ?
Seems there was no reason for the staff to offer early and accept his commitment if they did not feel he could play at this level. 

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2008, 07:55:40 PM »

Seems there was no reason for the staff to offer early and accept his commitment if they did not feel he could play at this level. 

I think most posters show concern because he's not ranked by any website and since he plays in Carolina noone has seen him play.  Some see other highly touted players showing interest in us and are thinking maybe we accepted his verbal too soon.  Hopefully he's the goods because we need a PG in this class badly.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

kjd01067

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2008, 08:47:36 PM »

I think most posters show concern because he's not ranked by any website and since he plays in Carolina noone has seen him play.  Some see other highly touted players showing interest in us and are thinking maybe we accepted his verbal too soon.  Hopefully he's the goods because we need a PG in this class badly.

All I know is he hasn't signed on that dotted line so... if someone comes along that is more talented than there still is some wiggle room.

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 09:43:56 PM »

All I know is he hasn't signed on that dotted line so... if someone comes along that is more talented than there still is some wiggle room.

A great approach to build good will for the program  ::) thank g-d you are not a member of the coaching staff.

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2008, 09:50:32 PM »

A great approach to build good will for the program  ::) thank g-d you are not a member of the coaching staff.

I was thinking the same thing about Stith being the odd man out if something better comes along, but what if this kid explodes this year(kinda like Burrell?)

Randomhero423

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2008, 09:52:59 PM »
the only way i don't let stith sign is if lance is elgible and wants to come here.

kjd01067

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2008, 10:11:37 PM »

I'm not saying its the ethical thing to do... the point i was trying to get across was that if I was Norm and Parrom and Lance told me they wanted to play for me I would say thanks for the interest Malik but we can't offer you the ship.  Like you said its not the way to build a good program but what do you think calhoun does at Uconn and I wouldnt mind the kind of success they have been having up their.  I quess its kinda of a damned if you do damned if you don't.

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2008, 07:55:39 AM »

I'm not saying its the ethical thing to do... the point i was trying to get across was that if I was Norm and Parrom and Lance told me they wanted to play for me I would say thanks for the interest Malik but we can't offer you the ship.  Like you said its not the way to build a good program but what do you think calhoun does at Uconn and I wouldnt mind the kind of success they have been having up their.  I quess its kinda of a damned if you do damned if you don't.

Yo Id hope it'd be Gary Payton all ova again 'cause a program that go back on its word to a commit is a garbage program. No doubt.

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2008, 08:07:56 AM »

Of course I have concerns about a kid I haven't heard anything about.  I think the staff is taking a chance on him working out.  From all accounts he did very well on his magical run for a state chip.  I just would have like to c him dominate and make more noise over the last 3 months in AAU.  The tournaments his team was in they didn't do too much.  When I think of Lance, Parrom, and Lawrence; not working out means they become average Big East players.  When I think of Stith not working out; it means another spot on the bench and a wasted scholarship.  Despite my tone I'm praying it works out, I want to win like the next fan.  Gladly, won't have to wait very long his Northern Debut is only two months away!  

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2008, 09:29:24 PM »

I dont think that is what the drunk up in CONNU does at all.
For the longest period of time he has been recruiting 3 top 50 players a year and lets certain players go after they have played a season or two because he only has room for the best , like Wiggins and Kelly this past summer.