Anyone blocked from St Johns Twitter account

• 60 replies

sju89tr

Anyone blocked from St Johns Twitter account
« on: March 30, 2014, 09:50:08 PM »
I consider myself pretty much a very loyal and optimistic fan for the program and have traveled out of state numerous times to support the team   
I found out today I was blocked for a few comments about recruiting
Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Anyone blocked from St Johns Twitter account
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:53:12 PM »
I consider myself pretty much a very loyal and optimistic fan for the program and have traveled out of state numerous times to support the team   

I won't call anyone out but I've had a few people say that they have been. Not sure what purpose it serves.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

sju89tr

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:54:31 PM »

I won't call anyone out but I've had a few people say that they have been. Not sure what purpose it serves.
I am really in surprised and I have heard others were, why block a user when they can still tweet on #sjubb hashtag?   

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:55:26 PM by sju89tr »

Poison

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 09:54:41 PM »

No, but it's completely obvious that St.John's doesn't understand social media. It's a two way conversation, and if they don't like it, they should get off the road. Typical St.John's.

They probably had hopes of gauging fans next season for ticket prices and club memberships, but there's no way they will able pull that crap now. And where's Fratto these days? Did the battery die on his iPhone?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:58:56 PM by Poison »

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 09:56:41 PM »
Fratto is Lavin's hype man.

sju89tr

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 09:57:07 PM »

No, but it's completely obvious that St.John's doesn't understand social media. It's a two way, and if they don't like it, they should get off the road. Typical St.John's.

They probably had hopes of gauging fans next season for ticket prices and club memberships, but there's no way they will able pull that crap now. And where's Fratto these days? Did the battery die on his iPhone?

I have had a good relationship with him, that is why the program has alienated their fans and less than 1K show up to a postseason game
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:57:41 PM by sju89tr »

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 10:02:54 PM »

No, but it's completely obvious that St.John's doesn't understand social media. It's a two way conversation, and if they don't like it, they should get off the road. Typical St.John's.

I think SJU does a really great job on social media. I don't agree with all their strategies or usage but on a macro scale they're very active and very good. I think they deliver some of the best graphics across any college & sport.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »
Pathetic. The guy can't take the slightest bit of criticism and takes it upon himself to respond to all criticism.

paultzman

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 10:25:01 PM »
"Free Ted" !!!

Poison

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 10:27:15 PM »

I think SJU does a really great job on social media. I don't agree with all their strategies or usage but on a macro scale they're very active and very good. I think they deliver some of the best graphics across any college & sport.

I agree that they are active, and that they offer a variety of content, but that can get old and ugly quick if a season that's hyped to the nines turns out to be a huge disappointment. That's the part that St.John's wasn't prepared for. It's a two way conversation, and they need to be prepared to answer questions that aren't much fun to answer, because they won't stop coming because they've blocked a few people. Really, thats a cowardly reaction.

I went to the Xavier game at msg, and it was empty. At the end of the day what did all of this social media really do for us?

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 10:33:40 PM »
He also does a trick where he takes tweets, rephrases them to fit his agenda then answers them to make the original tweeter look like a fool. He's done that to some of my friends.

DFF6

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 10:41:39 PM »
"Free Ted" !!!

Love the new avatar! 

Foad

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 07:06:25 AM »

Yes.

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »
Since the school is barred from talking about any recruits before they commit, perhaps questions or comments on twitter about recruits is a potential problem area.  Just speculating.

paultzman

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 09:29:45 AM »
Since the school is barred from talking about any recruits before they commit, perhaps questions or comments on twitter about recruits is a potential problem area.  Just speculating.

Comments like Ted's are made all the time. He was not expecting a response, just voicing an opinion. Normal course, consistent with your point, is to simply not respond.  Blocking someone, who is an avid supporter of program, and has chatted with Fratto frequently is excessive in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:30:25 AM by paultzman »

Poison

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 09:52:30 AM »

Comments like Ted's are made all the time. He was not expecting a response, just voicing an opinion. Normal course, consistent with your point, is to simply not respond.  Blocking someone, who is an avid supporter of program, and has chatted with Fratto frequently is excessive in my opinion.

Excessive, stupid, and exactly what you'd expect from a delusional group of people who still think it's 1985.

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 10:31:33 AM »
MF should have been flushed post Norm. 

Marillac

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 10:42:29 AM »
Why was my post on Fratto deleted? 

Foad

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 10:48:00 AM »

Pretty sure it was irony.

mkras99

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »

I'm guessing since you quoted my post, which was also deleted.

Stand by what I said - weak move by Fratto here.  Ted's a better fan than 99% of us.