Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY

• 749 replies
Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2017, 03:14:28 PM »
Visiting UT after SJU next week per Rothstein.

Does sound like a 3 horse race.

QuanMan

« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »
He has to sign by 5/17 correct? Prayers are up!
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2017, 03:29:39 PM »
He has to sign by 5/17 correct? Prayers are up!

No
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Wods317

« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2017, 04:37:15 PM »
Visiting UT after SJU next week per Rothstein.

Does sound like a 3 horse race.

Hopefully we land him and taking visits back to back to back probably means at least we will get a relatively quick decision.

QuanMan

« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2017, 08:47:09 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/05/10/sid-wilson-visiting-uconn-st-johns/

Texas visit not set. Sunday is forecasted for heavy rain, of course its nearly perfect conditions during his UConn visit tonight and tomorrow. Lets hope that the staff is pulling out all of the stops bc we need this commit.
Section 3
Section 116

Poison

« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »

Texas visit not set. Sunday is forecasted for heavy rain, of course its nearly perfect conditions during his UConn visit tonight and tomorrow. Lets hope that the staff is pulling out all of the stops bc we need this commit.

I've seen him at St.John's games for years. He knows us well.

paultzman

« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2017, 08:58:58 PM »

Very good shot

QuanMan

« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2017, 09:06:50 PM »

He frequented Carnesecca so much two years ago you would've thought he had season tickets. Lets hope the affinity hasn't left.

We're bound for some good karma from Rays after the staff completely fell asleep at the wheel on his old running mate Isaiah Washington, Norm's staff whiffing on Ricky Torres, and Jarvis completely ignoring the biggest talent to ever come out of Rays, Julius Hodge.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2017, 09:09:06 PM »

Very good shot

Staff thinks they are in very good shape.

« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2017, 09:26:56 PM »

Very good shot

Where have we heard this before? Glad to hear it as he and Kante will make a good pair of complimentary forwards and maybe backcourt mate Briscoe will withdraw his name from the draft. Oh, wait. No offense to you guys and I am sure you have sources and that's what you've heard but I'll believe it when he steps on the court for us, makes a play that puts him in the box score. That's just the way I have been conditioned being a St. John's fan woe these many years.  :-\

« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2017, 09:35:08 PM »

Very good shot

Where have we heard this before? Glad to hear it as he and Kante will make a good pair of complimentary forwards and maybe backcourt mate Briscoe will withdraw his name from the draft. Oh, wait. No offense to you guys and I am sure you have sources and that's what you've heard but I'll believe it when he steps on the court for us, makes a play that puts him in the box score. That's just the way I have been conditioned being a St. John's fan woe these many years.  :-\

Yea so ruin it for the rest of the guys who appreciate any type of information posters such as paultz are willing pass along.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2017, 12:08:07 AM »

Very good shot

Yea so ruin it for the rest of the guys who appreciate any type of information posters such as paultz are willing pass along.
How did I do that? I stated no offense to those guys and said I'm sure that's what they heard but until things are signed sealed and delivered I won't count my chickens before they hatch. I'm sure that more than one staff feels good about all recruits but guess what, not all of them can be right. don't even know why I took the time to explain it because you are much more sensitive than I am sure Paultz or Fordham are.

SJU79

« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2017, 08:53:11 AM »
speaking only for myself I share what I hear from people I trust. Sometimes it turns out to be accurate and for a variety of reasons a lot of times I'm wrong. If this were the 80's and this board existed I guarantee I'd almost never be wrong but with so many people around these kids things are so fluid and can change in an instant.  Now I've also heard Wilson is a huge SJU lean but understand I know for a FACT Kante told people he was coming and then didn't. My unsolicited advise would be appreciate the people sharing what they know, understand we're just trying to contribute to part of a similar fan base but ultimately if we're wrong bent frustration at losing a player not anger or doubt at a poster.

paultzman

« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2017, 08:54:44 AM »
speaking only for myself I share what I hear from people I trust. Sometimes it turns out to be accurate and for a variety of reasons a lot of times I'm wrong. If this were the 80's and this board existed I guarantee I'd almost never be wrong but with so many people around these kids things are so fluid and can change in an instant.  Now I've also heard Wilson is a huge SJU lean but understand I know for a FACT Kante told people he was coming and then didn't. My unsolicited advise would be appreciate the people sharing what they know, understand we're just trying to contribute to part of a similar fan base but ultimately if we're wrong bent frustration at losing a player not anger or doubt at a poster.
+1

« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2017, 09:09:45 AM »

+1

« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2017, 09:10:21 AM »
I have a good feeling Sid is going to be popping for St. Johns sometime next week.

hnk

« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2017, 09:11:55 AM »
I agree.....just have to keep in mind.....some of the kids just want to please people (i.e. Briscoe)....some of the sources mean well but are just overly optimistic....and some people just lie.  I think whatever info guys have even if it turns out not to pan out is really appreciated.  Some kids change their mind.

goredmen

« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2017, 10:23:18 AM »

Thanks. Whoever gets angry at posters sharing info even though it turns out to be wrong because a 17 or 18 year old changed his mind is an idiot and isn't worth any attention.

Wods317

« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2017, 10:36:25 AM »
+1

Love the inside info and I get it that recruiting is fluid and changes day to day. Keep it coming guys, appreciate it!

derk

« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2017, 12:23:57 PM »

Thanks. Whoever gets angry at posters sharing info even though it turns out to be wrong because a 17 or 18 year old changed his mind is an idiot and isn't worth any attention.

Agreed. But you know what would silence some of the anger - actually winning one of these things. Or stealing one of these recruits where we were not the favorite as it went down to the wire.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 12:26:33 PM by derk »