Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA - ST. JOHN'S(Signed LOI)

• 177 replies
Re: Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »

Re: Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 03:36:40 PM »
Wow !

Welcome home Dwight

yes per zags:

Two wing players named Dwight from Indian Hills Community College in Iowa, the No. 1 junior college in the nation, both signed National Letters of Intent on Wednesday, the first day of the early signing period.

St. John’s has received a commitment from Dwight Hardy (pictured), a 6-foot-2 shooting guard out of The Bronx.

“He signed with them today, yes, he did,” Indian Hills coach Jeff Kidder said. “St John’s placed him into our program two years ago but that’s where Dwight wanted to go all along.”

A native of The Bronx, Hardy played at John F. Kennedy High in New York.

“He can really score points,” Kidder said. “He’s a tremendous shooter and scorer and he’s kind of an old- school scorer. He knows angles and is going to be a terrific fit for St. John’s the way they play.

“Dwight Hardy is a great teammate, a great student. He will have a terrific two years at St. John’s after he’s done here.”

Molloy '71

Re: Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2008, 04:03:55 PM »
Fly post on BEB

29. Dwight Hardy (Sr.) 6-1 SG John F. Kennedy – Hardy has been a one-man show this year. Scoring 40 points is just a drop in the bucket for him.

TOP STATISTICAL NEW YORK BASKETBALL PLAYERS | Updated Feb. 8, 2006

Top New York City high School Scorers:
1 devon richards (All City Leadership Academy) 521 points, 16 games
2 dwight hardy (John F. Kennedy) 470 points, 12 games = 39 PPG

http://www.insidehoops.com/nyc-basketball.shtml

Last week, R2K’s Dwight Hardy scored 54 vs Money Train.

http://www.bouncemag.com/2008/06/30/hoops-in-the-sun-orchard-beach-nyc-streetball-kenny-satterfield-cab-driver-bingo-all-stars-pr-pride-ira-miller-the-cab-driver-k1x-dwight-hardy/

The 6-3 guard splashed two more 3-pointers in the exhilarating sequence to give Indian Hills a 43-27 halftime advantage. Hardy made six 3-pointers in a row and scored 25 points first half points — nearly matching Southeastern by himself. He scored 21 of Indian Hills’ last 24 points.

http://www.ottumwa.com/localsports/local_story_059111435.html

There's always something to complain about. Last year we waited on SL and people whined about Truck Bryant. This year we sign a kid who's better than Truck Bryant and someone whines that we didn't wait until spring, when they'd whine about how we got leftovers when Norm couldn't close on the lunatic LS. A shooter in the hand is worth Lance in the bush leagues of Europe.

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2008, 04:18:13 PM »
From Indian Hills CC website.  2nd team preseason all american.  Almost three 3 pointers a game.  We could've used him this year.

"Indian Hills has a pair of sophomore guards on the list of NJCAA Division I Preseason All-Americans.  Dwight Buycks, an honorable mention All-American last year, is on the 1st team and Dwight Hardy is on the 2nd team.  Hardy averaged 18.9 points a game last year and set the school single-season record for three-pointers with 102.  Buycks averaged 17.8 points a game in his freshman campaign."
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2008, 04:31:46 PM »
From Indian Hills CC website.  2nd team preseason all american.  Almost three 3 pointers a game.  We could've used him this year.

"Indian Hills has a pair of sophomore guards on the list of NJCAA Division I Preseason All-Americans.  Dwight Buycks, an honorable mention All-American last year, is on the 1st team and Dwight Hardy is on the 2nd team.  Hardy averaged 18.9 points a game last year and set the school single-season record for three-pointers with 102.  Buycks averaged 17.8 points a game in his freshman campaign."
Sounds like a major three point threat.
Congrats to Norm for getting a zone breaker.

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »
more from Fly

Announcer Bobby Cey on reactions to PR Pride .vs. Back 2 Basics: "Corey Fisher . . . the best young player next to Dwight Hardy that I've seen this summer – [. . . ] Dwight Hardy of the Court Masters, coming off a 37 point performance last week . [...] Announcer Bobby Cey on reactions to Court Masters .vs. GNC All-Stars: "Dwight Hardy is a special player. Following a strong showing in the inaugural Hoops in the Sun spring league, the up-and-coming star continues to impress in the summer tourney. Hardy and other specialguard Eric Dunbar carried Court Masters in the first game Sunday, lifting the team past GNC All-Stars. Court Masters is a team that could easily win the chip in 2007 with their young crop of rising stars, most notably Hardy, a fierce guard that reminds me a lot of a young Allen Iverson."

http://www.hoopsinthesun.net/thegameforumwk2.htm

Playing its fourth game in four days, Indian Hills still managed one, last nail-biting run on Saturday.
This time, though, the Warriors ran out of gas. Indian Hills lost 70-63 to finish sixth in the NJCAA National Tournament.
Hardy was named to the all-tournament team after averaging over 30 points per game in the tourney.

http://www.ottumwadailycourier.com/sports/local_story_084160207.html/resources_printstory

"the point gods left in NYC -- Dwight Hardy, Jeremy Hazell, Kemba Walker -"

http://www.iconocast.com/0000000011/I7/News3.htm

NYSSWA all-state teams, 2005-06 season

Class AA

First team

G – Jonny Flynn, jr., Niagara Falls-6

G – Edgar Sosa, sr., Rice-NYC

F – Jonathan Mitchell, sr., Mt. Vernon-1

G/F – Malcolm Grant, sr., Paul Robeson-NYC

C – Curtis Kelly, sr., Rice-NYC

[...]

Fourth team

G – Taylor Battle, jr., Bishop Maginn-2

G – Dwight Hardy, sr., Bronx JFK-NYC

F – Lance Feurtado, sr., Uniondale-8

F – Kashif Pratt, sr., Rice-NYC

C – Brad Sheehan, sr., Shaker-2

[...]

Sixth team

G – Charles Jenkins, sr., Springfield Gardens-NYC

G – Sean Smith, sr., Copiague-11

F – Deandre Preaster, soph., Utica Proctor-3

F – Lance Stephenson, fr., Abraham

C- Devon Ebanks

http://www.newyorksportswriters.org/reference/boys_hoops_stars_2006.shtml

Randomhero423

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2008, 05:16:37 PM »
he's a big time scorer.  he may be able to help us out in replacing mase's scoring. 

aslong as norm doesn't see him as a pg, i like this signing..

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2008, 05:20:19 PM »
he's a big time scorer.  he may be able to help us out in replacing mase's scoring. 

aslong as norm doesn't see him as a pg, i like this signing..

at this point i have no idea why norm would consider using him as point with stith backing boothe.

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2008, 06:27:09 PM »
Big time scorer and good get. Future #1 scoring option.

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2008, 09:20:28 PM »
from all the reports this kid seems to be a great addition

sjd8886

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »
could be another hatten

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2008, 11:14:46 PM »
could be another hatten
as long as norm doesn't treat him like avery patterson.

Moose

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2008, 11:25:27 PM »
Welcome aboard Dwight.

Looking forward to seeing great reports on this year and him wearing STJ red next season.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2008, 11:31:01 PM »
I saw him play twice in H.S. & once over the summer he is a good scorer but now we have a log jam at SG

That will be 5 SG signed for 2009 I guess we are going to a 3 guard line up which is not bad in college B-Ball it may work
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2008, 12:25:47 AM »
Sorry guys I've been holding onto this info for a while didn't want to jinx anything up however this was the guy that I was hinting to and someone even guessed him in the other thread. I have very mixed emotions on this. I think Hardy is a player we can definitely use and he is definitely talented however we add another kid to the class which will now have 9 of 13 scholarship players?!?!?

I'm also a bit confused about how we go about our recruiting. We sign QR and Ty for this season and they don't appear to be better than what we currently have on our roster which is OK because depth is good and I think having a guy who is comfortable coming off the bench is great but why add more depth and bury guys we already have? I'm assuming Hardy is going to bury them and if he doesn't bury them why would you sign him at all? Its just a bit baffling to me.

All is forgiven if he is truly Marcus Hatten-esque.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2008, 12:59:36 AM »
I have never seen him play, but by the may descriptions I have heard and read, I have two words for the type of game I think he has: Sean Kilpatrick.  The ability to use angles and dominate off of screens is EXACTLY what Kilpatrick's game is all about. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

gonzalo

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2008, 02:13:36 AM »
Welcome.

Re: Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA - ST. JOHN'S(Signed LOI)
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2008, 07:50:20 AM »
Dwight and Omari, Whats that about 40 points agame. I'm very  excited ;D .  Even if either doesn't panout, I love the trend. City kids staying home.  We now know Norm can recruit the Bronx. lol.  Welcome aboard Dwight!!! 
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2008, 08:07:01 AM »
Sorry guys I've been holding onto this info for a while didn't want to jinx anything up however this was the guy that I was hinting to and someone even guessed him in the other thread. I have very mixed emotions on this. I think Hardy is a player we can definitely use and he is definitely talented however we add another kid to the class which will now have 9 of 13 scholarship players?!?!?

I'm also a bit confused about how we go about our recruiting. We sign QR and Ty for this season and they don't appear to be better than what we currently have on our roster which is OK because depth is good and I think having a guy who is comfortable coming off the bench is great but why add more depth and bury guys we already have? I'm assuming Hardy is going to bury them and if he doesn't bury them why would you sign him at all? Its just a bit baffling to me.

All is forgiven if he is truly Marcus Hatten-esque.

You said it better than me I am a bit confused
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"