Tuesday

• 71 replies

TONYD3

Re: Tuesday
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2015, 11:09:48 PM »
@Moose I feel bad for you man. I wish you could enjoy games a little bit more without worrying as much about next year. I realize it's a concern but there is a lot of talent left on the board. I still feel good about Brandon Sampson and I think if the staff can get him along with someone like KJ Walton (so under recruited) that would be a very dynamic backcourt. Tyler Dorsey is another guy who might slip through the cracks but I'd only go after him if I miss Sampson. Kobe Eubanks is a guy I'd take a chance on if I get some commits first.
How many times do I have to say I'm enjoying this year? I'd be curious if anyone gets angrier when we lose. But I will stop posting about next year. I'll pretend the rapture is coming and this year is the last year for college hoops. And then after the season I will just celebrate another year and start from scratch again :) *I'd love Kobe too but one of his handlers or coaches once replied to my tweet saying that he's not big on SJU after I asked if the OSNA connections would be strong enough.
Has Lavin ever had a team without big time talent? NO! Until that happens you have no argument. 

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2015, 11:48:38 PM »
Nova 4pt favorites

goredmen

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2015, 11:49:15 PM »
Nova 4pt favorites
Same as we were against Butler

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 12:26:33 AM »
@Moose I feel bad for you man. I wish you could enjoy games a little bit more without worrying as much about next year. I realize it's a concern but there is a lot of talent left on the board. I still feel good about Brandon Sampson and I think if the staff can get him along with someone like KJ Walton (so under recruited) that would be a very dynamic backcourt. Tyler Dorsey is another guy who might slip through the cracks but I'd only go after him if I miss Sampson. Kobe Eubanks is a guy I'd take a chance on if I get some commits first.
From today; @kobeeubanks: Here is my list of schools Georgia Oregon UConn Missouri Providence Louisville Kansas South Florida… http://t.co/IQN8TsXEB3
I'd say at this point with that list USF is even money. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 12:28:38 AM »
How many times do I have to say I'm enjoying this year? I'd be curious if anyone gets angrier when we lose. But I will stop posting about next year. I'll pretend the rapture is coming and this year is the last year for college hoops. And then after the season I will just celebrate another year and start from scratch again :) *I'd love Kobe too but one of his handlers or coaches once replied to my tweet saying that he's not big on SJU after I asked if the OSNA connections would be strong enough.
I'm friends with his prep school coach. He's a real good dude that will be an honest help to Kobe and his next step. I'm not sure of what happened but I sense some disconnect with OSNA and Eubanks. 

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 12:36:15 AM »
Has Lavin ever had a team without big time talent? NO! Until that happens you have no argument.

@TONYD3 I think Moose has some valid concerns. While this team has been very heralded the results have not matched and the future is very uncertain which has some fans filled with doubt.

It's fair.

All fans are different in the way they root for their teams. I'll compare it to the way I used to play video games. In Madden/NBA games I used to enjoy going through the off season (draft, free agency) more so than the regular season. Some fans like follow recruiting more so than the actual games.

This is for everyone...lets be mindful and respectful of everyone's viewpoint and lets try to keep all threads on topic and don't be afraid to create more threads for other areas of discussion.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:39:09 AM by Dave »

cjfish

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2015, 09:52:00 AM »
I agree with "lets enjoy the year."  This team is like a bad soap opera but fun to watch.  Lets hope the soap opera part is over.  Ive never understood the obsessing about recruiting on this board....when we are in it for a top guy and it is getting down to crunch time I am interested...following every kid from his sophomore year is insane.....get a life guys, take up golf, read a book, something...think Ill go to the gym ad beat someone at horse...

Moose

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 09:54:55 AM »
I agree with "lets enjoy the year."  This team is like a bad soap opera but fun to watch.  Lets hope the soap opera part is over.  Ive never understood the obsessing about recruiting on this board....when we are in it for a top guy and it is getting down to crunch time I am interested...following every kid from his sophomore year is insane.....get a life guys, take up golf, read a book, something...think Ill go to the gym ad beat someone at horse...

Get a life?
Um ok
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:55:36 AM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 10:03:10 AM »

@TONYD3 I think Moose has some valid concerns. While this team has been very heralded the results have not matched and the future is very uncertain which has some fans filled with doubt.

It's fair.

All fans are different in the way they root for their teams. I'll compare it to the way I used to play video games. In Madden/NBA games I used to enjoy going through the off season (draft, free agency) more so than the regular season. Some fans like follow recruiting more so than the actual games.

This is for everyone...lets be mindful and respectful of everyone's viewpoint and lets try to keep all threads on topic and don't be afraid to create more threads for other areas of discussion.

Here Here

paultzman

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 10:16:34 AM »

Get a life?
Um ok

"Gold Fish", I obviously do the most posting on potential recruits, etc. I thought some folks would enjoy that. Out of respect for your opinion, I will hence forth not post anything related to recruiting until you alert me it is ok. Now on to the task of getting a life. :)

ras

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2015, 10:17:51 AM »
You have to be concerned about recruiting. Too many players gone after this year ,and by judging by the confidence Lavin has in our backups , don't want them as our starters next year/

Moose

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2015, 10:20:08 AM »

Get a life?
Um ok

"Gold Fish", I obviously do the most posting on potential recruits, etc. I thought some folks would enjoy that. Out of respect for your opinion, I will hence forth not post anything related to recruiting until you alert me it is ok. Now on to the task of getting a life. :)

Can't post about next year. 
Can't post about sophomores.

Can I post about the Duke game or is that too far ahead?

paultzman

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2015, 10:44:12 AM »

Get a life?
Um ok

But don't make reference to a recruit like Brandon Sampson attending the game. Stick to the here and now Moose. Frankly, I am tired of your "unhappiness" and inability to focus on current season. Am done with your nonsense.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:46:25 AM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2015, 10:51:31 AM »

Get a life?
Um ok

But don't make reference to a recruit like Brandon Sampson attending the game. Stick to the here and now Moose. Frankly, I am tired of your "unhappiness" and inability to focus on current season. Am done with your nonsense.

Zing ;)

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2015, 11:03:50 AM »

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2015, 11:37:25 AM »
I can't blame the fan that doesn't give a hoot about recruiting and next year. This team has been good and fun this season, sans last two games. 15 years of crap. Can't blame you one iota for not being concerned with next year.

Can I be concerned about next year?  Since college sports are linked year to year more than any other sport and all.  Because I'm beginning to feel like I've committed a crime because I dare mention next year.  I keep hearing the enjoy this year routine.  If we can only talk about this year I'll go enjoy the season and come back in March.

Moose, you follow recruiting a lot more than I do, so you might know things that aren't common knowledge just yet.

To me we have only swung and missed on one recruit in 2015 so far. If our other targets start committing else where then I'll get more concerned about the teams future. I do agree that in year 5 the team's depth should be more balanced. I'm holding out hope that we land a few studs and a few current members step up next year.

cjfish

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2015, 12:42:38 PM »
Mea culpa boys, my balls are deservedly broken.  Just cant get into the recruit thing except when it is getting close.   

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2015, 01:24:38 PM »
Paultz and Moose - PLEASE don't stop posting about recruiting!

The future IMO is just as important as the present. This thread has been battered around at this point, but just know there are tons of us out here like me, who rely on your timely insights and updates to stay up with our recruiting.

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2015, 02:25:44 PM »

The future IMO is just as important as the present. This thread has been battered around at this point, but just know there are tons of us out here like me, who rely on your timely insights and updates to stay up with our recruiting.

Agreed. Your posts are most appreciated ! Just like mine lol

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »

Agreed. Your posts are most appreciated ! Just like mine lol
Baldi - you're supposed to be the bad ass poster who doesn't need board approval. Stick to your role  :coolsmiley: