Caracter to transfer

• 25 replies
Caracter to transfer
« on: June 17, 2008, 11:25:38 PM »
WOW WTF? Would be funny if he lands at Kentucky, or maybe IONA?  ;)

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8255674/Louisville's-Caracter-pulls-out-of-draft,-will-transfer

Louisville sophomore Derrick Caracter has withdrawn from the NBA Draft, but he won't play another game for Rick Pitino.

"He's transferring," Pitino confirmed to FOXSports.com.

The 6-foot-8, 270-pound Caracter was considered the top player in the country at a young age, but never fulfilled his potential.

He averaged 8.3 points and 4.5 rebounds per game this past season and had been suspended on multiple occasions for his inability to abide by team rules.

Pitino said that Caracter was invited to the Orlando Pre-Draft Camp, but declined the opportunity.

Re: Caracter to transfer
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 10:40:50 AM »
What a head case.

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 11:44:54 AM »
wonder where he will go.  i'd assume some small school in NJ.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:45:35 AM »
wonder where he will go.  i'd assume some small school in NJ.

St. Peters? Monmouth?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:08:30 PM »
http://blog.zagsblog.net/2008/06/18/caracter-to-transfer.aspx

The Derrick Caracter Saga continues.

The 6-foot-9 Caracter will transfer from Louisville, according to a report by Jeff Goodman of FoxSports.com.

The question is, Where will the troubled Fanwood, N.J. native end up? We know it won't be Rutgers or Seton Hall because he can't transfer within the Big East, according to league regulations (Which we think are ridiculous by the way).

Caracter is in summer school at Louisville taking two classes.

"I'm already eligible," he recently told the Louisville Courier-Journal. "This is where I want to be. This is where I want to play. I took my name out of the NBA Draft because I want to play here. I don't want to transfer.

"I'm going to talk to Coach (Rick Pitino) at the end of the month. I don't want to be anywhere else."

Caracter had hoped to stay with fellow juniors Earl Clark, Jerry Smith and Edgar Sosa, but it now appears his career will continue elsewhere.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 03:37:06 PM »
What a head case.

What a WASTE of talent... I remember when certain posters on redmen.com wanted to give Jarvis an extension based solely on the fact this kid mentioned SJU & said baldy was like a "father figure"(lol) to him when he was a freshmen in h.s..  ::) .. Good luck son.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:39:25 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 03:43:01 PM »
What a head case.

What a WASTE of talent... I remember when certain posters on redmen.com wanted to give Jarvis an extension based solely on the fact this kid mentioned SJU & said baldy was like a "father figure"(lol) to him when he was a freshmen in h.s..  ::) .. Good luck son.

Great post Oldred. Those posters are problably the same that have wet dreams of the Jarvis days of thuggery

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 08:15:57 AM »
Got this off another board, Looks like Pitino might give this kid another chance.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
That RP has given Caracter a chance to be back on the team. He's been given two options. 1: He gets a job and pays his own way to school and after getting his grades together is back on the team for the 2nd semester. Or 2: he sits out the entire year (while paying his own way) and gets a scholly next season.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 06:47:08 PM »
I've heard from a few people in the scene that Caracter would be welcomed with open arms to SJU.....St. Joes that is. They've unofficially have extended the invite.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 09:51:05 PM »
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:51:56 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 06:56:27 PM »
Coach P is pretty flip floppy on this kid. He's a total joke now. Hes in, hes out, hes in, hes out. Hey Coach, this isnt the Hokey Pokey dance.

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 10:17:09 PM »
Also I hear from a lot of people around Louisville that the players don't like Pitino.

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 08:22:57 AM »
I bet Caracter plays this year for Louisville. The first sign of a troubling loss Pitino will reinstate him

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »
I bet Caracter plays this year for Louisville. The first sign of a troubling loss Pitino will reinstate him

I dont think they have the scholi for him though. Not sure.

pmg911

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 08:49:14 AM »

if he is paying his own way for the year it will not matter...

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 09:28:02 AM »

if he is paying his own way for the year it will not matter...

True. I wonder if this ever really happens though. I dont know his background. Does he come from money?

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 06:25:21 PM »
Now supposedly Caracter is back at Louisville. What is Pitino doing over there? This is a joke and Pitino is losing respect imo

Randomhero423

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 08:43:45 PM »
i thought he was playing for oklamhoma city. lol

pmg911

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 11:16:43 AM »
Now supposedly Caracter is back at Louisville. What is Pitino doing over there? This is a joke and Pitino is losing respect imo

Pitino is trying to make a man out of kid that has obviously had no real guidance in his life...

Wasn't big Derek an Eddie Lau kid..?

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 10:28:09 AM »
yea derek was an eddie lau guy. hes the reason derek got suspended the first 3 games of his career.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap