Big East First Team

• 52 replies
Re: Big East First Team
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 10:15:51 PM »
Harrison has a reputation, even after his sophomore episode. I don't think the coaches will vote for him over Pointer.

And thats why other coaches praise him like crazy this year and the post game handshake line he is the guy they stop and talk to the most.

Did Mack hug him yesterday after he threw Stainbrook on the floor?

LoganK

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 10:21:03 PM »
Harrison has a reputation, even after his sophomore episode. I don't think the coaches will vote for him over Pointer.

And thats why other coaches praise him like crazy this year and the post game handshake line he is the guy they stop and talk to the most.

As was pointed out, they voted for him last season, why wouldn't they vote for him this season?  And the Stainbrook comment was just silly.

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 10:24:53 PM »

As was pointed out, they voted for him last season, why wouldn't they vote for him this season?  And the Stainbrook comment was just silly.

This isn't last season.

LoganK

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 10:27:05 PM »

This isn't last season.
Your initial post cited the Sophmore "episode" as the culprit for them not voting for him, but it didn't effect them last year, so what changed that makes them hate him this year?

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 10:29:47 PM »

This isn't last season.
Your initial post cited the Sophmore "episode" as the culprit for them not voting for him, but it didn't effect them last year, so what changed that makes them hate him this year?

Slim Pickens to choose from last year on this team. Pointer is the better player this year

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 10:32:18 PM »

Baldi either you didn't see D'lo "throw" stainbrook to the floor and you're just making shit up or you saw D'lo "throw" stainbrook to the floor and you're just  making shit up.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 10:35:00 PM »

Baldi either you didn't see D'lo "throw" stainbrook to the floor and you're just making shit up or you saw D'lo "throw" stainbrook to the floor and you're just  making shit up.

Stainbrook hit the court so hard his goggles fell off. Go look again at the replay. I thought that was what the refs were looking at after the buzzer. Either way, don't matter
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:35:37 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 10:41:35 PM »
Refs were looking at Stainbrook tossing Obekpa down like Vince Wolfork destroying an O-lineman.  Would have been a tech if there was any time left.

I happened to be watching the postgame and saw not only Mack hug D-Lo and whisper something in his ear, but also Stainbrook and D-Lo have a real nice exchange.

LoganK

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 10:43:46 PM »

This isn't last season.

Slim Pickens to choose from last year on this team. Pointer is the better player this year
I agree that Pointer has been better, but you cited D'lo reputation as what's preventing him.  They didn't have to select someone from SJU, they chose to.  If they choose Pointer instead of him this year, it's because he wasn't as good this year relative to the rest of the league, not because they don't like him.

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 10:44:43 PM »

Stainbrook hit the court so hard his goggles fell off. Go look again at the replay. I thought that was what the refs were looking at after the buzzer. Either way, don't matter
I watched the replay a few time as I was wondering what caused him to hit the ground so hard.  To me it looked like D'Angelo brushed by his leg and for some reason Stainbrook spun and lost his balance.  In no way did Harrison throw him to the ground! 

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 10:46:19 PM »
Refs were looking at Stainbrook tossing Obekpa down like Vince Wolfork destroying an O-lineman.  Would have been a tech if there was any time left.

I happened to be watching the postgame and saw not only Mack hug D-Lo and whisper something in his ear, but also Stainbrook and D-Lo have a real nice exchange.
So I guess you saw that elbow Obekpa threw while getting off the floor too? He got away with one when the game was tied at 59  vs Seton Hall also.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:46:58 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 10:46:38 PM »

I watched the replay a few time as I was wondering what caused him to hit the ground so hard.  To me it looked like D'Angelo brushed by his leg and for some reason Stainbrook spun and lost his balance.  In no way did Harrison throw him to the ground! 

+1

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 10:50:54 PM »

"for some reason Stainbrook spun and lost his balance "

Yes. Exactly. And his Rambis  goggles went airborne

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 10:51:02 PM »

So I guess you saw that elbow Obekpa threw while getting off the floor too? He got away with one when the game was tied at 59  vs Seton Hall also.
Regarding SH...are you talking about when he swung his elbows under the basket after a rebound or a different instance?

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 10:52:53 PM »

Regarding SH...are you talking about when he swung his elbows under the basket after a rebound or a different instance?

Yes I believe it was tied at 59. He has to control himself before it hurts us in March.

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2015, 10:59:31 PM »

So you now agree Harrison didn't throw Stainbrook to the floor?

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 11:03:18 PM »

No. I was being sarcastic. I never seen a guy do a spin so hard his goggles go flying.
It's a non issue now.

LoganK

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 11:10:11 PM »
I thought Stainbrook was acting, trying to get a foul call.
Obekpa didn't get called for that elbow, because it wasn't a foul.  The defender was on top of him, and essentially caused the elbow.  They reviewed it, and they agreed.
If I didn't know better I'd say you hate the SJU players far more than opposing coaches ;)

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 11:13:47 PM »
I thought Stainbrook was acting, trying to get a foul call.
Obekpa didn't get called for that elbow, because it wasn't a foul.  The defender was on top of him, and essentially caused the elbow.  They reviewed it, and they agreed.
If I didn't know better I'd say you hate the SJU players far more than opposing coaches ;)

No. Just observing the obvious. I did miss  the post game hugs though

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2015, 11:16:00 PM »

No. I was being sarcastic. I never seen a guy do a spin so hard his goggles go flying.
It's a non issue now.
It's only an issue because your brought it up.  I'd recommend taking your own advice and watch the replay.

His goggles went flying after his head smacked the floor.  His head smacked the floor because Harrison ran around him and brushed his leg causing him to lose his balance.

I do agree that CO needs to remain under control these next few weeks.  But that sequence against Seton Hall was not CO getting away with one as you insinuated.