Former NC State star Julius Hodge fires shots at SJU/Big East to Beasleys Father

• 13 replies
Malik Beasley's father, Michael, tweeted about his son visiting MSG and St John's.  Julius Hodge then tweeted to Beasley's father:

"@IAmMikeBeasley he's too good for that team/league. #respect"

Hodge also tweeted: "#random Steve Lavin should have added Tiny to his staff n he would of had Whitehead. That kid potentially will change Seton Hall's identity."

He also said that the Big East is now a mid-major conference.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Who's Julius Hodge?

mkras99

Who cares.

Who's Julius Hodge?

He's the guy who crapped the bed the last time SJU played NC State.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=243652599

Now he's probably tearing up to league in Ho Chi Mihn City.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Hodge

(I know you asked in jest.  I just couldn't resist the jab)

Malik Beasley's father, Michael, tweeted about his son visiting MSG and St John's.  Julius Hodge then tweeted to Beasley's father:

"@IAmMikeBeasley he's too good for that team/league. #respect"

Hodge also tweeted: "#random Steve Lavin should have added Tiny to his staff n he would of had Whitehead. That kid potentially will change Seton Hall's identity."

He also said that the Big East is now a mid-major conference.
Because Hodge's team did so great in the ACC.  Doesn't matter.  All Hodge did led to nothing.

boo3

I'm sure Beasley and his mom have no clue who Julius Hodge is....

I'm sure Beasley and his mom have no clue who Julius Hodge is....
Good one. I know who he is cuz MD owned his wolfpack all four years....

SJUFAN

He was a pretty good player for NC state. Lets not simply discount what he is saying, none of us know what position he holds in the Beasleys life. Plus, as it may pain us, Big East is a shell of its former self and until they start churning out final four bids and top 10 draft picks we are just as successful as a mid-major conference, we just have a better TV contract. 

Poison

He was a pretty good player for NC state. Lets not simply discount what he is saying, none of us know what position he holds in the Beasleys life. Plus, as it may pain us, Big East is a shell of its former self and until they start churning out final four bids and top 10 draft picks we are just as successful as a mid-major conference, we just have a better TV contract. 

Shouldn't Hodge be busy preparing for the upcoming basketball season in Myanmar? Pretty pathetic that he took this to Twitter. The whole mid major thing is a non story. We were in a high major conference for last 20 years, and we got nothing out of it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:44:46 AM by Poison »

St. John's beat Hodge in his homecoming at the Garden when NC State was Top 25.

Guess he can't let it go.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=243652599
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

That was definitely the best game St.John's played under Norm Roberts. They actually inspired some false hope following this W, and the win over Pittsburgh at MSG. At least now, our dreams are crushed in March, and not December.

That game is the first SJU game I ever attended. Winning that game is the reason why I am a fan.

Tiznow

Last I looked Big East doing better than ACC in recent top 100 recruits.  I don't follow it closely so others may prove me wrong, but as of a few of months ago ACC was behind BE in top 100 commitments.  Also, we all know the league RPI's last season were very close and as poor as the BE finished their season, the ACC had a crappy end to their season.  The people knocking the BE today are no different than people who criticized eastern hoops 35 years ago before the original smaller BE proved them wrong.  We'll see over the next five to ten years if history repeats.