Darien Williams

• 8 replies

paultzman

Darien Williams
« on: September 24, 2016, 03:05:54 PM »
Chris Mullin expects Darien Williams, coming off shoulder surgery, to be full go when practice starts next week #sjubb

lihoop

Re: Darien Williams
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 04:35:37 PM »
Nice!! we will need the depth.

MCNPA

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 08:11:39 PM »
Anything he provides is a bonus.  He's a good shooter, with good size, so at worst, he's a few fouls and a guy that maybe teams don't want to send to the line along with Mussini.  I hope he's actually healthy.  Maybe we can see a little bit of what he can do.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 09:09:41 PM »
Anything he provides is a bonus.  He's a good shooter, with good size, so at worst, he's a few fouls and a guy that maybe teams don't want to send to the line along with Mussini.  I hope he's actually healthy.  Maybe we can see a little bit of what he can do.

I don't know how any of us can evaluate what he can and can't do. If he wasn't healthy, then we basically saw a different player. It comes down to which Williams is here now? The guy who could barely move last year, or the guy who some posters believed would be an All BE player?

We've been so unlucky with injuries over the years, we're bound to get lucky at some point.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 11:40:25 PM »

I don't know how any of us can evaluate what he can and can't do. If he wasn't healthy, then we basically saw a different player. It comes down to which Williams is here now? The guy who could barely move last year, or the guy who some posters believed would be an All BE player?

We've been so unlucky with injuries over the years, we're bound to get lucky at some point.
When your down you have to gamble. This year gamble Clark the transfer from Michigan State. It is either two of last three years or two of last four years he has been sidelined with leg problems.

QuanMan

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 12:26:59 PM »
Darien could be a presence down low that we didn't expect. He could provide frontline depth, rebounding, length, versatility...this is exciting news.
Section 3
Section 116

Poison

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 12:50:55 PM »
Darien could be a presence down low that we didn't expect. He could provide frontline depth, rebounding, length, versatility...this is exciting news.

Hopefully he is, but isn't this the same news we were given last year?

paultzman

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 03:40:23 PM »

Hopefully he is, but isn't this the same news we were given last year?

Correct :)

MCNPA

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 02:21:28 PM »
I'm just happy to have him from a depth-standpoint.  He has some skill, especially shooting.  If he's healthy as our 10th or 11th man, it's still a very good thing.