Jordan coming back...

• 343 replies
Re: Jordan coming back...
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2015, 11:26:40 AM »
I have heard that books are not the issue with Sheed. The issue is whether he will buy in 100%, because the staff while recognizing his immense talent does not want to deal with all of the nonsense that went on the past two years. If he comes back, as I've said in another post, it is because the staff thinks he has and will buy in all the way.  I know he is by far our most talented returning player, but it would not shock me for the staff to part ways if they think Sheed is going to be a problem. Any real success next year will be a pleasant surprise as most accept it will take some time to get where we all want the program to be (though with a motivated Sheed, CO and others, I do think we can be pretty good next year).

If cutting bait with Sheed better have Enrriqo Pallazo kid locked up.
Mullin played with Kevin Williams in college and Sprewell in pros. I am sure he used to dealing with difficult guys. Sheed is too talented to cut loose.

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2015, 11:38:25 AM »
I agree We Are SjU.  Specifically noted earlier in this thread is that Mullin surely knows how to deal with "difficult" players, given his experiences as a player and in management.  Which is why I know our staff will make the right call here if Sheed wants to return.

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2015, 11:57:38 AM »
just got alert on my phone that sheed is coming back, don't know the source, but it wouldn't make sense for staff not to take him back with our back court depth

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2015, 12:19:13 PM »
Hope he has a drama free season next year. I don't think I could have handled a lot of the stuff he has gone through the last few seasons in regard to his family. If he can focus just on basketball I think he will have a great junior season.

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2015, 12:29:07 PM »
Hope he has a drama free season next year. I don't think I could have handled a lot of the stuff he has gone through the last few seasons in regard to his family. If he can focus just on basketball I think he will have a great junior season.

What happened in regard to family? Serious question

Wods317

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2015, 12:38:58 PM »

He's had a bunch of family issues including his aunt who he was extremely close with apparently who was murdered during the season his freshman year. His mother has also been sick apparently so kids definitely been through a lot but all the more reason to focus on bettering yourself and helping your family by getting an education and improving your draft stock.

desco80

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2015, 12:44:25 PM »
This is amazing!  Savior should be a top 3 all-conference scorer!

Oblockpa a lock to lead in blocked shots with Sir with Love gone!   ;D

If he has his head on straight he maybe the most talented and BEST guard in the BE next year. 

If he has his head on straight he maybe the most talented and BEST guard in the BE next year. 
                                                  Min        fg%       3%         ft%     Reb     Ast      Stl    to    Pts
Player B 2014-15                34.0    .474         .351      .686     5.5       7.5   2.7    4.2     15.6
Player A   2014-15                 30.7   .435     .364      .657    3.7       3.1   1.7    3.0     14.1
Player C 2014-15                    30.4    .394      .372      .813    1.7       3.6       1.1    1.3     10.1
Played D2014-15                     34.4     .421        .387      .861      4.2       3.2   1.6    1.6     16.3
Player E 2014-15                27.8           .367     .346      .746   3.9       3.5     1.4    3.3     12.0

Rysheed (player B) is no lock to be the best guard in the conference.   I know you didn't say he was, just that he could be.  But many posters are implying he's an elite player in the conference, and I don't know that he's shown that yet.  A very good one, but
I think Dunn, Archidiacano, Whitehead, and Smith-Rivera should all be better than him.  His shooting has improved, but it's still not on par with the better guards in the conference, and he's still turning the ball over too much and assisting too little. 

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2015, 12:54:36 PM »

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2015, 12:57:56 PM »

Min        fg%       3%         ft%     Reb     Ast      Stl    to    Pts
Player B 2014-15                34.0    .474         .351      .686     5.5       7.5   2.7    4.2     15.6
Player A   2014-15                 30.7   .435     .364      .657    3.7       3.1   1.7    3.0     14.1
Player C 2014-15                    30.4    .394      .372      .813    1.7       3.6       1.1    1.3     10.1
Played D2014-15                     34.4     .421        .387      .861      4.2       3.2   1.6    1.6     16.3
Player E 2014-15                27.8           .367     .346      .746   3.9       3.5     1.4    3.3     12.0

Rysheed (player B) is no lock to be the best guard in the conference.   I know you didn't say he was, just that he could be.  But many posters are implying he's an elite player in the conference, and I don't know that he's shown that yet.  A very good one, but
I think Dunn, Archidiacano, Whitehead, and Smith-Rivera should all be better than him.  His shooting has improved, but it's still not on par with the better guards in the conference, and he's still turning the ball over too much and assisting too little. 

I liked what I saw towards the end of the season with Jordan. If he returns and stops with the shenanigans, he can be 1st team all big east

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2015, 01:06:01 PM »
Agreed.  And the guys listed in the comparison post are his comp.

Poison

« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2015, 01:07:17 PM »
So Mullin is going to turn away a PG as talented and experienced as Jordan in his first year as HC? Please.

When Lavin suspended DLo he was also telling us and everyone else that this is his program. The inmates can't be running the asylum. I wasn't happy about the suspension, but at the time, we had no choice but to wait and see what kind of program Lavin would develop.

As it turns out, over the course of 5 years, it's clear that only program Lavin had control over was Norm's. Mullin can't take Rysheed back or commit to start him or give him any special treatment just because. I'm counting on him having a smarter more productive system than Lavin, but we'll see. None of know what he'll do.

Poison

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2015, 01:08:28 PM »

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2015, 01:13:26 PM »

He's had a bunch of family issues including his aunt who he was extremely close with apparently who was murdered during the season his freshman year. His mother has also been sick apparently so kids definitely been through a lot but all the more reason to focus on bettering yourself and helping your family by getting an education and improving your draft stock.

Also didn't his grandmother pass away last year?

One reason I stayed home and went to SJU was because my grandma was sick and I wanted to spend weekends with her as she was fading away.

Happy

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2015, 01:33:38 PM »
Hope this is right. But I have my doubts

Why because you have had him leaving 1200 times in the last 2 years?

Baldi has turned a major corner in terms of being right all the time now on inside info and predictions...but apparently Jordan is his kryptonite.  The kid tweeting he's staying and Baldi still cant let it go.

Seriously?  ;D

I think the logical conclusion is he wants to come back and staff has to decide what they want to do given his track record and lack of communication.

either way, staff needs to make a decision asap.  rysheed isn't going to sit out a year.  so it's either sju or draft.  and with draft deadline looming, regardless of the past, it's only fair to all parties involved. 

It's not the staff who has to make a decision.  Kid gloves are off with new staff-  If Jordan is good with that then he is in.

paultzman

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2015, 02:16:15 PM »
Hope this is right. But I have my doubts

Why because you have had him leaving 1200 times in the last 2 years?

Wise

Baldi has turned a major corner in terms of being right all the time now on inside info and predictions...but apparently Jordan is his kryptonite.  The kid tweeting he's staying and Baldi still cant let it go.

Seriously?  ;D

I think the logical conclusion is he wants to come back and staff has to decide what they want to do given his track record and lack of communication.

either way, staff needs to make a decision asap.  rysheed isn't going to sit out a year.  so it's either sju or draft.  and with draft deadline looming, regardless of the past, it's only fair to all parties involved. 

It's not the staff who has to make a decision.  Kid gloves are off with new staff-  If Jordan is good with that then he is in.

« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2015, 10:13:01 PM »
So Mullin is going to turn away a PG as talented and experienced as Jordan in his first year as HC? Please.
Agree...perhaps they want to see if his return will impact deciion by one of recruits (i.e. Sampson, Mussini)?

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2015, 11:12:59 AM »
I can see Mullin being sympathetic with players' problems but unsympathetic with anyone who is reluctant to do what is expected of him.

This is a turning point in Rysheed's career. Either he accepts discipline and prospers or he fails to and squanders his talent.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:14:44 AM by qcredman »

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2015, 12:03:45 PM »
It will be interesting to see how Mullin responds to Sheed and Obekpa the first time controversy comes around. History dictates it will again and he doesn't seem like he's going to deal with the crap that Lavin did. If he did accept them back I'm sure it was on a zero tolerance policy.

I'd be thrilled to see both of these guys back in uniform next year (I'll believe it when I see it), but would any of us really be shocked if at least one of them got kicked off the team next year at this point? Obviously I hope I'm dead wrong.

desco80

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2015, 01:06:52 PM »
I don't believe that Mullin will turn Sheed away either.   But its interesting that the school hasn't said anything, or leaked anything to the press about him returning to school.
This may not be so cut and dry.

« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2015, 01:09:09 PM »
I don't believe that Mullin will turn Sheed away either.   But its interesting that the school hasn't said anything, or leaked anything to the press about him returning to school.
This may not be so cut and dry.

Same as Lavins 5 year extension, wait for the school to acknowledge it. Doesn't matter what is said on Twitter