Keith Thomas - F - Westchester CC - ST JOHN'S

• 385 replies

Foad

Re: Keith Thomas - F - Westchester CC - ST JOHN'S
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 09:18:06 AM »
"Mushatt has referred to Thomas as his NAVY SEAL .... "St. John's is on him a lot, they're trying to keep him in New York," Mushatt explained. "Fordham is showing him a lot of love too."

Lavin referred to Malik Stith as a NAVY SEAL as well IIRC. You'd think both coaches being fond of completely inappropriate analogies would give us the inside track. Just hope we can beat out Fordham for his services. Not worried about the fact that other high major programs have given him a pass: clearly Lavin does not work well with highly rated recruits. I think it's a good idea to go outside the top 100 to find players Lavin can mold to his unique basketball vision and let other sucker programs like Florida and Kentucky deal with the headaches that come with prima donnas who need to be replaced every year because they put their own greed ahead of loyalty to the programs that are giving them a free education.

mkras99

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »
Good point.

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 09:25:44 AM »
Anybody know what the level of competition was at junior college? GG put up big numbers in JC also but we found out quickly alot of that had to do with who is was playing against.

Trone

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 09:28:23 AM »
Looks like we are also after his teammate Gio McLean - http://www.zsmart.blogspot.com/2014/04/thomas-to-visit-loyola-chicago-this.html?m=1

There is a lot to like about mclean, local kid, good from three, solid three point shooter and a very good assit to turnover ratio.  Good shooter who distributes and takes care of the ball, sounds like a nice PG to me

Trone

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 09:34:47 AM »
Anybody know what the level of competition was at junior college? GG put up big numbers in JC also but we found out quickly alot of that had to do with who is was playing against.

level of comp was very good, they went to national tournament and played some top teams

sju89tr

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 04:21:17 PM »
I like this kid a lot. Hope we get him. This is a type of kid who normally kills us as an opponent. 

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »
Why not Montero an athletic wing who hit some 3s in the highlight video unless his percentage was poor?

paultzman

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
Honorable Mention Juco All American

@JucoRecruiting: Here's a look at the @njcaa D1 Men's Basketball All American Selections: http://t.co/gTsbMJch1s
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:44:16 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 08:30:31 AM »
I think Thomas would be a good fit.

We need a rebounder

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 08:33:50 AM »
I never saw him play, but I'd take a flier on Gary Payton II.

paultzman

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 08:42:27 AM »
Fwiw, friend of mine who coached HS ball in Westchester area thinks Thomas can help us. Thomas is a strong, unselfish, skilled player who can contribute right away in his estimation. He would be my first choice of three guys recently on radar.

Poison

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 09:15:04 AM »
I think Thomas would be a good fit.

We need a rebounder

We do. Actually we need several rebounders. I look
a guy like this as a $500 limit lottery ticket. If you win, he's serviceable, big his ceiling is limited. He's not Larry Johnson. We've tried with so many juco bigs over the years, that I'm skeptical this guy can even play in our conference.

I'd love to be wrong about all of our incoming players, but I can see how we don't get destroyed inside by a frontcourt w experience, talent and polish - 3 things we'll obviously be lacking in.

Someone mentioned Lamont Middleton. If this is Lamont Middleton, he'll be a solid 2 year starter for us, and he'll be better than both Obekpa and Sampson in terms of actual production, but certainly not talent. Guys gotta play hard, and pay attention. Sampson isn't going to be playing in the league until he develops a more well rounded skill set, but his bigger problem that he doesn't pay attention.

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 09:34:36 AM »
Don't forget, the league isn't what it used to be. This could be a good signing

Poison

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2014, 10:00:10 AM »

really? can't tell if you're kidding.

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2014, 10:05:01 AM »
Looks like a solid lunch pail guy.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 10:06:45 AM »

Unfortunately, Not kidding.  What top recruit would want to come here and play against the likes of DePaul, Butler etc. when you could go higher? We must rely on guys like this now and transfers that didn't work out at better programs. Such is the way of mid Major life

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2014, 10:10:47 AM »

Unfortunately, Not kidding.  What top recruit would want to come here and play against the likes of DePaul, Butler etc. when you could go higher? We must rely on guys like this now and transfers that didn't work out at better programs. Such is the way of mid Major life

You crack me up. What league doesn't have a few bottom feeders in it?

If this kid plays hard he would be a welcome addition to our team.

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 10:14:53 AM »

You crack me up. What league doesn't have a few bottom feeders in it?

If this kid plays hard he would be a welcome addition to our team.

Next year , everyone but Villanova and maybe Seton Hall will be bottom feeders

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 10:17:20 AM »
Any league with St John's in it would have us as their bottom feeder..including the Patriot League.

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2014, 10:24:28 AM »
Any league with St John's in it would have us as their bottom feeder..including the Patriot League.

Yeah because we didn't finish 3rd last year or anything.  ::)