Wishful Thinking, Dominos on next year

• 78 replies

hnk

Wishful Thinking, Dominos on next year
« on: February 22, 2015, 03:00:50 PM »
1. Rysheed and Chris stay for another year

2 That leads to Chieck Diallo coming (a point guard and playing with two of his OSNA friends) and a top five recruiting class....

3. Lovett comes and is eligible.

4 Starting five Jordan, Lovett, twin towers of Diallo and Chris and Sampson (and that's without the 7 foot Greek kid)

5. Challenging for a 2/3 seed by mid-year and for Big East title.  Minutes from Adonis off the bench and other bench contributions from Balamou, Henderson, Stewart and other recruits....(Italy, Greece, Belgium, transfers, JUCO's)

6.Program  firmly  back in shape for long term.

7. Things are looking up.  Coach and his team deserve extensions.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:06:47 PM by hnk »

Re: Wishful Thinking, Dominos on next year
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 03:12:51 PM »
Sounds more like dreaming than wishful thinking.  :)

Wods317

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »
Yea if everything went perfect this could happen but nothing in life goes as perfectly planned. Hoping for a Big East title next year is setting yourself up for a let down. I think at best next year we are a bubble team going to March as we are now. I would sign up for that for next year and I think almost else would also with how much we are losing.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 03:17:20 PM »
In addition to #5, don't forget Alibegovic.

hnk

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 03:19:52 PM »
Absolutely correct.

cjfish

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 03:24:11 PM »
as I have said before, Jordan and CO are back unless they flunk out, neither can play pro ball anywhere worthwhile YET.  Only problem is Diallo, when you are recruiting against Kentucky it is an unlikely scenario.  All else on your list is likely, except, of course, competing for title.  Ill take competing for top 3.  WHo knows with Euro kids, including Amar, could work our very well with some luck.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 03:38:08 PM »
If the Greek kid comes here I don't think he will be coming off the bench. Dude is supposed to be a lottery pick.

hnk

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 03:58:58 PM »
I bet Diallo would like to play with his friends Balamou and Obeckpa....don't think he loves the idea of Kentucky platoon.  He loves new York and Coach Lavin.  We have a shot.  April is not that far away.

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 04:13:00 PM »
If St. John's wants him I'm pretty sure they have Lovett. I've said numerous times I'm not a big fan and think his flaws are seriously masked on his internet presence. However he does have raw potential and its a risk I'd take at this point.

Cheick loves NY and might be the best thing St. John's has going for them. He's a simple kid and as long as he's playing, which he'd obviously do here, then he'll be happy.

Greek kid isn't bad, not super polished, but true centers rarely are. He'd be a good get but I think he's kind of a long shot at playing NCAA.

I love Sampson. He's the real deal and will have a career along the lines of D-Lo. It's so disappointing Briscoe didn't commit because this truly would have been one of the best backcourts in the country day 1.

I think sprinkle in a juco, transfer, or both and program is fine for next year. Continuity is key at the head coaching position and grass isn't any greener elsewhere. Just have to accept the bad with the good and hope the bad gets better.

My sleeper recruits are Malik Ellison and KJ Walton. Malik is going to be the steal of the spring for someone and Walton is a long shot to qualify which is why he's still on the board but he's a fantastic scorer. I'm not sure what's going on with Traci Carter. I'd prefer him over Lovett but maybe there isn't mutual interest.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 04:14:28 PM »
Any word on Mussini, Dave? I think he's my favorite target from what little I've seen.

goredmen

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 04:38:40 PM »
If St. John's wants him I'm pretty sure they have Lovett. I've said numerous times I'm not a big fan and think his flaws are seriously masked on his internet presence. However he does have raw potential and its a risk I'd take at this point.

Cheick loves NY and might be the best thing St. John's has going for them. He's a simple kid and as long as he's playing, which he'd obviously do here, then he'll be happy.

Greek kid isn't bad, not super polished, but true centers rarely are. He'd be a good get but I think he's kind of a long shot at playing NCAA.

I love Sampson. He's the real deal and will have a career along the lines of D-Lo. It's so disappointing Briscoe didn't commit because this truly would have been one of the best backcourts in the country day 1.

I think sprinkle in a juco, transfer, or both and program is fine for next year. Continuity is key at the head coaching position and grass isn't any greener elsewhere. Just have to accept the bad with the good and hope the bad gets better.

My sleeper recruits are Malik Ellison and KJ Walton. Malik is going to be the steal of the spring for someone and Walton is a long shot to qualify which is why he's still on the board but he's a fantastic scorer. I'm not sure what's going on with Traci Carter. I'd prefer him over Lovett but maybe there isn't mutual interest.

So why did we get rid of Norm is continuity is key at the head coaching position? We could have hoped the bad got better with him too
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:38:58 PM by goredmen »

Wods317

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 04:52:15 PM »

So why did we get rid of Norm is continuity is key at the head coaching position? We could have hoped the bad got better with him too

Norm never finished more then one game above .500 in 6 seasons. Let's be real here, things are far from perfect under Lavin but Norm was terrible.

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 04:54:37 PM »

Norm never finished more then one game above .500 in 6 seasons. Let's be real here, things are far from perfect under Lavin but Norm was terrible.

I bet a guy like "goredmen" bitched incessantly about Norm, too. 

He'd probably complain about any coach roaming the sidelines.

ras

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 05:05:23 PM »

what JUCO s are we considering ,who can help next year?

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 08:17:20 PM »
Any word on Mussini, Dave? I think he's my favorite target from what little I've seen.

I really don't know. Not familiar with his situation at all.

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 08:18:19 PM »

what JUCO s are we considering ,who can help next year?

I know they have their eye on a few. I haven't been too dialed in on St. John's recruiting outside of big 3 this season.

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 08:34:20 PM »
The only JUCO that has been prominently mentioned on this site and the other, who remains uncommitted, is Freeman.  His profile fits the bill for exactly what we need, but Zach B tweeted out a few weeks ago that both SJU and Seton Hall "appear" to have backed off, while Rutgers remains in pursuit.  Not sure how much truth there is or what the circumstances are.

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 09:28:54 PM »
IDK why they would stop recruiting Freeman. 6'7" guy that can rebound with a decent mid-range game .Would fit as a role player off the bench on the team really nicely. Could even be a realistic starter.

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 10:15:33 PM »

I'm on the Malik train after your comments Dave. Do you think he'll grow a few more inches beyond these past few? We need the Pervis burst - lol

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 11:13:20 PM »

Are we involved with either Malik Ellison or KJ Walton?