Harrison wins Haggerty Award

• 33 replies
Re: Harrison wins Haggerty Award
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 11:54:38 AM »
That twitter tweet was from daily dose of hoops

I didn’t directly accuse you of saying it I merely was addressing the overall charge of SJU bias.

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 01:11:16 PM »
Ha you imagine how many points D-Lo would score in the MAAC with a green light?

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 01:16:14 PM »
Ha you imagine how many points D-Lo would score in the MAAC with a green light?

Probably about as much as Sean Armand

derk

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 03:46:54 PM »
congrats to Dlo!  Pretty impressive how he bounced back from last year.  Most people would've run away from adversity...he showed me something by just coming back.  Hopefully we can make a run in his senior year.
Agreed.  DLo deserves the accolade.  He's a tough competitor.  My favorite thing about DLo is how well he plays/finishes off contact.

And even better is how he initiates the contact, is able to get the defensive foul instead of an offensive foul, and finish for a 3 point play or an almost automatic 2.

Having said that he has got to learn, (as a lot of go to players have to ) when to pass the ball instead of going for the impossible shot - especially in crunch time.

TONYD3

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 03:51:51 PM »
congrats to Dlo!  Pretty impressive how he bounced back from last year.  Most people would've run away from adversity...he showed me something by just coming back.  Hopefully we can make a run in his senior year.
Agreed.  DLo deserves the accolade.  He's a tough competitor.  My favorite thing about DLo is how well he plays/finishes off contact.

And even better is how he initiates the contact, is able to get the defensive foul instead of an offensive foul, and finish for a 3 point play or an almost automatic 2.

Having said that he has got to learn, (as a lot of go to players have to ) when to pass the ball instead of going for the impossible shot - especially in crunch time.
Think he is told to shoot. Think he is told a bad shot from him is better then a better shot from some one else. That is what I would tell him id I were the coach. I think he would have taken better shots is Harkless stayed. Think he will take better shots as Jordan gets better.

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 04:12:12 PM »

To play devils advocate, Dee did try to pass in the Nova game, and Phil hesitated and was called for the travel. Game Over.

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 05:38:45 PM »

To play devils advocate, Dee did try to pass in the Nova game, and Phil hesitated and was called for the travel. Game Over.

true, good call.   I also agree with tonyd, having jordan as an option should change this, remember that pass in traffic to obekpa?  put ball in jordan's hands and let him make the decision.  if dlo gets open, get him the ball, if not drive then finish/dish

redslope

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »
Congrats to D'angelo Harrison--a combination of good B Ball performance and change in attitude has now been properly recognized and rewarded.  Keep up the good work and get this back to back.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 07:26:47 PM »
Congrats to DLO!
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 10:55:18 PM »
And now the players are not wearing ties.  Jeez...

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 11:00:21 PM »
http://origincache-frc.fbcdn.net/10249303_1427647590827185_263878895_n.jpg

Dlo looks about the same age as Lavin in that picture. Let's hope he becomes a two time winner next season!

desco80

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 10:44:59 AM »
And now the players are not wearing ties.  Jeez...

Can't even get dressed for an awards ceremony?
What is this world coming to?   It all starts at the top

DFF6

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 10:49:40 AM »
http://origincache-frc.fbcdn.net/10249303_1427647590827185_263878895_n.jpg

Dlo looks about the same age as Lavin in that picture. Let's hope he becomes a two time winner next season!

Looks like  D'lo and Lavin have been eating at Carmine's too often.