Obekpa is NOT returning

• 137 replies

Poison

Re: Obekpa is NOT returning
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2015, 11:04:24 AM »
It's funny , cause when Lavin was hired Norm got a much worse beating.. IMO , it isn't off base to blame Lavin for the depleted roster Mullin inherited, It was possible , however ,we could have had Sampson, Diallo and Poppa w Lavin, but unlikely.

Norm never got the beating he really deserved.

boo3

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 03:06:07 PM »
Ill speak for myself obviously,  but the last thing I want to read on here is how poor a job Lavin did

It's remarkable how often you express your displeasure regarding what other people find interesting and worthy of discussion. Maybe you should just shut your pie hole? Speaking for myself obviously but the last thing I for one am interested in reading about is you telling other people they did a poor job of finding something to talk about that you find entertaining.

Thanks for your thoughts.  I couldn't care less what you are interested in. 

jr49

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2015, 04:16:56 PM »
didn't realize there were rumors...

Zach Braziller @NYPost_Brazille
The St. John's program is different now. Real accountability and demands. Tough adjustment for some. #sjubb

Zach Braziller @NYPost_Brazille
Source on Chris Obekpa rumors: He's still in program, in midst of internship at moment. Could that change? Possibly. #sjubb

Someone on Redmen.com mentioned something a few hours ago about Obekpa not returning.  I'd rather wait for all the details come in.
He swears CO got his release letter today.

Going to be a tough season but I would rather get rid of these guys and maybe take it on the chin this year. Jordan and CO have been selfish since day 1. Mullin was willing to let them come back and prove their worth but it seems neither has done so. Talented players but not up to par with this new regime.

I agree, they have been selfish and undisciplined since Day 1. 
WIth that said, I hope CO comes back, I'd like to see him succeed here.

And I know half the board will roll their eyes, but at what point does the former coach get blamed for bringing in so many question marks?
And don't tell me it happens at every program.   Some of this happens at every program.   But not all of it.    There was a reason Jay Wright didn't recruit Rysheed who was a 5star stud in his backyard.
There was a reason some of the big schools weren't red hot about Chris.   
Steve had to have them or show 2 years of nothing. After year one all moves were made based on it's this or nothing.

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2015, 05:47:02 PM »
Bottom line is w/o both RJ and CO, next year is going to be a fresh start with growing pains.  One year with or without CO isn't going to matter too much for the long term, so that's why I'm just looking at the new players.

Problem is that if we really suck next year it might be tough to convince the studs we are pursuing to come to SJU. Every handler, parent, coach will be watching this program under Mullin. And IMO if you don't win the studs aren't coming. Hope I'm wrong and every turns out for the best.

That's why it's important they get some kids to commit this summer and fall.
If he Mullin has some prime recruits already locked up for next year, everyone will let it slide when his team of leftovers is struggling in December.

Do you really think the studs are going to commit this summer and fall to SJU? I don't see that happening.

Foad

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »
Ill speak for myself obviously,  but the last thing I want to read on here is how poor a job Lavin did

It's remarkable how often you express your displeasure regarding what other people find interesting and worthy of discussion. Maybe you should just shut your pie hole? Speaking for myself obviously but the last thing I for one am interested in reading about is you telling other people they did a poor job of finding something to talk about that you find entertaining.

Thanks for your thoughts.  I couldn't care less what you are interested in. 

Exactly dopey. You're not interested in what I'm not interested in. And I'm not interested in what you're not interested in. And I'll wager you that Desco (inter alia) is not interested in what you're not interested in. Which is why your posts telling Desco that you're not interested in what he's interested in are so stupid, boring, and lame: because they're not interesting.

The only explanation for you're behavior is that you're interested in being uninteresting. I find your interest in being uninteresting interesting and would encourage you to post about it if only you could care less about what I find interesting. Too bad, I think we were really approaching a breakthrough.

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2015, 01:12:28 PM »
Foad having an attack of Yossarianitis.

boo3

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2015, 03:39:32 PM »
 Great stuff.  Happy Father's Day.  Special visitation hours?

paultzman

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 12:54:43 PM »
Adios very shortly

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 01:02:37 PM »
Adios very shortly

can you or anyone share what exactly triggered his departure?  weed? classes?

QuanMan

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 01:56:45 PM »
Hope Slice is on the next flight to Athens.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 02:28:20 PM »
Thanx for the info paultzman.  Let me get one thing straight my man.  You're saying we're losing obekpa and not to get too excited about the prospects of getting papa. Who is gonna play for us in the frontcourt? Hopefully there are some names out there that are only privy to the likes of paultzman but I don't care if you get maverick Rowan and mussini.........we absolutely won't be competitive with a starting 4/5 of alibegelvich and Christian jones. 

sju89tr

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2015, 02:39:36 PM »
Thanx for the info paultzman.  Let me get one thing straight my man.  You're saying we're losing obekpa and not to get too excited about the prospects of getting papa. Who is gonna play for us in the frontcourt? Hopefully there are some names out there that are only privy to the likes of paultzman but I don't care if you get maverick Rowan and mussini.........we absolutely won't be competitive with a starting 4/5 of alibegelvich and Christian jones. 

Lets hope Sima qualifies and maybe hit two of the fifth year seniors to give you some minutes 

paultzman

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2015, 02:55:52 PM »
Or hopefully they surprise on PaPa G. just not seeing it, but did not think they would get Rowan visit either. :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:57:55 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 04:35:27 PM »

Darien Williams and Sima
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 05:21:53 PM »
Obekpa on Instagram:

"BLOOD.SWEAT.TEARS Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave but not our heart. #STJBB"

http://iconosquare.com/p/1013235321217333480_21620621

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 06:08:52 PM »
Obekpa on Instagram:

"BLOOD.SWEAT.TEARS Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave but not our heart. #STJBB"

http://iconosquare.com/p/1013235321217333480_21620621

I used to talk that way back in the days that I smoked hash and pot.

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2015, 03:16:55 PM »
I guess it's now official.... 

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  47s47 seconds ago
BREAKING: St. John's big man Chris Obekpa will transfer, per release. One year of eligibility remaining. #sjubb

boo3

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2015, 03:16:58 PM »
Gone.    Transferring.

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2015, 03:19:17 PM »
Bye Chris. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Mullin's Team, Mullin's Rules. You don't wanna be here, bye.

Time to bring in some grade A recruits and make a statement about kids who wanna play winning ball

wpc77

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2015, 03:21:51 PM »
PUFF PUFF, GIVE!  Chris you messin up the rotation!

Bet Felix isn't long for SJU right now either.