Obekpa is NOT returning

• 137 replies

boo3

Re: Obekpa is NOT returning
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2015, 03:24:10 PM »
Not shedding any tears, but damn, this team is gonna suck next year.   

I have zero positive expectations.  I feel good about 2-3 years down road.  Lets see how patient everyone is.  Patience was a dirty word under last regime.

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2015, 03:29:51 PM »

I have zero positive expectations.  I feel good about 2-3 years down road.  Lets see how patient everyone is.  Patience was a dirty word under last regime.

I feel optimistic down the road (I see some things I currently like).  I just hope we can land some kids from the '16 class early.  It can help with recruiting momentum.  I'd hate to lose any momentum during the season, as there is a chance we could certainly struggle.  That could possibly make the job harder for our staff.

This staff will also have to build up an entirely new roster, similarly to Lavin.  I hope some folks don't go ape shite when or if this staff take some chances, in order to win in another year or two, instead of four or five.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 03:30:33 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2015, 03:36:39 PM »
Staff is already takin "chances" with lovett and sima eligibility wise.  Better pray they both workout

paultzman

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2015, 03:38:58 PM »
Agree we have to be patient.  This will take a few years & we do need to convert all these visits from talented kids to commitments. I am confident the staff can do it, but this won't be an overnight fix.

sju89tr

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2015, 03:45:04 PM »
PUFF PUFF, GIVE!  Chris you messin up the rotation!

Bet Felix isn't long for SJU right now either.

Felix isn't going anywhere. He's a different kid and will work hard to get minutes. 

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »
A commit from a big fish would sure help my confidence quite a bit at this point.

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »
Smart move. Good luck to him. Grasso on the phone?

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2015, 04:00:32 PM »

Whats suck though? 15 wins? or less then 10?  I dont think we will be awful. If we get a shade of luck regarding eligibility and we get Rowan and/or Mussini I think we would be very competitive.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2015, 04:05:51 PM »

Patience was lost year 4-5 when recruiting dried up.

sju89tr

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2015, 04:07:43 PM »
Lets hope for .500 overall and about 6 wins in Big East. As long as the team plays hard and we get a glimpse of what is to come system wise when we have the right players then all is good for me

paultzman

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2015, 04:13:44 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Chris Obekpa bolting St. John's. #sjubb http://t.co/L51vxiWSqK

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Chris Obekpa bolting St. John's. #sjubb http://t.co/L51vxiWSqK
Great advertisement for the prospective landing spot for CO-lacks discipline and blanches at being held accountable.

Foad

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2015, 04:51:18 PM »
Great advertisement for the prospective landing spot for CO-lacks discipline and blanches at being held accountable.

"Obekpa didn’t want to be part of Chris Mullin’s program, in part because of the different manner in which it is being run, with stricter rules, more discipline and everyone being held accountable. "

I don't often LOL, but I LOL'ed. If I was a bit more agile I'd have ROFL'ed.

Let's read the sub text.

"Obekpa wanted to be part of Steve Lavin's program, in part because of the manner in which it was run, with few rules, little discipline and no one being held accountable for anything."

paultzman

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2015, 04:51:41 PM »
@GregLogan1: #ChrisMullin effectively has cleaned house @StJohnsBBall w/transfer of #ChrisObekpa: http://t.co/eDzY433C8G. Disciplined approach in force.

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2015, 07:57:14 AM »
Obekpa should go the NAIA route where he can play right away.  That is, if he plans to stay in college.  Otherwise, check out overseas opportunities.  Waiting around one year when your talent is to block shots and nothing else makes no sense.

It was his way or the highway.  Enjoy the highway.

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2015, 08:13:20 AM »
VCU?

derk

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2015, 02:50:24 PM »
VCU?

Can't see this guy getting any better with a years layoff. And the reason is he didn't want to work hard to better himself. What a pussy.

desco80

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2015, 03:33:19 PM »
IMO, it has nothing to do with wanting to work hard or not.   Chris kept putting his hand out looking for something.  Same situation last off-season.

pmg911

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2015, 11:36:10 AM »
IMO, it has nothing to do with wanting to work hard or not.   Chris kept putting his hand out looking for something.  Same situation last off-season.

Winna Winna Chicken Dinna

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2015, 11:51:18 AM »

Winna Winna Chicken Dinna

He got something handed to him. Walking papers