Can we beat Duke?

• 31 replies
Re: Can we beat Duke?
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 02:12:35 PM »
This is the only game on our schedule that I thought, from the beginning of the year, was unwinnable.  Okafor is as fundamentally sound a big man as I can recall seeing as a freshman.  So many guys would have to have an off night for us to pull this one out.  Hope we shock the world!

They shocked everyone a few years ago when they upset Duke, but this years Duke team is a lot more athletic.

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 03:25:04 PM »
Can't fear Duke. Just gotta know that you're a damn good team as well, and take a backseat to no one.
Look them in the eye and go punch for punch.
Play that relentless defense.

I think CO and Joey will have to play alot together, Joey must be a presense. Rebound and block shot, and anything extra is gravy.
He still has a month to improve

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2014, 03:08:34 PM »
Santa delivered  Duke/SJU, Iona/Niagara doubleheader tickets to Baldi this Christmas. Section 107

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2014, 03:29:42 PM »
Santa delivered Duke/SJU, Iona/Niagara doubleheader tickets to Baldi this Christmas. Section 107

Whats the headliner? 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2014, 03:31:48 PM »
Santa delivered Duke/SJU, Iona/Niagara doubleheader tickets to Baldi this Christmas. Section 107

A gift good as that makes up for 10 years worth of socks and ties.  Don't you just love it when they get it perfectly right?

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »
Whats the headliner?
STJohns vs Duke, JV game

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »
from around 12mins to 6mins left of duke ncstate game have been really ugly for duke.  i don't think they could play any worse than that.  turnovers by the guards, big men playing soft, leaving guys unguarded under the basket.  hopefully we get some of that when they come to msg

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 03:17:18 PM »
I'm worried about beating providence this week before I can even think about Duke because if we dont get 2 wins this week the duke game might be irrelevant

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 03:18:20 PM »
I'm worried about beating providence this week before I can even think about Duke because if we dont get 2 wins this week the duke game might be irrelevant
Smart man MJ

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 03:28:39 PM »
Smart man MJ
I thought we weren't allowed to think about next year, but next week also out of bounds?

and within no time they go on an 11-0 run capped by a quinn cook 3 (followed immediately by a coach k time out).  cook is a really good player
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 03:32:30 PM by apesNapes »

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2015, 03:41:26 PM »
Smart man MJ
I thought we weren't allowed to think about next year, but next week also out of bounds?

and within no time they go on an 11-0 run capped by a quinn cook 3 (followed immediately by a coach k time out).  cook is a really good player
I forgot completely about Cook. What year is he ?

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2015, 04:10:29 PM »
Smart man MJ

I forgot completely about Cook. What year is he ?
senior. nice four year player, not a superstar on that team, but shoots it well, can take it to the basket, looks to pass, doesn't turn it over too much. offensively he does everything well at this level