LJ Figueroa Transfers

• 138 replies
Re: LJ Figueroa Transfers
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2020, 03:53:51 PM »
I'm happy for LJ this is a really good landing spot. He should see a lot of success there.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Foad

« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2020, 04:26:43 PM »
Foad—you are usually good with this kind of stuff.....do you think when he spoke of “circumstances out of his control” he tried to come back and staff said no....you usually have good insight, when interpreting quotes- any thoughts?

He had a relationship with the former staff, all of whom are gone: the assistant who recruited him and the two HOF'ers who mentored him and optimized his skills. He inherited a system that does not flatter his talents and a staff that seemingly does not care whether it does or not.

Johnny23

« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2020, 06:29:20 PM »
LJ doesn't have to be the guy out there. That's when he's at his best. I would think there will be more waivers approved this upcoming season with the NCAA being sensitive covid but this is the NCAA we're talking about.

« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2020, 10:11:21 PM »
He had a relationship with the former staff, all of whom are gone: the assistant who recruited him and the two HOF'ers who mentored him and optimized his skills. He inherited a system that does not flatter his talents and a staff that seemingly does not care whether it does or not.

Thanks

Poison

« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2020, 11:40:57 PM »
I'm happy for LJ this is a really good landing spot. He should see a lot of success there.

Shouldn’t he just go straight to that low level European league he’s going to end up in anyway?

« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2020, 01:18:08 AM »
Shouldn’t he just go straight to that low level European league he’s going to end up in anyway?

Why shit on the kid?

College ball is an experience. Oregon athletic facilities and student life is far superior to anything here. He didn't commit to Mike Anderson. He didn't gel into his system and there wasn't a connection there. Pretty simple.

Now other guys have a chance to step up. Vince Cole is up. Will he be as good as LJ?

Poison

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2020, 09:57:13 AM »
Why shit on the kid?

College ball is an experience. Oregon athletic facilities and student life is far superior to anything here. He didn't commit to Mike Anderson. He didn't gel into his system and there wasn't a connection there. Pretty simple.

Now other guys have a chance to step up. Vince Cole is up. Will he be as good as LJ?

He’s not going to all of the sudden become as quick as an NBA player. He’s not getting any younger. Why go to Oregon at all? Just start chucking in Europe.

Foad

« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2020, 03:08:22 PM »

Poison

« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2020, 07:14:04 PM »

TONYD3

« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2020, 11:38:07 AM »
Another mullin quitter. Shocking. For those of you who mentioned systems, hysterical. You nice persons couldn’t explain the difference between St. jean’s offense and Anderson’s.

ras

« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2020, 04:24:53 PM »
No idea

You make a very compelling argument for Oregon LOL.

jr49

« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2020, 09:10:14 PM »
If a player wants to play hard and fast Andersons system will be fine. I can see a great shooter who needs plays run for him might feel left out. Some would sprint down court and get a pass in the corner and knock it down. What does LJ need to be flattered.

« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2020, 09:18:05 PM »
He’s not going to all of the sudden become as quick as an NBA player. He’s not getting any younger. Why go to Oregon at all? Just start chucking in Europe.

Why not? Maybe he wants to compete for national championship?

Poison

« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2020, 09:38:04 PM »

Because it’s one less year of making a living playing basketball.

« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2020, 11:32:33 PM »

Tariq certainly did.  Were you as happy for him as you were for LJ?  I wish the kid well, but as a fan I certainly hoped we would have found out in March if he was going to leave.

« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2020, 09:35:53 AM »
For those of you who mentioned systems, hysterical. You nice persons couldn’t explain the difference between St. jean’s offense and Anderson’s.

I agree that I can't see the difference in offense, but I sure as hell can see the difference in the defense.

That, plus a coach that never has had a losing record in conferences like the SEC is good enough to jump on the train for a couple stops. 

I would like to see some commitments soon. Just saw a C reclassify to 2020 and go to Louisville, and we were in the mix....let's snag some commits CMA.

Marillac

« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2020, 06:35:53 PM »
Another mullin quitter. Shocking. For those of you who mentioned systems, hysterical. You nice persons couldn’t explain the difference between St. jean’s offense and Anderson’s.

Anderson didn't have a half court offensive system last season.  Maybe that's different this season with two PGs.

« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2020, 09:56:12 PM »
Tariq certainly did.  Were you as happy for him as you were for LJ?  I wish the kid well, but as a fan I certainly hoped we would have found out in March if he was going to leave.

I was more upset about Tariq because we really needed him. If he stayed were were definitely at worse a sweet 16 team. There is a lot of personal things about Tariq that this move made sense for him that I wasn't aware at the time but in the end I am happy it worked out for him.

Poison

« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2020, 08:05:52 AM »
Anderson didn't have a half court offensive system last season.  Maybe that's different this season with two PGs.

With Rutherford and Dunn in the backcourt, there’s no half court system, because neither of them could throw it in the ocean.