LJ Figueroa Transfers

• 138 replies
Re: LJ Figueroa Transfers
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2020, 08:32:11 PM »
I thought Earlington, Williams and Roberts were like BFF's etc.

chance Williams gets his degree after this season and then bolts ?

Pretty sure he is not talking about Earlington when referring to someone whose name starts with a "M" and ends with a "N".  And you are right that looking at social media those Earlington, Williams and Roberts are like the 3 amigos.

Obviously don't know any insider information, but what Dave hints re: Williams surprises me because his Dad is very vocal on Twitter about being a fan of CMA.

QuanMan

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2020, 08:51:55 PM »
Starts with M and ends with N.

Didn't get along. A lot of other players aren't exactly fond of him either but they also don't have many options to play on this level and get playing time. I think if they did Roberts and Williams were gone. I also think that's why you saw Williams get a bump in minutes towards end of last year because he was very close to bouncing.

Dave- You disappoint this fan base on a weekly basis. You're using this unfortunate circumstance to bash this coaching staff who have done nothing but breathe structure, discipline, order and maturity into the program in one short year. Keep your ridiculous rumors about kids on this roster to yourself, this isn't a High School hallway. We're trying to build a program, you're not going to tear it down and get your BFF back from Nebraska on gossip chit chat, those days are over.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2020, 08:57:23 PM »
Dave- You disappoint this fan base on a weekly basis. You're using this unfortunate circumstance to bash this coaching staff who have done nothing but breathe structure, discipline, order and maturity into the program in one short year. Keep your ridiculous rumors about kids on this roster to yourself, this isn't a High School hallway. We're trying to build a program, you're not going to tear it down and get your BFF back from Nebraska on gossip chit chat, those days are over.

If I could like this +100000 I would....it’s old act and tiring. “Told you so”

Pissed LJ left it is what it is now time for the guys to step up and if he wants to come back I will open him with arms wide open but otherwise hope we can fill it with a sold 15/20min a game guy who can play ball hawk in your face defense and give us 5/7 point per game

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2020, 09:05:13 PM »

His Dad is an attorney. He knows how to play the role. He never once said anything negative about the prior staff either. He's not going to spill secrets on social media. Leave that to past players families.

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2020, 09:13:26 PM »

Is it bashing or telling the truth?

When you don't like the message it doesn't mean it's not true.

There have been multiple defections under this staff. It is a personality conflict between staff and players. I don't think Dave is responsible for this.

Heron was another unhappy guy.

Two recruiting classes that haven't cracked the top 75 in the country. 2021 doesn't look promising either.

I hope Anderson shuts all his critics up. I really do.

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2020, 09:26:41 PM »
And the recruiting classes before these who had top 50/25 players in them and top transfers didn’t produce that much either 0 tourney wins and 0 big East semi finals appearances so there isn’t a big difference
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 09:33:47 PM by talkbigeast »

Poison

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2020, 09:28:58 PM »
Is it bashing or telling the truth?

When you don't like the message it doesn't mean it's not true.

There have been multiple defections under this staff. It is a personality conflict between staff and players. I don't think Dave is responsible for this.

Heron was another unhappy guy.

Two recruiting classes that haven't cracked the top 75 in the country. 2021 doesn't look promising either.

I hope Anderson shuts all his critics up. I really do.

This staff has only lost one of their own guys. Sears. That’s it.

They’ve added a 4 star NYC point guard. A juco AA, A juco PF, a solid grad transfer and a promising two guard. What’s the difference between this class and a dozen others we’ve had over the years?

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2020, 09:34:52 PM »

They’ve added a 4 star NYC point guard. A juco AA, A juco PF, a solid grad transfer and a promising two guard. What’s the difference between this class and a dozen others we’ve had over the years?

+1
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2020, 10:20:10 PM »

Weren't you saying that Mullin lost Obpeka and Jordan?  Same logic could be applied here. I know it's been one year. That's why I said it's a personality conflict between coach and players. These guys weren't recruited by this staff.

You choose to look at it the recruiting as half full. That's fine. Posh had plenty of time to take a leap in the rankings this year. He never did. I think he will be solid. He is a 3 star. I don't make the rankings. All things considered the class is ranked 77 nationally.

The problem is that we're just going to be a middle of the pack program under this staff unless they start getting better kids. Only so much diamonds in the rough can do.

Poison

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2020, 10:41:09 PM »
Weren't you saying that Mullin lost Obpeka and Jordan?  Same logic could be applied here. I know it's been one year. That's why I said it's a personality conflict between coach and players. These guys weren't recruited by this staff.

You choose to look at it the recruiting as half full. That's fine. Posh had plenty of time to take a leap in the rankings this year. He never did. I think he will be solid. He is a 3 star. I don't make the rankings. All things considered the class is ranked 77 nationally.

The problem is that we're just going to be a middle of the pack program under this staff unless they start getting better kids. Only so much diamonds in the rough can do.

Fair points. I agree that Anderson losing LJ and Mullin losing Obekpa and Jordan are comparable.

Losing players is to be expected when a new coach takes over. Mullin routinely lost his own players. If things begin to take a turn in that direction, then I’d be concerned.

It’s a fair point, and one I’ve acknowledged before that Anderson has not landed highly ranked recruits like coaches like Steve Lavin did, and Chris Mullin did twice in 4 years.

That said, it is possible to win without top ranked recruits. We could run a program like Dayton, where we develop talent, and it improves enough to compensate for what some guy with an iPad thought about him when he was 16.

« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2020, 11:02:34 PM »
And the recruiting classes before these who had top 50/25 players in them and top transfers didn’t produce that much either 0 tourney wins and 0 big East semi finals appearances so there isn’t a big difference
Tourney wins and Big East semi finals appearances are not realistic measures.

For those keeping score at home - it's the Legend 1 CFC 0.

« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2020, 11:24:36 PM »

The whole bashing and Nebraska thing is getting old. If you want to ignore facts that's your choice. I've given credit to the staff in this very thread so I really don't understand the bashing theme.

Anderson is a good coach and has brought some positive elements to the team but the culture shift from Mullin to him is a big shift. Some of that shift is positive and some of it is negative.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2020, 11:35:05 PM »
Dave -what would be an example negative culture shift brought by Anderson?

All I've seen is someone who tries to lead by example, has ground rules, stresses academics, conditioning, effort, integrity etc.

Is this a perceived negative by players who just don't subscribe to a disciplined program philosophy or is there a real example you can cited that is a negative culture Anderson has brought?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 11:36:19 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2020, 11:47:16 PM »

All I've seen is someone who tries to lead by example, has ground rules, stresses academics, conditioning, effort, integrity etc.

Is this a perceived negative by players who just don't subscribe to a disciplined program philosophy or is there a real example you can cited that is a negative culture Anderson has brought?
Dave thinks it is a negative culture shift to not to let kids get away with murder ie. starts with an S and ends with an S.

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2020, 11:55:35 PM »

Look I think Anderson is a good coach who runs a good program. His style is very contrasting to Mullin which is definitely a shock for players who were already on the roster.

Anderson is very set in his ways and I'd almost compare his situation with Tom Coughlin. There is no denying he's a fantastic coach but today's player might not respond immediately, as well, or at all with his style. If St. John's didn't hire Anderson he'd be retired.

If guys don't buy in to what Anderson wants to do he should run them out because you can't have guys half in, half out no matter how talented they are. He will definitely have a better chance with players he brings in vs preexisting rostered players. I said LJ didn't buy in. I think that's partly on player and partly on coach.

He needs to do a better job of getting guys to buy in and embracing players. Can't treat juniors and seniors like they are unaccomplished freshman. Respect is a 2 way street.

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2020, 11:59:03 PM »
I don't get why some of you guys get so defensive. It's ok to discuss, debate, and disagree. If you have an opinion on something doesn't mean you are one side of the fence or the other. We're all rooting for the program.

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2020, 12:58:36 AM »
Stayed away from this site for some time, run by a clown

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2020, 12:58:58 AM »
Back over to the real site..enjoy

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2020, 02:17:23 AM »
I don't get why some of you guys get so defensive. It's ok to discuss, debate, and disagree. If you have an opinion on something doesn't mean you are one side of the fence or the other. We're all rooting for the program.

Most of these guys don't get it. They can't relate to a younger generation. They also have invested so much of their time online into proping up Mike Anderson that it kills them when there is negative info out there.

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2020, 02:20:25 AM »
I'm curious if anyone knows if Mike Anderson was in consideration for any job opening after he was fired? Also, what are the parameters of his contract?

It's hilarious to see some of these guys get so bent out of a shape over someone that called the school ST. JAMES on several occasions.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:21:20 AM by Redy2Rumble »