Sir'Dom heading to Cavs D-League

• 18 replies

paultzman

Sir'Dom heading to Cavs D-League
« on: August 31, 2015, 11:21:18 AM »
@ChrisBHaynes: #Cavs second-round draft pick headed to team's D-League affiliate http://t.co/epVsf7LlVV

jr49

Re: Sir'Dom heading to Cavs D-League
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 01:21:00 PM »
Can Sir be the Kings Pippin?

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 01:22:32 PM »
Suck they won't allow him to attend training camp with the Cavs , so he can train with the big boys and get a head start when they invite him next year. I just don't get the logic sometimes of these GMs.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 01:32:36 PM »
Better opportunity for Dom to get minutes and reps instead of rotting at end of the bench.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

SJUFAN

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 03:03:48 PM »
Suck they won't allow him to attend training camp with the Cavs , so he can train with the big boys and get a head start when they invite him next year. I just don't get the logic sometimes of these GMs.

The logic? How about he isn't good enough. Can't play the four in the NBA.

TONYD3

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 04:09:40 PM »
I love Dom. I kind of hope he goes to Europe and makes a ton of money. Don't think he will ever get a chance in NBA.

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »

Why can't he play the 4 if 6-6 D.Green Played the 5 in the Finals and was putting up triple doubles. 

And I never said. Sir Dom should make the roster , just got to the  training Camp  invite. They inivited  Q.Cook from Duke who went undrated .  A camp invited to train with LBJ and then send him down to Caton would only help.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:03:16 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »

Why can't he play the 4 if 6-6 D.Green Played the 5 in the Finals and was putting up triple doubles. 

And I never said. Sir Dom should make the roster , just got to the  training Camp  invite. They inivited  Q.Cook from Duke who went undrated .  A camp invited to train with LBJ and then send him down to Caton would only help.

Cook didn't play for their summer league team. I think he's going there for more of a tryout to see if he is capable replacement for Delladova who is expiring.

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 09:29:22 PM »

I was gonna make the same connection with Green. The league is getting smaller and smaller.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 09:42:17 PM »
This is why it's probably better to be undrafted than taken in the 2nd round.  Jakarr got to pick his team and picked the perfect one where Dom got drafted by a team favorite to win the East.  Reality for Dom is if he doesn't get out of there soon, he'll never make it. 

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 09:49:00 PM »
Dom would make a great nfl tight end

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 10:45:31 PM »
This is why it's probably better to be undrafted than taken in the 2nd round.  Jakarr got to pick his team and picked the perfect one where Dom got drafted by a team favorite to win the East.  Reality for Dom is if he doesn't get out of there soon, he'll never make it. 

I actually think Cavs are a good fit for Dom. Doesn't need to score and lock down. Shumpert ahead of him is the road block.

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 07:29:11 PM »
The reason he's going to DLeague camp is because if he goes to NBA camp and doesnt make the team the Cavs could lose him to another team. Getting Dom to go to the DLeague for now lets them keep him and if they need to call him up they can. Smart move, clearly they like Dom.

QuanMan

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 10:46:45 PM »
By agreeing to a DLeague contract, Dom is virtually agreeing to becoming a farmhand for the Cavs franchise. Tristan Thompson's inevitable extension coupled with the resigning of JR now leaves their roster at 14 guaranteed contracts. With one spot remaining, it was wise for both sides to mutually agree here. As injuries and specific needs compile when the season wears on, I'm sure Dom will be driving from Canton to Cleveland once or twice this season. This particular reporter chose to look at the negative side of things, but personally I'd sign up to be a developed Cavalier as they chase a ring over a overseas contract. Dom is a valued asset within Cleveland's front office, they wouldn't of drafted him otherwise.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/31/report-second-rounder-sirdominic-pointer-wont-sign-with-cavaliers/
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 11:23:19 PM »
The reason he's going to DLeague camp is because if he goes to NBA camp and doesnt make the team the Cavs could lose him to another team. Getting Dom to go to the DLeague for now lets them keep him and if they need to call him up they can. Smart move, clearly they like Dom.

Thanks didn't know that , so can he be called up? Or is he stuck in the D-League for the year?

ras

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 10:57:34 AM »
[/q

Thanks didn't know that , so can he be called up? Or is he stuck in the D-League for the year?
Its a smart move for Cleveland. Dont know if its a smart move for Dom.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:59:30 AM by ras »

SJUFAN

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 10:58:15 AM »

I was gonna make the same connection with Green. The league is getting smaller and smaller.

It's not just the height, but also the weight. Green is 6-7/230, while Dom is 6-5 /190. That's a big difference. He could get away with it as a senior in college, but in the NBA he's going up against grown men. Dom needs to play the wing position.

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 11:02:52 AM »

It's not just the height, but also the weight. Green is 6-7/230, while Dom is 6-5 /190. That's a big difference. He could get away with it as a senior in college, but in the NBA he's going up against grown men. Dom needs to play the wing position.

Dont think there is anyway dom only ways 190 lbs, honestly.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 12:37:25 AM »

Yes he should be able to be called up say if an injury or such happens to someone. I'm sure they would like to keep him in Canton the entire year though and develop him.