Rothstein on Johnnies

• 12 replies

paultzman

Rothstein on Johnnies
« on: September 08, 2015, 05:20:14 PM »
@JonRothstein: This season looks like a bridge year 4 St. John's, but competing for a spot in the middle of the Big East looks realistic in 16-17. #sjubb

@JonRothstein: For St. John's fans wondering about Marcus LoVett -- think a left handed Marcus Hatten. Kid gets buckets. Really gifted scoring PG. #sjubb

@JonRothstein: Federico Mussini resembles a WCC type point guard that is a pain in the neck to play against in the NCAA Tournament. High IQ. Savvy. #sjubb

paultzman

Re: Rothstein on Johnnies
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »

@JonRothstein: The biggest thing that stands out about St. John's down the line? Freakish length up front. Yakwe/Williams/Owens/Sima all 6-7 + up. #sjubb

@JonRothstein: St. John's is the mystery team in the Big East. Red Storm likely won't have a starter that played college basketball last year. #sjubb

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 05:44:10 PM »
Cmon Rothstein, bring something to the table. This is all old news

Moose

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 05:46:40 PM »
Rothstein taking my player comparisons.............
Remember who broke the Slice news

Foad

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 06:11:34 PM »
Cmon Rothstein, bring something to the table. This is all old news

The only thing rothstein brings to the table is a napkin. For wiping his chin.

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 07:27:56 PM »
Marcus Hatten himself chimes in, saying hell be good and would love to teach him some things. Cool to see

@JonRothstein: For St. John's fans wondering about Marcus LoVett -- think a left handed Marcus Hatten. Kid gets buckets. Really gifted scoring PG. #sjubb

Adam Walker Joseph ‏@AdamwBroseph 2h2 hours ago
Love this tweet. Moe Hatten is my all time favorite johnnie. What a legend!

marcus hatten ‏@MoeHatten 2h2 hours ago
@AdamwBroseph @JonRothstein he's going to be really good.. I'll be there to watch him

John McCutcheon ‏@johntmc24 2h2 hours ago
@MoeHatten @AdamwBroseph @JonRothstein no better player for Lovett to learn from.

marcus hatten ‏@MoeHatten 2h2 hours ago
@johntmc24 @AdamwBroseph @JonRothstein would love to give him some pointers
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:28:10 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:07 PM »
Rothstein is talking to a national audience. I really don't see any issue with anything he said.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 10:10:53 PM »
Rothstein is talking to a national audience. I really don't see any issue with anything he said.

Zero issue.

I laugh when I see tweets referring to him as "Fraudstein" as if he owes SJU fans anything.  Or better yet he pronounces SJU will struggle  and fans gasp.  Uh go look at all of the pre-season polls magazines etc SJU will be picked at or near the bottom by every non -partisan prognosticator, period.

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 10:15:01 PM »

Zero issue.

I laugh when I see tweets referring to him as "Fraudstein" as if he owes SJU fans anything.  Or better yet he pronounces SJU will struggle  and fans gasp.  Uh go look at all of the pre-season polls magazines etc SJU will be picked at or near the bottom by every non -partisan prognosticator, period.

I have low expectations this year. But if we are going to lose, I'd rather get lumped...not lose by 8 to Rutgers. Play against the best, let the kids get hungry

Tha Kid

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 09:10:14 AM »

Zero issue.

I have low expectations this year. But if we are going to lose, I'd rather get lumped...not lose by 8 to Rutgers. Play against the best, let the kids get hungry

You are bizarre Baldi.  If we are going to lose, I hope we lose by one every time.  Show the kids fight to the end and are in games they are not supposed to be in.  Why the F would you ever hope we get lumped?  You are hungrier when you see a big juicy steak RIGHT in front of you that you cant have, not when you are playing ball at the playground with no food within arms reach.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:10:49 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 09:19:04 AM »

Zero issue.

You are bizarre Baldi.  If we are going to lose, I hope we lose by one every time.  Show the kids fight to the end and are in games they are not supposed to be in.  Why the F would you ever hope we get lumped?  You are hungrier when you see a big juicy steak RIGHT in front of you that you cant have, not when you are playing ball at the playground with no food within arms reach.

Exactly. We should want to be Duke, not Rutgers. Play against the best and you get better

Tha Kid

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 09:19:50 AM »

Zero issue.

Exactly. We should want to be Duke, not Rutgers. Play against the best and you get better

Got it - I misunderstood.  Thought you meant get lumped versus play close, not get lumped vs. top competition vs. play cupcakes.  I agree w you.
"I drink and I know things"

Wods317

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »
I actually think our schedule is pretty good this year. There's no need to go out and play an impossible schedule with all freshman and transfers who have never played together. I see what your saying but getting a few wins won't hurt them and next year when the team is more ready I think you will see a more difficult road for them.