Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO - BAYLOR

• 263 replies
Re: Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2012, 11:54:53 PM »
To be honest i'd rather have Jordan, Martin or Lawrence. I wish him luck though, seems like a good guy.

MCNPA

« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2012, 12:40:59 AM »
Really thought we had him.  I certainly prefer Lawrence and Martin imply because of their height, but always thought that Wainright was more likely.  Good luck to him.  Next...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:51:09 AM by MCNPA »

Poison

« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2012, 01:02:26 AM »
I'm sure he's a very good but it's hard to get too upset over losing a SF when we already have several of them.

« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2012, 01:14:53 AM »
I'm sure he's a very good but it's hard to get too upset over losing a SF when we already have several of them.

Its the only reason why Im not taking it too hard. He's going to be really good though. Has that Kawhi Leonard feel to him. Extreme length for his size.

If we get Jordan, I'm good with this class. He's a really good prospect. 1 and done potential imo.

Poison

« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2012, 02:04:32 AM »

Its the only reason why Im not taking it too hard. He's going to be really good though. Has that Kawhi Leonard feel to him. Extreme length for his size.

If we get Jordan, I'm good with this class. He's a really good prospect. 1 and done potential imo.

I would like to us add a 6'11 center. I don't care if he's not a McD's AA. Let him learn.

« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2012, 06:27:34 AM »
Always thought he was a STJ lean. Wasn't he supposed to finish off his visits with us this weekend? Baylor strikes again...

Re: Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO - BAYLOR
« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2012, 08:16:42 AM »
I'm just as surprised as anyone here.

Out of the 4, i thought we had the best shot with him.

« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2012, 08:25:24 AM »
I'm just as surprised as anyone here.

Out of the 4, i thought we had the best shot with him.

Agreed I am floored by this a little.  Not that we cannot overcome it but just because as you said of the 4 if I was a betting man I would have said he was the one most likely to sign with SJU.

« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2012, 08:40:41 AM »
Interesting since SJU is a Catholic school but apparently religion and "Christian atmosphere" were big reasons why he chose Baylor:

The 2013 6-foot-6 small forward out of Montrose Christian (MD), by way of Kansas City, gave a verbal commitment to Baylor.

"The Christian atmosphere and school separated it from everywhere else," he told Rivals.com. "My father, Calvin, and mother, Mary, are both very religious and my mother is a minister. We felt very comfortable with it in that regard."

"The staff is great and it is close to home. My family sat down and spoke about it and was all for it."

http://recruitscoop.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1424333

paultzman

« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2012, 08:56:13 AM »
Interesting since SJU is a Catholic school but apparently religion and "Christian atmosphere" were big reasons why he chose Baylor:

The 2013 6-foot-6 small forward out of Montrose Christian (MD), by way of Kansas City, gave a verbal commitment to Baylor.

"The Christian atmosphere and school separated it from everywhere else," he told Rivals.com. "My father, Calvin, and mother, Mary, are both very religious and my mother is a minister. We felt very comfortable with it in that regard."

"The staff is great and it is close to home. My family sat down and spoke about it and was all for it."

Baylor built on strong spiritual base.

http://www.baylor.edu/student_life/?_buref=661-48570

« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2012, 09:03:35 AM »

Baylor built on strong spiritual base.

http://www.baylor.edu/student_life/?_buref=661-48570

Oh I absolutely know about Baylor but I just found it ironic that maybe if he had visited SJU and found out about the Catholic tradition here he may have been swayed by that as well.

« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2012, 09:48:35 AM »
oh well, next. Trust Lavs has a plan a b and c for the ships for next yr.

kjd01067

« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »
Would have liked Wainwright, but as people have already stated, I prefer a PF/C in this class as opposed to a SF.

sju89tr

« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »
We didn't need Ish, but I thought we had him. Oh well, it's going to be tough to get Jordan and Martin. Got to put full court press on Lawrence. I assume 2 ships but we probably need to get involved with a few other kids.

« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2012, 10:23:27 AM »
We need to go on the Providence board and see who they are sure they are getting.  He's probably ours.  ;D

Chilleb

« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2012, 11:44:35 AM »
More room for Lawrence/ Martin & Jordan

Chilleb

« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2012, 11:46:22 AM »
Wainwright is just as coveted as pointer was when he was coming out, we don't need him we have dom

« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »
I would have loved to have him. I had a good feeling about him, much better feeling than I have with the other often mentioned recruits.  I'm sure Lav will have another great recruiting year regardless.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »
We didn't need Ish, but I thought we had him. Oh well, it's going to be tough to get Jordan and Martin. Got to put full court press on Lawrence. I assume 2 ships but we probably need to get involved with a few other kids.

Think you're right Ted.   No reason to panic, but getting Jordan, Martin and Jermaine will be tough.    Wouldn't be surprised if we open our net a little wider just to protect ourselves.   

MCNPA

« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2012, 02:51:31 PM »

Think you're right Ted.   No reason to panic, but getting Jordan, Martin and Jermaine will be tough.    Wouldn't be surprised if we open our net a little wider just to protect ourselves.

I don't think we'll land all 3 but IMO, we don't have to.  I'd love to just land Rysheed Jordan right now and all the rest falls into place.  Jordan is a big timer and we need a kid like that at guard.  Jordan is explosive and different from guards we currently have.  IMO, he's the biggest need.  Land Jordan and the rest is gravy. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:52:09 PM by MCNPA »