Around Big East

• 3954 replies

Poison

Re: around the big east
« Reply #300 on: January 18, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
We all new Syracuse would not have done this on their own.  I dont think this school will get away with things in the ACC.  They will be treated much differently once they get there.  They may as well get used to this.

Also, wasn't OSU screwed by the NCAA over tutors doing the papers for basketball players?

Florida State is a terrible school. They're in the ACC. How does the ACC tolerate them?

paultzman

« Reply #301 on: January 19, 2013, 12:59:21 PM »
UConn down 13 to Pitt at half. They seem to be coming back to earth after solid early season start.

« Reply #302 on: January 19, 2013, 07:02:34 PM »
Cuse goes into Louisville and gets the win.  We still have a ways to go before we will be anointed New York's team. Sticky fingers ( Michael Carter) Williams had a big game. As much as I despise the Cuse, am not fan of Ricky either.

paultzman

« Reply #303 on: January 19, 2013, 07:23:19 PM »
Cuse goes into Louisville and gets the win.  We still have a ways to go before we will be anointed New York's team. Sticky fingers ( Michael Carter) Williams had a big game. As much as I despise the Cuse, am not fan of Ricky either.

“@SethDavisHoops: Saw clip of Pitino's press conference. Told reporters to ask his players hard questions because he was "pissed off." Practice should be fun!”

« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2013, 07:37:09 PM »

“@SethDavisHoops: Saw clip of Pitino's press conference. Told reporters to ask his players hard questions because he was "pissed off." Practice should be fun!”

Put it this way I am glad SJU is not next on Louisville's schedule.   Someone is going to pay for that loss.

Up 1 with the ball less then a minute and Siva makes a bad pass turns into a layup for Cuse.

« Reply #305 on: January 19, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »

Put it this way I am glad SJU is not next on Louisville's schedule.   Someone is going to pay for that loss.

Up 1 with the ball less then a minute and Siva makes a bad pass turns into a layup for Cuse.

Russ smith didnt touch the ball in any of the key possessions late. Tough one to lose at home. BIG win for cuse.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #306 on: January 19, 2013, 08:03:44 PM »
FWIW, standings looking better;

“@gregauman: Last-second heave from midcourt misses, and USF gets 61-58 win over Georgetown. First Big East win of season for Bulls.”

« Reply #307 on: January 19, 2013, 08:41:57 PM »
Interesting thing to watch so far in BE is how many road wins have accumulated so far.

The only two teams not have a home loss yet are the two teams not to yet lose in league Marquette and Syracuse.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:43:06 PM by fordham96 »

MCNPA

« Reply #308 on: January 19, 2013, 09:01:51 PM »
Interesting thing to watch so far in BE is how many road wins have accumulated so far.

The only two teams not have a home loss yet are the two teams not to yet lose in league Marquette and Syracuse.

Marquette 1 point down vs Cincy late right now.  Might be their first loss, but time to go yet...

MCNPA

« Reply #309 on: January 19, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »

Marquette 1 point down vs Cincy late right now.  Might be their first loss, but time to go yet...

Looks like it will be OT.  Fantastic game..

desco80

« Reply #310 on: January 19, 2013, 09:42:27 PM »
Terrible call here on the rebound by Marquette.  Definitely a foul on Cincinnati

« Reply #311 on: January 19, 2013, 09:44:41 PM »
At what point does Jay Wright update his resume?

desco80

« Reply #312 on: January 19, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »
Aaaannd that was definitely a travel on that in bound!   And if it wasn't a travel then it should be a jump ball.
Wow Buzz is going to lose it

« Reply #313 on: January 19, 2013, 09:47:40 PM »
In the "old news " category.........  In today's blowout loss to Wyoming, Dwayne Pollee played for 12 minutes and ad no points, was 0 for 2 , no boards etc.  Too bad, if the kid had stayed, he may have been a solid contributor here at this point.  I guess the grass is always greener on the West coast?

paultzman

« Reply #314 on: January 19, 2013, 09:52:10 PM »
“@PaintTouches: Runner from Kilpatrick, missed runner by Cadougan and Cincinnati escapes with a 71-69 win. Tough one to take for #mubb. More to come”

« Reply #315 on: January 19, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »
In the "old news " category.........  In today's blowout loss to Wyoming, Dwayne Pollee played for 12 minutes and ad no points, was 0 for 2 , no boards etc.  Too bad, if the kid had stayed, he may have been a solid contributor here at this point.  I guess the grass is always greener on the West coast?
Would have thought the same thing a while ago Linda but his lack of contribution in what is his redshirt sophomore year makes me wonder if that is truly the case. :-\

paultzman

« Reply #316 on: January 19, 2013, 10:01:57 PM »
ND over Rutgers by 3

MCNPA

« Reply #317 on: January 19, 2013, 10:03:16 PM »
ND over Rutgers by 3

We need to beat Rutgers this Wednesday.  Split with them is important.

« Reply #318 on: January 19, 2013, 10:06:17 PM »
ND over Rutgers by 3

Completely agree.  We need to establish ourselves as the area's top dog.  ND barely beat RU showing that either the Irish are vastly overated, ND's football players played in the game or Manti's girlfriend was in the stands. ;D

MCNPA

« Reply #319 on: January 19, 2013, 10:09:56 PM »
ND over Rutgers by 3

Completely agree.  We need to establish ourselves as the area's top dog.  ND barely beat RU showing that either the Irish are vastly overated, ND's football players played in the game or Manti's girlfriend was in the stands. ;D

The league is so wide open this year, we win a few more games and can be at the top of the league.  Time to shine