Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: around the big east
« Reply #480 on: January 31, 2013, 07:58:16 PM »
“@NeillOstrout: #UConn 33, PC 32 at the half. Huskies squandered nearly all of that 15-point lead by the half.”

Council rallied team after sitting out ten minutes. Boatright of UConn seems to be struggling with knee problem. UConn  has no interior presence and rebounds poorly. All in all, I like our chances against them at MSG next week. If Boatright continues to struggle, I like us even better.

Agree, I think were a better team than UCANT
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #481 on: January 31, 2013, 08:20:59 PM »
“@NeillOstrout: #UConn 33, PC 32 at the half. Huskies squandered nearly all of that 15-point lead by the half.”

Council rallied team after sitting out ten minutes. Boatright of UConn seems to be struggling with knee problem. UConn  has no interior presence and rebounds poorly. All in all, I like our chances against them at MSG next week. If Boatright continues to struggle, I like us even better.
Good call "Billy". Our most winable game of the next 4.

« Reply #482 on: January 31, 2013, 09:04:59 PM »
Uconn 69 PC 69  to OT

MCNPA

« Reply #483 on: January 31, 2013, 09:23:01 PM »
I hope Uconn wins.  I want to play them when they have confidence and some wins under their belt. 

paultzman

« Reply #484 on: January 31, 2013, 09:33:54 PM »
UConn wins by 3 in OT.

« Reply #485 on: January 31, 2013, 09:36:40 PM »
PC is not that far off.  They have a nice base of talent and with Austin and presumably Ledo next year they should be ready to go to the NIT.

DePaul is making some strides as well.  They are not elite obviously but they are slowly getting better.

Moose

« Reply #486 on: January 31, 2013, 09:42:41 PM »
PC is not that far off.  They have a nice base of talent and with Austin and presumably Ledo next year they should be ready to go to the NIT.

DePaul is making some strides as well.  They are not elite obviously but they are slowly getting better.

You really think Ledo stays?
Bad year for the draft put him over the top to leave.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #487 on: January 31, 2013, 09:51:23 PM »
I think PC will be tough to beat this year too.  They have some nice talent both in backcourt and frontcourt.  Still glad Uconn won though.  I want to play them at the Garden when they are "up".

« Reply #488 on: January 31, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »

50/50 but even without him they got a nice core, Dunn is going to be a really good BE point guard.

Moose

« Reply #489 on: January 31, 2013, 11:35:47 PM »

50/50 but even without him they got a nice core, Dunn is going to be a really good BE point guard.

Hasn't Dunn under performed to date. Based on his high accolades
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #490 on: January 31, 2013, 11:59:37 PM »

Hasn't Dunn under performed to date. Based on his high accolades

A little raw but his potential is off the charts

« Reply #491 on: February 01, 2013, 12:03:47 AM »
No way Ledo plays next year.  And I thought they lose Council as well?  Austin, on the other hand, seems like a real nice player from what I've read.

paultzman

« Reply #492 on: February 01, 2013, 08:44:26 AM »
Young  or not, Cooley's team this year has too often gotten into a big hole early, fought back, but fallen short in the end. I question his strategic ability, but know he is trying to resurrect a dormant program. BTW, Sidiki played a lot last game but DNP last night? IMO, just a matter of time before he transfers to Iona. Ha!

paultzman

« Reply #493 on: February 01, 2013, 09:09:31 AM »
7. St. John’s. The Red Storm could catapult up these rankings in a week. St. John’s has won five in a row, showing a streak of consistency few in this league can match. The catch? The Red Storm have feasted on the bottom of the standings (with the exception of Notre Dame) to get out on that run. I want to see how St. John’s does in upcoming games against Georgetown and Connecticut.

“@eamonnbrennan: Conference Power Rankings: Big East http://t.co/FzdYMrJV

sju89tr

« Reply #494 on: February 01, 2013, 09:21:19 AM »
7. St. John’s. The Red Storm could catapult up these rankings in a week. St. John’s has won five in a row, showing a streak of consistency few in this league can match. The catch? The Red Storm have feasted on the bottom of the standings (with the exception of Notre Dame) to get out on that run. I want to see how St. John’s does in upcoming games against Georgetown and Connecticut.

Entirely agree with that statement.

Georgetown is vulnerable if we can tire them out. They still outsize us without Whittington but we are a different team than 3 weeks ago. We will see if staff can put together a strong gameplan and the team can play at a hostile arena.

I don't expect a repeat of a 7 point performance from Harrison with 3-12 shooting and 0-5 from 3 point. 

NYCoffey

« Reply #495 on: February 01, 2013, 09:44:41 AM »
Young  or not, Cooley's team this year has too often gotten into a big hole early, fought back, but fallen short in the end. I question his strategic ability, but know he is trying to resurrect a dormant program. BTW, Sidiki played a lot last game but DNP last night? IMO, just a matter of time before he transfers to Iona. Ha!

I just looked at the box score and Providence out rebounded UCONN 55 to 24. Its tough to lose a game where you have so many more opportunities than the other team.

tnice

« Reply #496 on: February 01, 2013, 09:45:47 AM »

Entirely agree with that statement.

Georgetown is vulnerable if we can tire them out. They still outsize us without Whittington but we are a different team than 3 weeks ago. We will see if staff can put together a strong gameplan and the team can play at a hostile arena.

I don't expect a repeat of a 7 point performance from Harrison with 3-12 shooting and 0-5 from 3 point. 

What you can expect is for G'Town to do what they did last time...flat out double DLo almost every time he touches the ball within 25 feet and force somebody else to beat them. Not only did DLo have a bad game that day, Amir was 0-7, Jakarr was 5-14, and PG4 was 0-4. That cant happen again. It will be interesting to see how we adjust and if DLo can stay patient and take advantage of the double.

« Reply #497 on: February 01, 2013, 12:13:56 PM »
It will be interesting to see if Lavin adjusts unlike Looie who never adjusted to Gtown hence 3 loses in 4 tries in '85

« Reply #498 on: February 01, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »
It will be interesting to see if Lavin adjusts unlike Looie who never adjusted to Gtown hence 3 loses in 4 tries in '85

Sometimes it is not so much about adjustments but about the fact that one team is just flat better then the other.

« Reply #499 on: February 01, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »