Around Big East

• 3954 replies

Moose

Re: around the big east
« Reply #860 on: March 10, 2013, 02:42:49 PM »
STJ fans were voters hence the Harrison snub

Got a real bad feel that Archipoddamus gets ROY.  Just with the black cloud over the program just my gut feeling.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #861 on: March 10, 2013, 02:51:32 PM »

Got a real bad feel that Archipoddamus gets ROY.  Just with the black cloud over the program just my gut feeling.

Disagree. Wouldn't that be inconsistent with JS winning lion share of weekly awards?

Moose

« Reply #862 on: March 10, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »

Disagree. Wouldn't that be inconsistent with JS winning lion share of weekly awards?

Not saying I think it makes sense.  Just got a real bad feeling about it.

paultzman

« Reply #863 on: March 10, 2013, 03:01:56 PM »

Doomed man?

Moose

« Reply #864 on: March 10, 2013, 03:02:15 PM »

Doomed man?

A day in the life of a STJ fan.

paultzman

« Reply #865 on: March 10, 2013, 03:03:11 PM »
BTW, Moose cheer up and watch Carrington "slash" on MSG!

Moose

« Reply #866 on: March 10, 2013, 03:04:54 PM »

I think that channel is only on Cablevision.  I don't have Cablevision

paultzman

« Reply #867 on: March 10, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »

I think that channel is only on Cablevision.  I don't have Cablevision

“@NYPost_Brazille: Full house of college coaches. Tony Chiles (St. John's), Van Macon (Rutgers) Allen Griffin (Dayton), Tom Pecora and John Morton (Fordham).”

Lavs hopefully shows.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:07:18 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #868 on: March 10, 2013, 04:03:15 PM »
So Lavin has had 4 all rookie players the last 2 years ?

Nice

Assuming we have the remaining 3 for next year it could be a special year even after what we have gone through this year

That is correct.  And it is even more impressive then that.  Assuming Sampson wins ROY he will have back to back ROY and both his ROY's were honored on all league teams as well.  I believe Mo was 2nd team and JaKarr honorable mention.

Furthermore there is little doubt that Harrison would have been recognized this year if not for the suspension. 

Poison

« Reply #869 on: March 10, 2013, 04:13:18 PM »
No respect for Harrison.

BE awards are not just about stats. He has to carry himself like a player his team can count on. He didn't do that. His suspension ruined this season. W him, we probably beat Providence and Marquette.

Didn't deserve honorable mention?

IDK. It wasn't an honorable finish to the season.

« Reply #870 on: March 10, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »
RA best not get roy over Karr.

Dont think that will happen...Jakarr won 7 rookie of the week awards and can't see coaches voting him honorable mention All BE and not ROY 

« Reply #871 on: March 10, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »
Let's not forget also, that Harrison was shooting about 39% and 32% from 3. Not really that impressive. Overall, not even counting the suspension, I think this was a pretty disappointing season for D-lo.

paultzman

« Reply #872 on: March 10, 2013, 06:43:02 PM »
Let's not forget also, that Harrison was shooting about 39% and 32% from 3. Not really that impressive. Overall, not even counting the suspension, I think this was a pretty disappointing season for D-lo.

Would you want him on this offensively challenged team at all? IMO, he and Branch would do nice things together. Too bad Branch got hurt and we had to take a step back. BTW, I want him on my team.

Moose

« Reply #873 on: March 10, 2013, 06:46:45 PM »

Yet the 39% was better than the 37% of last year.

« Reply #874 on: March 10, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »

Would you want him on this offensively challenged team at all? IMO, he and Branch would do nice things together. Too bad Branch got hurt and we had to take a step back. BTW, I want him on my team.

Yes, of course I want him on the team. We need a scorer like him. I think we win against Providence and Marquette had he not been suspended. But I had hoped his FG% would be much better this year with a deeper team. I think he should've gotten honorable mention, but I can also understand why he was left off.

Poison

« Reply #875 on: March 11, 2013, 10:01:47 AM »

Why would you have a "real bad" feeling about this? Why do you even care who wins ROY? We are still headed to the NIT or the CBI regardless.

DFF6

« Reply #876 on: March 11, 2013, 10:25:54 AM »

Why would you have a "real bad" feeling about this? Why do you even care who wins ROY? We are still headed to the NIT or the CBI regardless.

I would think back-to-back ROY's brings good PR for Lavin and the program on the recruiting trail, and given it's a safe assumption that JS's win would not be the catalyst for pushing him into the draft this year, it would be nothing but a positive for the program.

paultzman

« Reply #877 on: March 11, 2013, 10:32:32 AM »

But how could the "youngest team" in the galaxy not benefit?

Poison

« Reply #878 on: March 11, 2013, 10:44:25 AM »

But how could the "youngest team" in the galaxy not benefit?

It would be something to brag about. That's for certain. Well, I suppose it would be nice to win SOMETHING.

paultzman

« Reply #879 on: March 11, 2013, 11:09:36 AM »
“@BigEastMBB: Providence's Kadeem Batts and Syracuse's Michael Carter-Williams named BIG EAST Most Improved Players.”

“@BigEastMBB: Marquette's Davante Gardner (11.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, .577 FG%) wins the BIG EAST Sixth Man Award”

“@BigEastMBB: Louisville's Gorgui Dieng (10.3 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 2.6 bpg) named BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year.”