Re: around the big east
« Reply #940 on: March 15, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
Lesser teams? You're in those C tournaments because you are a lesser team

Yea, but Mullin went here. Jackson too.

Ya and Looie coached here

Moose

« Reply #941 on: March 15, 2013, 10:34:54 PM »
“@BrendanPrunty: Rutgers will not participate in either the CBI or CIT. The Scarlet Knights' 2012-13 season is officially over.”

Smart move.

Why do you think that's a smart move?

I'm not a fan of either of those two tournaments.  It cheapens the post season.  With 330 teams in D1 the NIT is nice for the next group of schools to get some work in.  Still a respectable number of teams.  The other two are a joke to me.

Even if you look at it just as a way for your team to get some extra work?

Yep.  Not learning much playing vs. teams that far down on the ladder IMO.  Pretty sure you can still work the team out.  Rather focus on that.

I'm okay w guys like Branch, Jones, Balamou, Obekpa etc. working on their games against lesser teams. If this is what we've earned, then we should take our medicine like men. We have no right to expect an NIT bid. We didn't earn it.

I never said anything about expecting an NIT bid.  If you don't get picked you don't get picked.  Move on.  That's my opinion.  Everyone has one.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #942 on: March 15, 2013, 10:37:37 PM »
“@BrendanPrunty: Rutgers will not participate in either the CBI or CIT. The Scarlet Knights' 2012-13 season is officially over.”

Smart move.

I'm not a fan of either of those two tournaments.  It cheapens the post season.  With 330 teams in D1 the NIT is nice for the next group of schools to get some work in.  Still a respectable number of teams.  The other two are a joke to me.

Yep.  Not learning much playing vs. teams that far down on the ladder IMO.  Pretty sure you can still work the team out.  Rather focus on that.

I'm okay w guys like Branch, Jones, Balamou, Obekpa etc. working on their games against lesser teams. If this is what we've earned, then we should take our medicine like men. We have no right to expect an NIT bid. We didn't earn it.

I never said anything about expecting an NIT bid.  If you don't get picked you don't get picked.  Move on.  That's my opinion.  Everyone has one.

I didn't say you expected it. I think it's the nature of the University to pull that sense of entitlement crap. Norm got an NIT bid that he had no business getting.

« Reply #943 on: March 15, 2013, 11:32:45 PM »

Smart move.

Unless the rules have changed, I'm pretty sure you can't practice as a team once the season is over. If I remember correctly, only 3 players can run drills with one coach at a time. By accepting any post-season tournament you can run a normal practice.

Moose

« Reply #944 on: March 15, 2013, 11:44:29 PM »

Smart move.

Unless the rules have changed, I'm pretty sure you can't practice as a team once the season is over. If I remember correctly, only 3 players can run drills with one coach at a time. By accepting any post-season tournament you can run a normal practice.

Thought you could run thru Final Four.  You might be right though I'm nowhere near certain.

Besides we don't need full practice.  Lock them in a gym shooting till their arms fall off.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:45:01 PM by Moose »

« Reply #945 on: March 16, 2013, 12:03:56 AM »

Smart move.

I was bored, so I looked it up:

17.3.4 End of Playing Season. A member institution’s last contest (game or scrimmage or postseason tournament
contest) with outside competition in basketball shall not be played after the respective Division I Basketball
Championship game. However, an institution may not continue to practice (or compete against outside
competition) in basketball beyond its last regular-season contest, including the conference championship (if any),
unless it has reason to believe it is under consideration for selection to participate in an NCAA championship or
other postseason national championship event. An institution not selected to participate in the championship or
an institution that loses in the championship may not continue to practice until the conclusion of the championship
event.

I think I was wrong with the 3 player drills with a coach though. I'm pretty sure Lav would accept any post-season invite just to get more time with these kids, which IMO they need. 

Moose

« Reply #946 on: March 16, 2013, 12:06:20 AM »

Smart move.

17.3.4 End of Playing Season. A member institution’s last contest (game or scrimmage or postseason tournament
contest) with outside competition in basketball shall not be played after the respective Division I Basketball
Championship game. However, an institution may not continue to practice (or compete against outside
competition) in basketball beyond its last regular-season contest, including the conference championship (if any),
unless it has reason to believe it is under consideration for selection to participate in an NCAA championship or
other postseason national championship event. An institution not selected to participate in the championship or
an institution that loses in the championship may not continue to practice until the conclusion of the championship
event.

I think I was wrong with the 3 player drills with a coach though. I'm pretty sure Lav would accept any post-season invite just to get more time with these kids, which IMO they need. 

Thanks

Poison

« Reply #947 on: March 16, 2013, 12:14:28 AM »

Smart move.

event.

They all need practice. Staff included.

desco80

« Reply #948 on: March 16, 2013, 08:51:42 AM »

Smart move.

event.

Good stuff '75, thanks for the research. 

desco80

« Reply #949 on: March 16, 2013, 08:52:58 AM »

Smart move.

event.

They all need practice. Staff included.

;D.  +1

« Reply #950 on: March 16, 2013, 02:53:30 PM »

Smart move.

Don't you have to pay to play in those tournaments?

Moose

« Reply #951 on: March 16, 2013, 03:19:59 PM »

Smart move.

Don't you have to pay to play in those tournaments?

Someone said to host games you do.  To go on the road, no

Moose

« Reply #952 on: March 16, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
If anyone knows someone at the game tonight please let me know.

I will pay them to smack Sean McDonough in the back of the head.

« Reply #953 on: March 16, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »

D Lo

« Reply #954 on: March 16, 2013, 09:26:36 PM »

Don't like him in general or did he say something tonight?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #955 on: March 16, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »

D Lo

Dom would have made more sense.  Dee would just glare at him

Moose

« Reply #956 on: March 16, 2013, 09:27:25 PM »

Don't like him in general or did he say something tonight?

Never had an issue but announcing this weeks games and Cuse games in particular has been extra nauseating.

« Reply #957 on: March 16, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
Ionaesque choke job here

paultzman

« Reply #958 on: March 16, 2013, 10:32:08 PM »
VT transfer, Harrell is a monster, a Moose favorite I recall.

Poison

« Reply #959 on: March 16, 2013, 10:44:21 PM »
Ionaesque choke job here

SU Iona rematch?