Around Big East

• 3954 replies

paultzman

Re: around the big east
« Reply #1540 on: November 25, 2013, 01:51:52 PM »
@HolyLandofHoops: Latest AP poll has Creighton #20, Marquette #25.  Villanova, Xavier and Georgetown receiving votes.

Moose

« Reply #1541 on: November 25, 2013, 02:19:23 PM »
We're not gonna see votes unless we run table going into Cuse game.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #1542 on: November 25, 2013, 02:22:35 PM »

Sensing we will run table fwiw.

Moose

« Reply #1543 on: November 25, 2013, 02:28:50 PM »

Sensing we will run table fwiw.

Your lips to God's ears.
Remember who broke the Slice news

uwsfan

« Reply #1544 on: November 25, 2013, 03:52:57 PM »
Is it possible the BE could kick out Butler and replace them with UMass ?
Just huge mistake letting that program in knowing that Stevens would not be there much longer.

« Reply #1545 on: November 25, 2013, 04:49:48 PM »
UMass has football

« Reply #1546 on: November 25, 2013, 05:15:38 PM »
Just huge mistake letting that program in knowing that Stevens would not be there much longer.

Butler has been good for going on 20 years now

« Reply #1547 on: November 25, 2013, 06:11:05 PM »

And umass would be your choice? Butler isn't a flash in the pan program. They were good before Stevens.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #1548 on: November 25, 2013, 06:27:41 PM »
Providence deserves votes.  I know I sound like Shurina here, but they look dangerous.

« Reply #1549 on: November 25, 2013, 06:32:07 PM »
Providence deserves votes.  I know I sound like Shurina here, but they look dangerous.

They did in the coaches poll

paultzman

« Reply #1550 on: November 25, 2013, 09:53:25 PM »
No Mayo either;
@MarquetteMBB: ASU remains red hot from behind the 3-point line, draining 6-of-11 attempts. #mubb trails 33-18 with 7:52 left.

@BSnowScout: Marquette's early season struggles is one of the more baffling things. Just look lost without Cadougan and Vander Blue

paultzman

« Reply #1551 on: November 25, 2013, 10:10:10 PM »
@raphiellej: Much has been made of Marquette’s offensive issues, but you’re not winning on the road allowing a team to shoot 54% from the field. Down 10 at half.

MCNPA

« Reply #1552 on: November 25, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »
Marquette looks awful IMO.  Not worried about them at all right now.  Too bad because we need them to be good but SJU better at this point.  Hope we hear about Jordan soon though...

« Reply #1553 on: November 26, 2013, 12:09:34 AM »
Not a good day for the big east, Marquette, Providence & DePaul all lose. Xavier the only team to win today

Poison

« Reply #1554 on: November 26, 2013, 12:13:12 AM »
Not a good day for the big east, Marquette, Providence & DePaul all lose. Xavier the only team to win today

We're the new A10.

« Reply #1555 on: November 26, 2013, 12:19:17 AM »

We're the new A10.

To be fair I think you gotta give the conference a few years to make a judgement like that. As a conference we are recruiting at a very high level so there are signs that this can still be a top league

Poison

« Reply #1556 on: November 26, 2013, 12:40:00 AM »

We're the new A10.

To be fair I think you gotta give the conference a few years to make a judgement like that. As a conference we are recruiting at a very high level so there are signs that this can still be a top league

Why does the conference need time? These programs haven't changed. It's many of the same teams. DePaul is awful. Probably the worst high major team in the nation, yet again. I think if anything, the teams that have not pulled their weight need to recognize that it's their turn.

It took STJ 6 years to fire a complete nice person. But at least w Lavin, they are trying. There may not be a a top tier program in the BE this year, and that's dangerous going forward. If we play like we're the new A10, then that is what we are.

Personally, I think just about every program in the conference has the right to point the finger at us for sucking for so long. If the BE is going to survive, we have to man up.

« Reply #1557 on: November 26, 2013, 06:54:51 AM »

We're the new A10.

That's a compliment coming from the poison. He thought they were better then the bigeast last year.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #1558 on: November 26, 2013, 07:51:16 AM »

We're the new A10.

That's a compliment coming from the poison. He thought they were better then the bigeast last year.

Better?

DFF6

« Reply #1559 on: November 26, 2013, 08:50:29 AM »
I get it that in the early part of the season, even good teams will sometimes slip up a few times because they look past an opposing team, and the underdog plays a great game and pulls off the upset.  Duke needed a last second free throw to edge out the Vermont Catamounts, at Duke, earlier this week, so sh!t happens.  Problem is, the new BE doesn't offer nearly as many redemption opportunities as the old BE (e.g., beat ND, Pitt , UConn, Cincy and a half dozen games against the weaker teams in the old BE, and you were likely dancing).  So unless the current BE teams either run the table against cupcakes and other mildly good teams before conference play, or schedule and win a few games against out-of-conference heavyweight programs, the teams in the new BE will not get much love from the polls, and to Poison's point, puts the BE in a very similar situation as the A10, imo.