Around Big East

• 3954 replies

Moose

Re: around the big east
« Reply #1980 on: February 22, 2014, 12:07:38 PM »
Georgetown up by 12...I think that's what we'd want. We'd be tied for third.

Or the middle of the conference gets further muddy with their win.
Xavier loses RPI so our game on Tuesday isn't worth as much
And Xavier is coming into Tuesday off a loss.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1981 on: February 22, 2014, 12:09:38 PM »
Georgetown up by 12...I think that's what we'd want. We'd be tied for third.

Or the middle of the conference gets further muddy with their win.
Xavier loses RPI so our game on Tuesday isn't worth as much
And Xavier is coming into Tuesday off a loss.

I think 3rd place is worth it though. Looks a lot better. Especially with a chance to pass them with tuesdays game
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #1982 on: February 22, 2014, 12:09:52 PM »
I know I want Xavier to win.  Keeps them in top 50 rpi and sets up a possible seeding game in eyes of committee.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #1983 on: February 22, 2014, 12:43:47 PM »
If Xavier loses that actually makes the Nova game much bigger. If we can beat Nova and Xavier loses that is a big jump for us. If we can beat them on Tuesday we will be solidly in third.
Cougar O' Malley

paultzman

« Reply #1984 on: February 23, 2014, 04:31:03 PM »
Kevin W not fooling around;

@BrendanPrunty: Official word that Sterling Gibbs is out today, per coach's decision. Have confirmed @NJHoopsHaven report that Gibbs was suspended today.

goredmen

« Reply #1985 on: February 23, 2014, 04:38:22 PM »

@BrendanPrunty: Official word that Sterling Gibbs is out today, per coach's decision. Have confirmed @NJHoopsHaven report that Gibbs was suspended today.

Setting the tone for next year, much like what Lav did with the Dlo suspension last year

Moose

« Reply #1986 on: February 23, 2014, 04:58:37 PM »

Setting the tone for next year, much like what Lav did with the Dlo suspension last year

For next year?
Yeah Whitehead and company will run that team.

goredmen

« Reply #1987 on: February 23, 2014, 05:07:12 PM »

For next year?
Yeah Whitehead and company will run that team.

Hes trying to create an environment within the program that this kind of stuff won't be tolerated going forward. Hes laying down the law harshly now to get the message across  and make sure he won't have to deal with this kind of nonsense next year when they will be playing meaningful games this time of year

paultzman

« Reply #1988 on: February 23, 2014, 05:16:48 PM »
Iversonitis I guess;

@CerasolisGhost: Willard "Over the last week or so, week and half, Sterling has not had the greatest attitude." #shbb

@CerasolisGhost: Kevin Willard on Gibbs suspension: "He didn’t come the other day with a great attitude, he didn’t come ready to practice." #shbb

paultzman

« Reply #1989 on: February 23, 2014, 07:13:46 PM »
SH in great effort loses to Creighton by one.

« Reply #1990 on: February 23, 2014, 07:19:25 PM »
Creighton missed so many free throws in the last few minutes.

paultzman

« Reply #1991 on: February 23, 2014, 08:00:25 PM »

PC beats Butler by 6, Cotton scorched it as usual.

paultzman

« Reply #1992 on: February 24, 2014, 01:16:13 PM »
@WeAreDePaul: RT @DePaulSID: Billy Garrett Jr. picks up @BIGEASTMBB Rookie of the Week honor for fifth time this season. #dpubb @BGarrett_5 #DePaul

@CerasolisGhost: DePaul's Billy Garrett Jr. named Big East Rookie of Week for fifth time. 17 pts, 5 ast vs Xavier, 26 pts vs Marquette.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:25:06 PM by paultzman »

DFF6

« Reply #1993 on: February 24, 2014, 02:30:09 PM »
Jordan might be the Most Valuable Freshman in the BE, but I think BE Rookie of the Year is in the bag for Garrett.

Moose

« Reply #1994 on: February 24, 2014, 02:35:54 PM »
Jordan might be the Most Valuable Freshman in the BE, but I think BE Rookie of the Year is in the bag for Garrett.

Confused.
How can he have it in the bag?
I don't think either of them is a sure thing by any stretch.

DFF6

« Reply #1995 on: February 24, 2014, 02:51:08 PM »

Confused.

In addition to winning the weekly honor a league leading 5 times and leading all freshman in scoring and assists, I think Garrett will have the ability to "get his" for the remainder of the season without regard to how it impacts the team, whereas Jordan's contributions to the team's success, while invaluable, will not always fill up the stat sheet, IMO.  I hope I'm wrong and we take our 3rd ROY in a row.  We'll see.

Moose

« Reply #1996 on: February 24, 2014, 03:14:58 PM »

Confused.

In addition to winning the weekly honor a league leading 5 times and leading all freshman in scoring and assists, I think Garrett will have the ability to "get his" for the remainder of the season without regard to how it impacts the team, whereas Jordan's contributions to the team's success, while invaluable, will not always fill up the stat sheet, IMO.  I hope I'm wrong and we take our 3rd ROY in a row.  We'll see.

He's got 5 to Sheed's 3? Right? That is the whole season and Sheed's have all been in the BE.  Tommy Hamilton has also done very well for DePaul.  He could split some votes.  Whoever wins its gonna be close.  There will some who look at the awards and then others who will see the importance factor.

How many did Karr have last year vs. Archipoddumus.

DFF6

« Reply #1997 on: February 24, 2014, 03:23:16 PM »

Confused.

He's got 5 to Sheed's 3? Right? That is the whole season and Sheed's have all been in the BE.  Tommy Hamilton has also done very well for DePaul.  He could split some votes.  Whoever wins its gonna be close.  There will some who look at the awards and then others who will see the importance factor.

How many did Karr have last year vs. Archipoddumus.

JaKarr won the weekly award 7 times to Archipoddumus' 4 times, plus JaKarr led all freshmen in scoring and rebounds. 

NYCoffey

« Reply #1999 on: February 26, 2014, 12:08:43 PM »
saw on Holy land of hoops that some are saying purnell will be out at Depaul and they are targeting Howland to coach. Any one hearing this also?