Around Big East

• 3954 replies

QuanMan

Re: Around Big East
« Reply #3580 on: September 28, 2018, 10:20:15 AM »
What's different, Booth said, is "everything. We don't have a lot of veterans, so the drills we used to do that everybody knew, we've got to teach some new things, how we do things, technique, and how we defend."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there a general assessment of Villanova's freshmen on the defensive side?

"Yeah, poor,'' Wright said. "It's poor."

Average poor?

"Yeah, average poor,'' Wright said. "It's like any high school kid coming in as a freshman, but they do pick up the concepts really quickly. That's something I like. And they're very open to learning. They don't look at it like, I'm a high school scorer — I don't have to learn this."

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/philadelphia-city-six-basketball-villanova-temple-st-josephs-la-salle-drexel-penn-20180927.html?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nova, X, Hall all take steps back this year in my opinion. Hoyas, Johnnies, Marquette take their spots.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:40:55 AM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #3581 on: September 28, 2018, 03:20:26 PM »
What's different, Booth said, is "everything. We don't have a lot of veterans, so the drills we used to do that everybody knew, we've got to teach some new things, how we do things, technique, and how we defend."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Average poor?

"Yeah, average poor,'' Wright said. "It's like any high school kid coming in as a freshman, but they do pick up the concepts really quickly. That's something I like. And they're very open to learning. They don't look at it like, I'm a high school scorer — I don't have to learn this."

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/philadelphia-city-six-basketball-villanova-temple-st-josephs-la-salle-drexel-penn-20180927.html?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nova, X, Hall all take steps back this year in my opinion. Hoyas, Johnnies, Marquette take their spots.
Man what a sucker at least as far as Nova is concerned. After listening to Nick Saban interviewed you would probably pick Louisiana-Layfayette to beat Bama outright even as a 49 point underdog. Ever hear of coach speak? Just a coach downplaying expectations and trying to take pressure off his players as a defending champ with still high expectations.

QuanMan

« Reply #3582 on: September 28, 2018, 03:38:53 PM »

Average poor?

Man what a sucker at least as far as Nova is concerned. After listening to Nick Saban interviewed you would probably pick Louisiana-Layfayette to beat Bama outright even as a 49 point underdog. Ever hear of coach speak? Just a coach downplaying expectations and trying to take pressure off his players as a defending champ with still high expectations.

Nah I think we take it to Nova this year, I like JQ and Slater- let's talk in March.
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #3583 on: October 05, 2018, 05:34:03 AM »

Foad

« Reply #3584 on: October 05, 2018, 07:57:03 AM »

QuanMan

« Reply #3585 on: October 09, 2018, 01:05:43 PM »
DePaul and Creighton both sweating out Bowen Sr.'s testimony today:

Dan Wetzel

Verified account

@DanWetzel
 8m8 minutes ago
More
Bowen testified that the offer involving Creighton included $100000 and two "high paying jobs" for he and his longtime girlfriend. Defense asked if both were over $100000 per year and Bowen said could recall exactly.

Dan Wetzel

Verified account

@DanWetzel
 6m6 minutes ago
More
Bowen testified while his son played for the Mean Streets AAU team he received $5000 from former NFL player Ty Streets and $1500 from coach Tim Anderson, who is now with DePaul

Adam Zagoria

Verified account

@AdamZagoria
 2m2 minutes ago
More Adam Zagoria Retweeted Adam Zagoria
Bowen also said he received $1,500 from Tim Anderson for Tugs Bowen to play with MeanStreets

‘As I recall, yes.’

Anderson and Heirman are now both DePaul assistants.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:12:47 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #3586 on: October 10, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
Crisis averted- for now:

Tim Ring

Verified account

@timringTV
Follow Follow @timringTV
More Tim Ring Retweeted Adam Zagoria
The DePaul assistants were not DePaul assistants when then allegedly paid Bowen Sr. - nor were they paying him on behalf of DePaul nor were they paying him in order for his son to attend DePaul.
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #3587 on: October 11, 2018, 10:47:48 AM »
What a joke-

Adam Jardy

Verified account

@AdamJardy
Follow Follow @AdamJardy
More
Delany said #B1G has talked with Madison Square Garden about the future. "We’re presented them with a powerful emotional plan. We think we can elevate Madison Square Garden to the next level with regard to the postseason. We will not play early."
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #3588 on: October 11, 2018, 03:43:57 PM »
What a joke-

Adam Jardy

Verified account

@AdamJardy
Follow Follow @AdamJardy
More
Delany said #B1G has talked with Madison Square Garden about the future. "We’re presented them with a powerful emotional plan. We think we can elevate Madison Square Garden to the next level with regard to the postseason. We will not play early."

No way can they elevate the tournament over the Big East. Each team gets a certain amount of tix and Rutgers fans won't travel when they suck. Nebraska doesn't travel well in spite of its home attendance and Northwestern, Minnesota, and Penn State won't come close to using their share of tix.

If it is make or break let's add Dayton (#33 in attendance and top 20 traveling fan bases) and Gonzaga or Wichita St. and keep it in NY.

TONYD3

« Reply #3589 on: October 11, 2018, 05:14:32 PM »
What a joke-

Adam Jardy

Verified account

@AdamJardy
Follow Follow @AdamJardy
More

No way can they elevate the tournament over the Big East. Each team gets a certain amount of tix and Rutgers fans won't travel when they suck. Nebraska doesn't travel well in spite of its home attendance and Northwestern, Minnesota, and Penn State won't come close to using their share of tix.

If it is make or break let's add Dayton (#33 in attendance and top 20 traveling fan bases) and Gonzaga or Wichita St. and keep it in NY.
Ohio state, Michigan, Michigan state, Indiana, Wisconsin travel plenty .
We need to add UCONN. Not Dayton

goredmen

« Reply #3590 on: October 11, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »
What a joke-

Adam Jardy

Verified account

@AdamJardy
Follow Follow @AdamJardy
More

Ohio state, Michigan, Michigan state, Indiana, Wisconsin travel plenty .
We need to add UCONN. Not Dayton

https://uconnhuskies.com/index.aspx?path=football

QuanMan

« Reply #3591 on: October 15, 2018, 03:31:07 PM »
Some iconic venues possible, great news for the conference. You would hope that Cragg has some influence in scheduling a marquee Big12 opponent at the Garden and taking the brand on the road throughout this contract:

Jon Rothstein

Verified account

@JonRothstein
Following Following @JonRothstein
More
Source: The Big East and Big 12 have officially agreed to an annual "challenge" between the two conferences, starting during the 19-20 season. Official announcement expected soon.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 03:46:40 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #3592 on: October 18, 2018, 01:32:00 PM »
DePaul coach Dave Leitao and athletic director Jean Lenti Ponsetto get orders of protection against former assistant coach:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-depaul-dave-leitao-jean-lenti-ponsetto-protection-20181017-story.html
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #3593 on: October 23, 2018, 01:28:21 PM »
Steele's 2019 class is off the charts for someone with zero head coaching experience. Dominating his backyard with this Northern Kentucky commit-

https://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/big-east-recruiting/2018/10/23/18014752/xavier-musketeers-2019-recruiting-kyky-tandy-commits

"As it was mentioned before, Xavier’s class is now up to five players in 2019. Tandy joins the aforementioned Dieonte Miles as well as three other four-star players. Those players include Dahmir Bishop, Daniel Ramsey and Zach Freemantle. Once the score goes through, Xavier will jump from 15th to 10th in the nation in the 2019 recruiting rankings. They will remain second in the Big East behind the vaunted Villanova Wildcats."
Section 3
Section 116

TONYD3

« Reply #3595 on: October 28, 2018, 01:17:14 PM »
Seton hall beats BC by 14. Doesn’t mean anything. Just a scrimmage

cjfish

« Reply #3596 on: October 28, 2018, 07:37:53 PM »
that is correct

QuanMan

« Reply #3597 on: November 06, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »
Why is it that Wright rings in the new year w Mike every year and not Mullin, idk about you, this is minor, but it just irks me:

Brian Monzo

Verified account

@BMonzoRadio
Following Following @BMonzoRadio
More
Today: @VUCoachJWright joins @MikeFrancesa on @mikeson ..
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #3598 on: November 06, 2018, 07:33:57 PM »
Phil Booth is a problem

« Reply #3599 on: November 07, 2018, 02:04:59 AM »
Why is it that Wright rings in the new year w Mike every year and not Mullin, idk about you, this is minor, but it just irks me:

Brian Monzo

Verified account

@BMonzoRadio
Following Following @BMonzoRadio
More
Today: @VUCoachJWright joins @MikeFrancesa on @mikeson ..

Probably bc they won the championship