Rodney Miller-Center-Oak Hill, Va. - MIAMI

• 6 replies

paultzman

Rodney Miller-Center-Oak Hill, Va. - MIAMI
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:44:44 PM »
“@Josh_Stirn: Oak Hill 2016 big man Rodney Miller Jr tells me he has interest from URI, Providence, Cuse, Rutgers, Gtown, St.Johns, UVA, Baylor, + IU.”

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/171203/rodney-miller
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:30:49 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Moose

Re: Rodney Miller-Center-Oak Hill Academy, Va.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:59:07 PM »
From ESPN-

Strengths:
He's a young big man with a significant upside. He's got good size and extremely long arms, and is unusually coordinated for a player of his age and size. He uses his length and agility to patrol the lane and block shots and also runs the floor pretty well for a guy his size. Offensively, he has outstanding use of both hands around the rim, so while he has a very soft touch over his left shoulder, he finishes equally well to both sides and is a threat to dunk with either hand as well.

Weaknesses:
Like most young big men, Miller needs to get stronger and become more comfortable playing through contact. While he has a ton of offensive potential, he's still a fairly raw work in progress, especially in terms of his understanding of a half-court game. He needs to ensure his motor always runs at a high rate and also make sure he's always assertive and aggressive inside the paint.

Bottom Line:
He's a uniquely talented prospect in the class of 2016 and someone who has all the tools and talent necessary to develop into one of the best big men in that class.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:59:33 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 10:04:29 PM »
Queens kid too.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 03:41:54 PM »

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 10:33:10 AM »
I wonder if the staff will try to get Rodney back home from Oak Hill.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 04:08:36 PM »
Article a few days ago on Rivals indicating he would like to hear from the new staff and would be interested if they called:

Another school that he admits to being intrigued by now is St. John's. As a Queens native Miller says he always followed the Red Storm, and that with new head coach Chris Mullin now in charge, if they reached out to him, he would definitely have interest in coming back home for college.

"Like I said before there is no place like home. I feel like having a legend like Chris Mullin come back will help them a lot and St. John's is definitely a place I would consider," Miller went on to say.

https://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1754337

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 04:09:41 PM »
Article a few days ago on Rivals indicating he would like to hear from the new staff and would be interested if they called:

Another school that he admits to being intrigued by now is St. John's. As a Queens native Miller says he always followed the Red Storm, and that with new head coach Chris Mullin now in charge, if they reached out to him, he would definitely have interest in coming back home for college.

"Like I said before there is no place like home. I feel like having a legend like Chris Mullin come back will help them a lot and St. John's is definitely a place I would consider," Miller went on to say.

https://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1754337
Holy Cow. I hadn't seen a thing - good pull