Bracketology thread

• 332 replies
Re: Bracketology thread
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2015, 06:29:02 PM »
Great posts fellas! Sucks when reality slaps you in the face doesn't it?

Reality is that our current resume is solid - SOS 9, RPI 28, KenPom 26, no losses outside of top 50. Win 9 more any which way and we are in. Not sure why beating two top 50 teams on the road are so troubling to you

There's a lot to complain about, and a tourney bid is far from certain, but your posts on this thread are not accurate. I know you are upset that we didn't schedule Iona but be objective.

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2015, 08:23:13 PM »
Some posts were archived. Lets not talk about each other or other's family. Keep it on hoops guys.

Thanks
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2015, 08:35:42 PM »
Friday night and you guys are getting sucked into Baldi's troll game. 

Never learn. 

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2015, 08:37:33 PM »
Friday night and you guys are getting sucked into Baldi's troll game. 

Never learn. 

A post after I said keep discussion on hoops...SMH. C'mon man!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2015, 08:51:03 PM »
21-10 and were a lock. 20-11 so-so. But I feel a 9-9 record in this years big east would equal an 11-7 in last years based on competition.

LoganK

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2015, 10:50:51 PM »
Baldi I am curious about your logic regarding the Providence win.  If you are saying it is not a good win because they are still Providence and haven't been good, why does that same logic not apply to the Syracuse win?  Syracuse has been very good, therefore it should be a very good win with your logic.  But you state that it is not a good win.  Either the Syracuse win is a very good win for their history or the Providence win is for being a top 25 road win (or both).  Sounds like you are just saying whatever possible to disparage the SJU basketball team's record.  Sucks when the reality of your hypocrisy slaps you in the face, doesn't it?

So Syracuse is a good win because they were good in the past?
If the rationale is that the Syracuse win is good because they were good in the past, wouldn't it  be the same in the Providence win. They have sucked in the past

It seems you missed the part where that was referencing your logic on why Providence was not a good win.  Did you not imply that Providence was not a good win because they have been bad?  My point, was that you can't use that logic to call a Providence win bad, but not apply it to Syracuse (given their successful recent history).  The only reason I acknowledged that silly line of rationale, is that I was hoping that if we adhered to your logic, maybe it would resonate more; but clearly, even you cannot follow your own logic, so we'll go with mine.

As I stated earlier, at this point in the season Syracuse is top 50 in RPI, BPI, Kenpom, and is receiving votes in both national polls.  And it was on the road.  That's why Syracuse is a good win.  Providence is a good win for much of the same reasons.  Perhaps a personal bias of yours prevents you from seeing it that way, but facts is facts.

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2015, 11:25:21 PM »
Baldi I am curious about your logic regarding the Providence win.  If you are saying it is not a good win because they are still Providence and haven't been good, why does that same logic not apply to the Syracuse win?  Syracuse has been very good, therefore it should be a very good win with your logic.  But you state that it is not a good win.  Either the Syracuse win is a very good win for their history or the Providence win is for being a top 25 road win (or both).  Sounds like you are just saying whatever possible to disparage the SJU basketball team's record.  Sucks when the reality of your hypocrisy slaps you in the face, doesn't it?

If the rationale is that the Syracuse win is good because they were good in the past, wouldn't it  be the same in the Providence win. They have sucked in the past

It seems you missed the part where that was referencing your logic on why Providence was not a good win.  Did you not imply that Providence was not a good win because they have been bad?  My point, was that you can't use that logic to call a Providence win bad, but not apply it to Syracuse (given their successful recent history).  The only reason I acknowledged that silly line of rationale, is that I was hoping that if we adhered to your logic, maybe it would resonate more; but clearly, even you cannot follow your own logic, so we'll go with mine.

As I stated earlier, at this point in the season Syracuse is top 50 in RPI, BPI, Kenpom, and is receiving votes in both national polls.  And it was on the road.  That's why Syracuse is a good win.  Providence is a good win for much of the same reasons.  Perhaps a personal bias of yours prevents you from seeing it that way, but facts is facts.

Do you see Syracuse in the NCAA tournament?

LoganK

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2015, 11:47:01 PM »

They certainly have work left to do (at this point in the season, nearly everyone does), but they are trending in the right direction.  Same goes for Providence (although they are in better shape in terms of meaningful wins).

*Lunardi currently has Syr as an 11 seed and Prov as an 8 seed, he sees them both as in at this point.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:52:39 PM by LoganK »

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2015, 11:54:06 PM »

They certainly have work left to do (at this point in the season, nearly everyone does), but they are trending in the right direction.  Same goes for Providence (although they are in better shape in terms of meaningful wins).

Syracuse has the meat of the schedule coming up. I can't see them trending in the right direction.  They've played 2 ranked teams and loss both. And one was an awful Michigan team.

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2015, 11:56:59 PM »
I think of it like this.  On selection Sunday, who will be on our "good wins" list?

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2015, 12:03:41 AM »
I think of it like this.  On selection Sunday, who will be on our "good wins" list?

Ask those questions once the regular season is nearly over.  Not mid-January.

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2015, 12:07:04 AM »

How many possible good wins do we have left on the schedule?

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2015, 12:07:42 AM »

Figure it out yourself since you seem to have the answers to "Selection Sunday."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:08:34 AM by mjdinkins »

LoganK

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2015, 12:07:56 AM »

Syracuse has the meat of the schedule coming up. I can't see them trending in the right direction.  They've played 2 ranked teams and loss both. And one was an awful Michigan team.

They've won 7 games in a row, seems like a trend so far.  They have 5 chances for big wins the rest of the way - three at home, two on the road and about 5 other chances for good wins. 

As it stands right now, @Syr is a good win, and @Prov is good bordering on very good.  If we just win our home games excluding Duke, we would add Prov again, Seton Hall, Xavier, and Georgetown.  6 top 50 wins is not a bad way to build a resume, and that's assuming we don't win any more tough road games.

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2015, 12:08:56 AM »
All of this is a waste of breath.  We are getting a bid.

« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2015, 12:11:49 AM »

Figure it out yourself since you seem to have the answers to "Selection Sunday."

It's a question asking your opinion.

LoganK

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2015, 12:14:31 AM »

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2015, 12:14:39 AM »

It's a question asking your opinion.

Actually, LoganK gave a good, synopsis on what can be done to add more quality wins.  So, you can lump me in with his breakdown. 

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2015, 12:22:42 AM »
2-4 vsRPI top 50 teams at the moment

LoganK

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2015, 12:27:15 AM »
Correct.  And we're 7-0 against everyone not in the top 20.  We were on the bubble last season with 2 top 50 wins.  Assume we get 4 more as I mentioned, and I would have to believe we're in good shape.