Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies

Foad

Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #500 on: December 31, 2015, 08:13:47 AM »
Here we go again with the we don't want him sentiments. Yeah sure, we don't want a 5 star player because he might be "showcasing" himself by scoring 20 points a game. My goodness some people are insane.

I for one am proud to root for a program that is so successful that having NBA players on the roster is a detriment.

pmg911

« Reply #501 on: December 31, 2015, 09:47:26 AM »
You guys are right...    get the best players here no matter their attitude or approach.

It doesn't matter if they fit in with what the coach is trying to create, if they can play, its the staff's job to make it fit.

goredmen

« Reply #502 on: December 31, 2015, 02:12:26 PM »
You guys are right...    get the best players here no matter their attitude or approach.

It doesn't matter if they fit in with what the coach is trying to create, if they can play, its the staff's job to make it fit.

I'm not why you assume that Rawle would not fit in with what the coach is trying to create, if that is in fact what you were assuming. The way I see it, Rawle steps right into the role Durand Johnson currently has and Rawle will be better at that role

SJU79

« Reply #503 on: January 15, 2016, 11:33:05 PM »
Again heard  tonight SJU is much more in play than people think...much more.

bk8664

« Reply #504 on: January 15, 2016, 11:49:08 PM »
Again heard  tonight SJU is much more in play than people think...much more.

Good

Marillac

« Reply #505 on: January 16, 2016, 12:46:09 AM »

Rawle is a good student and a great kid. He's not a Whitehead. I think his strengths help fill a lot of our weaker areas--strength, defense, and athletic ability.

goredmen

« Reply #506 on: January 16, 2016, 02:04:07 AM »

Rawle is a good student and a great kid. He's not a Whitehead. I think his strengths help fill a lot of our weaker areas--strength, defense, and athletic ability.

You really shouldn't have to try to convince anybody that getting this kid was be a MAJOR positive for the program, but I guess that's the world we live in these days

Wods317

« Reply #507 on: January 16, 2016, 08:08:18 AM »

You really shouldn't have to try to convince anybody that getting this kid was be a MAJOR positive for the program, but I guess that's the world we live in these days

I understand why people are hesitant to take a one and done player because he could mess up the continuity of group that can grow together but when you have the chance to get an top 10-15 recruit you take it and run with it. I haven't heard a bad thing about the kid. Getting a recruit of his stature will only help elevate the program and bring in other top recruits. I hope we get him, we would have a very talented group next year.

MCNPA

« Reply #508 on: January 16, 2016, 09:42:45 AM »
If we can land him, take him.  Even if it is for one year.   He can play lots of different spots on the floor and could allow us to use lineups with many different looks.

Wods317

« Reply #509 on: January 16, 2016, 10:05:05 AM »
If we can land him, take him.  Even if it is for one year.   He can play lots of different spots on the floor and could allow us to use lineups with many different looks.

100%. As a rebuilding program you don't turn away top 10 kids

« Reply #510 on: January 16, 2016, 10:55:10 AM »
Time for Slice and Matt A to earn that check

« Reply #511 on: January 16, 2016, 01:15:28 PM »

100%. As a rebuilding program you don't turn away top 10 kids

Agree, with you and MCN. 

Never know....  Maybe, Maker and his crew becomes even more intrigued, if Alkins were to commit to us.

« Reply #512 on: January 16, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »
I'm told by a reliable guy in Canarsie that we still have a legit shot at getting Rawle.  I tend to be pessimistic when it comes to STJ hoops, so I put the chances at about 30% he enrolls here.

Wods317

« Reply #513 on: January 16, 2016, 01:34:43 PM »
Time for Slice and Matt A to earn that check

They have been doing great but this why we got two of the top recruiters in the nation. Would be huge for the program and the staff to get rawle

« Reply #514 on: January 16, 2016, 07:25:02 PM »
Is he really a 1 and done though? I think he will be a great college player, but projecting him 1 and done seems a bit premature.

paultzman

« Reply #515 on: January 16, 2016, 07:34:02 PM »
Is he really a 1 and done though? I think he will be a great college player, but projecting him 1 and done seems a bit premature.
[/quote Quite premature

Very premature, but the world we live in.

« Reply #516 on: January 16, 2016, 07:39:51 PM »

It would make him the first power guard in NBA history.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #517 on: January 17, 2016, 12:04:09 PM »
Rawle's recent statement that he's waiting for his PSAT results so that he can schedule his official visits is confusing.  Did he mean SAT results, because he said PSAT a few times?  Students generally take the PSAT in 10th or 11th grade as an early predictor of how they may do on the SATs, but PSAT scores don't qualify you to play college ball.  The "old format" SAT will be given for the final time next Saturday.  After that, the next test will be the "new SAT" on March 5th.  Results from that test will take weeks, pushing back scores into April.  High school seniors who intend to attend college don't wait until March to take their SATs; they generally have their applications out by Jan. 1st at the latest. I realize that elite athletes get preferential treatment, but is Rawle going to be academically eligible to play college ball anywhere next year?

« Reply #518 on: January 17, 2016, 01:00:40 PM »
Rawle's recent statement that he's waiting for his PSAT results so that he can schedule his official visits is confusing.  Did he mean SAT results, because he said PSAT a few times?  Students generally take the PSAT in 10th or 11th grade as an early predictor of how they may do on the SATs, but PSAT scores don't qualify you to play college ball.  The "old format" SAT will be given for the final time next Saturday.  After that, the next test will be the "new SAT" on March 5th.  Results from that test will take weeks, pushing back scores into April.  High school seniors who intend to attend college don't wait until March to take their SATs; they generally have their applications out by Jan. 1st at the latest. I realize that elite athletes get preferential treatment, but is Rawle going to be academically eligible to play college ball anywhere next year?

He probably meant SAT. Wouldn't read too much into it I'm sure he's doing what he has to do.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #519 on: January 17, 2016, 01:03:21 PM »
Did he say when he plans on committing?