Amir Garrett - SF - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - ST. JOHN'S

• 772 replies

Moose

Re: Amir Garrett - SF - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #740 on: November 21, 2011, 10:18:05 AM »
With NCAA often taking weeks or months to clear a player-
 how do we know how soon after finishing semester  NCAA clears Amir ?
We don't.   Doesn't that make it so much fun?

Well. I hope since their workload of this type should be 95% less now, compared to August-
 process should be much quicker.  But thats thinking too logically.

Do we know when Amir finishes finals ?
could he be eligible for the Dec 17 Fordham game ?

When he finishes has no effect on his first game.  He would be eligible the 1st game after the Fall Semester ends which would be the Tex Pan Am game.  With I think 2 days of practice.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #741 on: November 21, 2011, 10:25:12 AM »
We need Amir badly. I really hopewe see him soon

« Reply #742 on: November 23, 2011, 02:00:33 PM »
Well we had Kevin Ware announce recently that he wil be eligible at Lousiville second semester and it appears that LaQuinton Ross of Ohio St is set to join OSU in December although it is not official yet.  OSU I believe goes on a tri-mester system and so he can enroll a bit earlier.

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stories/2011/11/23/freshman-ross-tweets-about-good-news.html

So we know it can definitely happen.

« Reply #743 on: November 23, 2011, 03:11:43 PM »
I just want it to be official
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #744 on: November 23, 2011, 08:05:16 PM »

Well. I hope since their workload of this type should be 95% less now, compared to August-

I think the last day at Bridgton is dec 16th or something like that so probably not Fordham but maybe the next.

Moose

« Reply #745 on: November 23, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »

I think the last day at Bridgton is dec 16th or something like that so probably not Fordham but maybe the next.

He's not eligible due to STJ finals until the Tex Pan Am game.  That could be his first game depending on him getting eligible.

Here is what I don't get.  If he has to wait for those grades why are guys like Ware and Ross getting cleared now?

DFF6

« Reply #746 on: December 02, 2011, 10:35:35 AM »
Anyone have any update on Amir's status?  Maybe even encouraging tweets?  Could use some good news (hopefully, it's good).

Moose

« Reply #747 on: December 02, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »
Anyone have any update on Amir's status?  Maybe even encouraging tweets?  Could use some good news (hopefully, it's good).

Zags article today talks about him coming with more positive tweets.

DFF6

« Reply #748 on: December 02, 2011, 11:43:48 AM »

Zags article today talks about him coming with more positive tweets.

Cool. Thanks Moose.

« Reply #749 on: December 02, 2011, 12:48:11 PM »
[.
[/quote]

He's not eligible due to STJ finals until the Tex Pan Am game.  That could be his first game depending on him getting eligible.

Here is what I don't get.  If he has to wait for those grades why are guys like Ware and Ross getting cleared now?
[/quote]

In Ross's case I think it is because he did not take any additional class he just took the SAT again and raised his score.

« Reply #750 on: December 02, 2011, 08:07:25 PM »
[.

[/quote]

In Ross's case I think it is because he did not take any additional class he just took the SAT again and raised his score.
[/quote]

With Ross it is because OSU goes on a tri-mester system.  It is all about when the next semester begins.  You obviously cannot enroll in the middle of a semester even if you know you are cleared.

« Reply #751 on: December 02, 2011, 11:36:56 PM »
Great news...he will help a lot.

He may not have any impact till next year.  He doesnt know the system and has not played against this level of competition. Look I expected much more from Sir Dom at this point as he was rated higher and had the physical tools to contribute immediately and he struggles offensively at this point.

NYCoffey

« Reply #752 on: December 03, 2011, 09:36:20 PM »
Amir went for 26 pts, 11 rebs and 6 assts in there last game according to his twitter.

« Reply #753 on: December 04, 2011, 10:04:16 AM »
Amir went for 26 pts, 11 rebs and 6 assts in there last game according to his twitter.

Deangelo H averaged thirty something points in high school.  The only HS players that have a chance of contributing are great shooters and even they usually take a year or two.

Moose

« Reply #754 on: December 04, 2011, 10:25:45 AM »

Deangelo H averaged thirty something points in high school.  The only HS players that have a chance of contributing are great shooters and even they usually take a year or two.

The NEPSAC is arguably the toughest conference in America.  The amount of players that go onto NCAA high level D1 is absurd.  Not so much with where Harrison came from.

« Reply #755 on: December 04, 2011, 10:59:04 AM »
If Amir can give us a net 10pts---avg 6pts on offense and reduce opponent scoring by 4pts avg on defense (not too much to expect)---that will have a huge impact on the remainder of our schedule.  Next year, I would expext his numbers to be even better.

« Reply #756 on: December 07, 2011, 09:34:04 AM »
Amir size and rebounding is going to be a big. Our zone is about lenth and Amir fits the bill.

sju89tr

« Reply #757 on: December 07, 2011, 10:56:27 AM »
Amir would supply a spark at this point, take away about 4 minutes a game from other players to keep everyone fresh, and most importantly allow us to play more man to man defense from the wings and guards with 5 more fouls to give.   

« Reply #758 on: December 07, 2011, 07:39:05 PM »
Amir size and rebounding is going to be a big. Our zone is about lenth and Amir fits the bill.

Here we go again, overating these kids at this point in time.Amir is a nice player and will EVENTUALLY turn into a contriutor, but he is by no mens a difference maker.  Not to mention, he is going to need a good month or so before he can even get on the floor at this level.  Let me guess, it was some of you guys who touted Nuri as the next NBA star.  Give Amir a chance to get acclimated to the situation before you start touting him as the next coming.

Moose

« Reply #759 on: December 07, 2011, 09:37:17 PM »

Here we go again, overating these kids at this point in time.Amir is a nice player and will EVENTUALLY turn into a contriutor, but he is by no mens a difference maker.  Not to mention, he is going to need a good month or so before he can even get on the floor at this level.  Let me guess, it was some of you guys who touted Nuri as the next NBA star.  Give Amir a chance to get acclimated to the situation before you start touting him as the next coming.

Nobody saw Nuri play to call him an NBA player.  We all read what was written about him from Chad Ford of ESPN.com.  Does he look like that now?  No.  But all people here did was go off of what an expert was saying.  Be fair.