Devonte Green - INDIANA

• 74 replies

paultzman

Devonte Green - INDIANA
« on: January 16, 2013, 05:33:42 PM »
Went off for 30 & 8 assists;

“@NYCHoops: http://t.co/p1rxBdFR - Devonte Green leads St. Mary's over Chaminade http://t.co/mNSnwOa2 #BoysHoops #hshoops #boysbasketball #rivals”
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:03:53 PM by Moose »

paultzman

Re: Devonte Green
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:10:49 AM »
“@NYCHoops: NY freshman hits 1000 points: Devonte Green hit a milestone on Saturday and is on pace to hit yet another. Only ... http://t.co/5iVWDklB

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »
“@NYCHoops: NY freshman hits 1000 points: Devonte Green hit a milestone on Saturday and is on pace to hit yet another. Only ... http://t.co/5iVWDklB

Crazy!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kob24

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 12:22:39 PM »
Lmao

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »
Whoever has permission can add this to the new 2016 recruiting section now.

Chilleb

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 06:12:17 PM »
In the gym with devonte green and class of 2016 right now !! Flat out loaded

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 06:19:31 PM »

The highlights I saw of him are insane. Probably pointless to hope he stays home. 

Happy

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »

Now that's a kid you want to put the full court press on early. 

Chilleb

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 08:19:41 AM »

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 06:56:20 PM »
"The 6-foot-1 point guard from Centerreach, L.I., one of the area’s top freshmen, is just beginning to create his own path. He already has scored over 1,000 points on the high school level, as an eighth grader at North Babylon and this past year for St. Mary’s of Manhasset, and is a key piece for nationally ranked AAU program Team SCAN's 16-and-under team.

His father, Danny Green Sr., said Devonte already has landed scholarship offers from Cincinnati and Florida, while North Carolina (Danny’s alma mater), Georgetown, Syracuse and Connecticut, among others, have expressed interest.

Devonte started playing basketball at the age of 4, inspired by watching his older brother’s games at St. Mary’s. Green Sr. said Devonte isn’t the shooter Danny was at the same age — the older brother, after all, is one of the top 3-point shooters in the NBA — but is a better ball handler and defender.

“When I look at Devonte, the ceiling for him is unlimited,” Green Sr. said. “He could be the best out of all of them. He puts the ball on the floor so well, he gets to the rack. Devonte can just lock down, he stays in front of most point guards.

“The difference is he can get to wherever he wants to on the floor. Danny couldn’t do that. He can be a much more efficient scorer than Danny [was].”

Read more: RECRUITING CONFIDENTIAL: Devonte Green following in footsteps of NBA brother - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/collegesports/recruiting_confidential_green_following_VNETSTIDhbhvxJoV8kXILM#ixzz2UFmo42se
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:57:18 PM by paultzman »

Chilleb

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 08:33:10 PM »
"The 6-foot-1 point guard from Centerreach, L.I., one of the area’s top freshmen, is just beginning to create his own path. He already has scored over 1,000 points on the high school level, as an eighth grader at North Babylon and this past year for St. Mary’s of Manhasset, and is a key piece for nationally ranked AAU program Team SCAN's 16-and-under team.

His father, Danny Green Sr., said Devonte already has landed scholarship offers from Cincinnati and Florida, while North Carolina (Danny’s alma mater), Georgetown, Syracuse and Connecticut, among others, have expressed interest.

Devonte started playing basketball at the age of 4, inspired by watching his older brother’s games at St. Mary’s. Green Sr. said Devonte isn’t the shooter Danny was at the same age — the older brother, after all, is one of the top 3-point shooters in the NBA — but is a better ball handler and defender.

“When I look at Devonte, the ceiling for him is unlimited,” Green Sr. said. “He could be the best out of all of them. He puts the ball on the floor so well, he gets to the rack. Devonte can just lock down, he stays in front of most point guards.

“The difference is he can get to wherever he wants to on the floor. Danny couldn’t do that. He can be a much more efficient scorer than Danny [was].”

Read more: RECRUITING CONFIDENTIAL: Devonte Green following in footsteps of NBA brother - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/collegesports/recruiting_confidential_green_following_VNETSTIDhbhvxJoV8kXILM#ixzz2UFmo42se
See this kid all the time, he's a one an done talent. Special.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 01:12:53 AM »

Of all the players to come out of new york out of the last 5-10 years, when its all said and done I think this kid will be the best of them.

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »

Of all the players to come out of new york out of the last 5-10 years, when its all said and done I think this kid will be the best of them.
+1

Have to think UNC has a huge advantage in this.  I'd love to get him at STJ.

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »

“@scott_chihoops: Nike Elite 100 Top 2016 Prospects http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/insider2/1479-nike-elite-100-top-2016-prospects

Devonte Green, 6’1”, point guard (St. Mary’s HS, NY)
Green was a prospect that really stood out.  He is a high IQ point guard that is a solid passer who made sound decisions when running the show.  Green also shot the heck out of it especially on day 3.  The young guard was an aggressive defender that pressured the ball.

paultzman

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 08:52:38 PM »
“@GiveNGobball: There is no stopping Devonte Green, Class of 2016 SG playing for Team Scan (NY), when his jump shot is on. #HGJamFest”

paultzman

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »
“@SteveKellerNRR: 6'2 Devonte Green scoring a ton of pts at flat out loaded Hoop Group Elite Future All-American camp/Cant imagine 2 many better guards in '16”

“@TheRecruitScoop: 2016 guard Devonte Green is catching fire at #FutureAllAmerican. He's doing a great job of attacking the rim, as is 2016 SG Unique McLean.”
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 07:26:47 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 05:44:51 PM »
Andrew Slater ‏@ASlater247
Devonte Green'16 was a top player @ Basketball By the Beach. Offers from Florida & Cincy. Interest w/ UConn, UNC, Georgetown, and St. John's
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:46:01 PM by Redstormy80 »

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 10:00:37 PM »
seems like we almost never offer these kids early and when they are extremely highly rated I just don't get it. We are said to have interest, well I guess not as much as schools that offer early. Some kids probably give extra consideration to schools that thought enough of them to offer early.

Moose

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 12:17:34 AM »
seems like we almost never offer these kids early and when they are extremely highly rated I just don't get it. We are said to have interest, well I guess not as much as schools that offer early. Some kids probably give extra consideration to schools that thought enough of them to offer early.

Actually I think there are more examples of us offering early.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 09:13:03 AM »
Played against st.marys featuring devonte and Jessie last night in some fall ball action and I'm going to go out on a limb and say devonte is the second best guard after whitehead regardless of class.