Ray Salnave - PG - Cardozo - Queens NY - MONMOUTH

• 122 replies

paultzman

Re: Ray Salnave- G- Cardoza- Queens NY
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 05:55:44 PM »
http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/cardozos-salnave-may-be-new-yorks-best-sophomore/
Paultzmann - Has the staff already been "working the relationship?"

No idea, but it seems we don't routinely jump on kids early.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:56:26 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 06:27:12 PM »
http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/cardozos-salnave-may-be-new-yorks-best-sophomore/
Paultzmann - Has the staff already been "working the relationship?"

No idea, but it seems we don't routinely jump on kids early.
that is true.  He'd be a likely recruit to be on early judging from the write ups.  He would be one of the best city players in a while (top 10 recruit level)

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »
"He currently has two scholarship offers, from Manhattan and Fordham, but a number of top Division I schools have begun to take notice. Naclerio said Minnesota, Villanova, St. John’s, Seton Hall and Connecticut are all looking to get into the mix."

http://nypost.com/2014/03/07/cardozo-hs-guard-salnave-is-one-to-watch/

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »
I'm in on Salnave. 

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2014, 01:51:28 PM »
I think he's very good. Best days are ahead of him.

Strong body, can create his own shot, and quick trigger. I haven't seen him a lot but first time I saw him I immediately said who's that?!?!?!

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2014, 04:42:02 PM »
Would be nice to see us start getting out on some of these kids early. When was the last time we got a kid to commit before his senior year that actually signed with us?

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »
Would be nice to see us start getting out on some of these kids early. When was the last time we got a kid to commit before his senior year that actually signed with us?

Kid's don't commit anywhere early anymore. I don't blame them either.

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »

Its smart on their part but it still happens. 10 out of ESPN's top 60 have already popped

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2014, 09:41:30 PM »

Its smart on their part but it still happens. 10 out of ESPN's top 60 have already popped

So 16% of the top 10% commit early?

I bet 50% of them de-commit. Also we're talking about a 2016 recruit not a 2015.

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2014, 10:02:56 PM »

So 16% of the top 10% commit early?

I bet 50% of them de-commit. Also we're talking about a 2016 recruit not a 2015.

I'm not really talking about Salnave (or 2016 class)  but in general. Our staff has been money on late signees so far but I fear that eventually it will bite us in the ass. I have no idea how they recruit sophomores and juniors but it would be nice to put in the groundwork early especially with the locals.

Chilleb

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2014, 10:18:23 PM »
told you guys from day 1. kid is a player. been watching him since 7/8th grade. grades may be an issue, but im sure theres ways around that. crafty, tough and confident as heck! all my circles complain about how little interest lavin shows in embracing nyc guys. my argument is we need more blue chippers in the city and then he'll chase them. well '15 and '16 is a good place to start for lav. loads of talent.

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2014, 10:21:58 PM »
told you guys from day 1. kid is a player. been watching him since 7/8th grade. grades may be an issue, but im sure theres ways around that. crafty, tough and confident as heck! all my circles complain about how little interest lavin shows in embracing nyc guys. my argument is we need more blue chippers in the city and then he'll chase them. well '15 and '16 is a good place to start for lav. loads of talent.

Think he goes NEPSAC and preps?

Chilleb

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2014, 10:25:38 PM »
been rumors he might be out after this season due to grades. at one point i heard it was a done deal but that cooled off. havent heard anything recently. but wouldnt be suprised if hes not back at cardozo. might be whats best for him.

paultzman

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2014, 02:20:08 PM »
@Insiders13: High scorers for CTK's 54-51 win over Dozo were Sophomores @Iam_RawleAlkins with 18 points and @RaySalnave10 with 20 points #nycbasketball

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2014, 02:31:42 PM »
https://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1632227

"St. John's contacted me and we spoke over Final 4 weekend. They are really interested and Naclerio thinks they are going to offer soon," Salnave said. "I spoke to Kansas coach Bill Self as well, he called and said they are looking forward to seeing me this summer which was amazing, and UConn has contacted me as well."

Chilleb

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2014, 06:09:48 PM »
was in gym with him yesterday, sign him up now, asap, immediately, last week

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2014, 06:29:39 PM »
Chilleb you know who he is playing summer ball with?

Marillac

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2014, 06:43:29 PM »
https://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1632227

"St. John's contacted me and we spoke over Final 4 weekend. They are really interested and Naclerio thinks they are going to offer soon," Salnave said. "I spoke to Kansas coach Bill Self as well, he called and said they are looking forward to seeing me this summer which was amazing, and UConn has contacted me as well."

Get this done. 

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2014, 07:00:58 PM »
I want to read updates how the staff is pursuing these guys - jeez... I take your word vouching for their talent level  :2funny: