DeAndre Hunter, SF, Friends Central, Pa. - VIRGINIA

• 37 replies

paultzman

DeAndre Hunter, SF, Friends Central, Pa. - VIRGINIA
« on: July 01, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »
AAU: Philly Pride (PA)

2016 Philly Pride (PA) forward DeAndre Hunter has a lot of similarities to Syracuse incoming freshman Tyler Roberson and could be very good. Still raw, the locals of Villanova, Temple, La Salle, St. Joseph's are looking at him, along with St. John's. Look for many more to begin recruiting him this summer as he steps onto a national stage.
recruitscoop.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1521070
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:21:27 AM by paultzman »

crgreen

Re: DeAndre Hunter, SF, Friends Central, Pa. - VIRGINIA
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:43:02 AM »

2016 Philly Pride (PA) forward DeAndre Hunter has a lot of similarities to Syracuse incoming freshman Tyler Roberson and could be very good. Still raw, the locals of Villanova, Temple, La Salle, St. Joseph's are looking at him, along with St. John's. Look for many more to begin recruiting him this summer as he steps onto a national stage.

Gotta think Rysheed helps with our exposure for Hunter - a rising HS soph from Philly has probably followed Black Jesus since middle school.

paultzman

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 10:50:07 AM »

Gotta think Rysheed helps with our exposure for Hunter - a rising HS soph from Philly has probably followed Black Jesus since middle school.

Chiles strong in Philly too.

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 04:41:59 PM »
@jmverlin: Friends' Central/Philly Pride 2016 SF DeAndre Hunter tells me that St. John's just offered. @Dr_Dre14
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:31:48 PM by jumpinjohnny »

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 07:15:21 PM »
I like Hunter but I'd say it's doubtful St. John's dips back into the same well that produced Rysheed Jordan.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 02:52:46 AM »
I like Hunter but I'd say it's doubtful St. John's dips back into the same well that produced Rysheed Jordan.
So they offered him because they don't want him? Talk about painting with a broad brush. Maybe his personal life is completely different and he is a completely different kid from Sheed. Guess we wouldn't have wanted Wilt Chamberlain either because he was from Philly.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:53:16 AM by Celtics11 »

derk

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »

So they offered him because they don't want him? Talk about painting with a broad brush. Maybe his personal life is completely different and he is a completely different kid from Sheed. Guess we wouldn't have wanted Wilt Chamberlain either because he was from Philly.

+1. Some of these comments are a hoot. How would he like to be judged simply by where he comes from. 😀
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:34:24 AM by jumpinjohnny »

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 12:12:49 PM »
Sounds like Hunter is going to decide soon:

According to Hunter, St. John's joins Miami and DePaul as the rising senior's most recent offers. "I visited [St. John's] about two weeks ago," said Hunter. "We toured the campus. We went and watch the guys work out and then the next day, [Red Storm Assistant Coach Matt Abdelmassih] called my brother who said he offered me."

Hunter said that he actually likes the fact that St. John's was a small and intimate campus. "I don't like a really big college where you have to walk a lot and they had a nice facility," he said. In addition, the PA native added, "They have a great [head] coach (Chris Mullin) who played in the NBA."

As far as what Hunter thinks brings to the Johnnies, he believes it's his versatility at the three-position.

Going into his senior year, Hunter is now giving thought towards the end of the recruiting process. "I wanna make a decision before the end of this live period and before the school year," he said.

St. John's is on short list according to Hunter. "They seem to be following through. They seem like they really want me so it's a good feeling."

https://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1783405

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 05:24:34 PM »
I highly doubt we would take a commit from this kid at this point with the door still open on Heron, Alkins, Ahmed etc. Would we?

Wods317

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 06:00:28 PM »
I highly doubt we would take a commit from this kid at this point with the door still open on Heron, Alkins, Ahmed etc. Would we?

He is a 4 star recruit on ESPN and Rivals for what it is worth. That puts him borderline top 100, do we turn a guy down like that? Would be very tough to do for me.

Chilleb

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 10:56:29 PM »
Forget all the perception. Saw him up close and personal today. Real deal ! Legit 6'7 shoots it and handles it. Athletic and poised. Very high ceiling

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 08:14:32 AM »
Forget all the perception. Saw him up close and personal today. Real deal ! Legit 6'7 shoots it and handles it. Athletic and poised. Very high ceiling

Reminded me a bit of Lamb at UConn

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2015, 08:57:11 PM »
R Miller ‏@R_Miller12  · 12hours ago 
2016 Philly Pride/Friends Central (PA) F DeAndre Hunter has received an offer from UCONN per his AAU coach @Dr_Dre14 @cols3

R Miller ‏@R_Miller12  · 12hours ago 
2016 Philly Pride/Friends Central (PA) F DeAndre Hunter has received an offer from Arkansas per his AAU coach @Dr_Dre14

Josh Verlin ‏@jmverlin  · 4hours ago 
Friends Central (Pa.)/Philly Pride 2016 SF DeAndre Hunter picked up an offer from Georgia Tech.

paultzman

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »
@HHHardwood: The blow up for 2016 Philly Pride forward DeAndre Hunter continues. Per @AA215, the University of Virginia has now offered.

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 01:27:31 PM »

Reminded me a bit of Lamb at UConn

No way near the stroke. Has more Harkless tendencies and same questions exist about his motor just because he is shy/quiet kid. One thing I like about Hunter is he's really hasn't had real strong basketball teaching. I think he improves a lot with structure.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 04:47:50 PM »
Nova offered

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 08:05:25 PM »
As did Maryland:

R Miller ‏@R_Miller12  · 2hours ago 
2016 Philly Pride WF DeAndre Hunter tells me he has received an offer from Maryland. @Dr_Dre14 @PhillyPrideAAU @Nettewerks @cols3

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 09:18:12 PM »
@R_Miller12: 2016 Philly Pride WF DeAndre Hunter tells me he has received an offer from Georgetown. @Dr_Dre14