Richard Freudenberg, SF, Germany - ST. JOHN'S

• 390 replies

redslope

Re: Richard Freudenberg, SF, Germany - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #380 on: April 03, 2016, 08:38:25 PM »
pretty exacting physical tournament with what 7 games in 8 days.

QuanMan

« Reply #381 on: April 03, 2016, 09:44:05 PM »
Extremely impressed w Rich early on, elated that he's going to be a Johnnie. Being able to work w Mullin individually everyday is really going to pay dividends. Has the looks of a 5 tool player. Rich and Bash on either side of the perimeter, watch out.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #382 on: April 03, 2016, 11:44:54 PM »
I was thinking a slightly taller Richard Hamilton. 
Rip was a scorer deluxe. Inside, outside, mid range game.

In the highlight reels I've watched, RF is a hell of a scorer too.  The guy NEVER misses!
If he missed it wouldn't be a highlight.  That's why he never missed in the highlights.

Marillac

« Reply #383 on: April 04, 2016, 12:50:09 AM »
That handle is impressive for 6'9....suprisingly low dribble. He won't get anything that easy in college next year, but still nice to see he can hurt you on reckless close outs. Pretty release on jumper. I've noticed that he likes to hop into his jumper to get it in rhythm....could  be why his %s don't always reflect his overall shooting ability.  I'd like to see more stuff with his left...could be lack of footage.

derk

« Reply #386 on: April 13, 2016, 11:02:23 AM »

Poison

« Reply #387 on: April 13, 2016, 12:12:23 PM »
Welcome to St.John's Richard Freudenberg!

« Reply #388 on: May 14, 2016, 08:56:49 PM »
Eric Bossi on impact International players for 2016.  Includes Freudenberg:

College choice: St. John’s.

Bossi’s take: Freudenberg is another mobile face-up power forward who would likely rank in at least the top 50 range if he attended school in the U.S. He’s got a pretty jump shot, can set up defenders and free up space with fakes and hesitation dribbles and he can play above the rim some in traffic. Freudenberg's motor looks good and if he’s as good as advertised, St. John’s fortunes could start turning quickly in the Big East.

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/class-of-2016-international-players-will-make-their-mark

Wods317

« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2016, 09:53:36 PM »
Eric Bossi on impact International players for 2016.  Includes Freudenberg:

College choice: St. John’s.

Bossi’s take: Freudenberg is another mobile face-up power forward who would likely rank in at least the top 50 range if he attended school in the U.S. He’s got a pretty jump shot, can set up defenders and free up space with fakes and hesitation dribbles and he can play above the rim some in traffic. Freudenberg's motor looks good and if he’s as good as advertised, St. John’s fortunes could start turning quickly in the Big East.

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/class-of-2016-international-players-will-make-their-mark

That's at least the 3rd person I have see list RF as being in the top 50 range if he was American, that's pretty impressive. Very happy to have him on board and hopefully he can give us some solid minutes this year and possibly have a bigger impact then expected.

derk

« Reply #390 on: May 16, 2016, 11:36:02 AM »
Looks good. Needs a few milk shakes.