Mitchell Lightfoot, PF, Arizona - KANSAS

• 127 replies

MCNPA

Re: Mitchell Lightfoot, PF, Arizona
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2015, 01:08:34 PM »
This kid is much, much more athletic than Lubin was.  I liked Lubick though.  He always got it done against us. 

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2015, 02:26:35 PM »
Lubick is the white kid who used to abuse Obekpa?

Yup. Obepka made Lubick look like Bill Walton

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2015, 02:33:54 PM »
Yup Tony - he used to kill pretty everyone.  Could pass, rebound, made hustle players, scored when needed, etc. 

Personally, I hope he's better than Lubick.  Lubick was mediocre, IMO.  Basically, was the same player the day he stepped on campus 'til the day he left Georgetown.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:36:05 PM by mjdinkins »

sju89tr

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2015, 02:36:17 PM »
Yup Tony - he used to kill pretty everyone.  Could pass, rebound, made hustle players, scored when needed, etc. 

Personally, I hope he's better than Lubick.  Lubick was mediocre, IMO.

Dinkins, You (like me) don't have any appreciation for a Hoya !

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2015, 02:37:39 PM »

LOL 

You know I'm NO fan of the Hoyas, but I'll give any of their players credit when it's due.  IMO, Lubick was a mediocre player.  I hope if we land Lightfoot, then he'll give us more than Nate Lubick gave Georgetown.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:37:53 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2015, 03:32:51 PM »

LOL 

You know I'm NO fan of the Hoyas, but I'll give any of their players credit when it's due.  IMO, Lubick was a mediocre player.  I hope if we land Lightfoot, then he'll give us more than Nate Lubick gave Georgetown.

Lubick owned us his senior year, we owned him the other three.

Johnny23

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2015, 04:22:37 PM »
This kid's an athletic freak. Lubick was a strong interior player with limited athleticism. No comparison between the two. I liked Lubick's toughness and game (except for the fact that he played for Gtown) and he had a productive career but I think Lightfoot's ceiling is higher.

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2015, 04:27:38 PM »
This kid's an athletic freak. Lubick was a strong interior player with limited athleticism. No comparison between the two. I liked Lubick's toughness and game (except for the fact that he played for Gtown) and he had a productive career but I think Lightfoot's ceiling is higher.

I can go along with this.

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2015, 04:54:39 PM »
Lightfoot is obviously a much different player than Lubick. Lubick, at 6'9, was significantly slower and less athletic then Lightfoot.  Lightfoot is only 6'7, and is a quicker but undersized power forward with a good jumpshot.  Lubick was not an outside shooter. Obviously, a totally different player.  Looks like he could even play the three.  But having said that, I think his athleticism is getting a little exaggerated.  A "freak" athlete implies very few players can jump like him.  In the video he was dunking on clearly inferior athletes.  This is much easier to do in a game.  When Jak played against athletes like that, he could whip it down too.  And Jak has mediocre athleticism for an NBA guy.  So I wouldn't use the word freak athlete.  Would love to get him, though.

Moose

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2015, 05:01:52 PM »
Hansborough Light.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2015, 09:30:11 PM »
Agree with MJD here. Would I take a Lubick? Yes but I hope this kid would develop further than Lubick.

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2015, 12:07:45 AM »
This kid is much, much more athletic than Lubin was.  I liked Lubick though.  He always got it done against us. 

He is a little quicker and can jump higher than Lubick but Lubick was much more instinctive and stronger. I'm not sure where explosive ranks greater than physical in terms of athleticism chart. They are similar players in a sense where there games are based on hustle.

I guess a fairer comparison is Light foot is a poor man's hybrid of Amir Garrett and Nate Lubick.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2015, 12:14:34 AM »

Lightfoot is a good athlete but by no means a freak. You want a freak look at Malik Monk or Terrence Ferguson. They are freaks.

In the 2016 class I'd rank Lightfoot as a tier 3 big man.

Tier 1- Giles, Bam, Maker
Tier 2- Spellman, Huell, Leaf, Killeya-Jones
Tier 3- Lightfoot...

There is a large gap between Tier 1 + Tier 3 but the gap isn't as big between 2-3. However I'd rank 2016 class as a very dominant guard-wing class.

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2015, 12:17:27 AM »
Lightfoot is obviously a much different player than Lubick. Lubick, at 6'9, was significantly slower and less athletic then Lightfoot.  Lightfoot is only 6'7, and is a quicker but undersized power forward with a good jumpshot.  Lubick was not an outside shooter. Obviously, a totally different player.  Looks like he could even play the three.  But having said that, I think his athleticism is getting a little exaggerated.  A "freak" athlete implies very few players can jump like him.  In the video he was dunking on clearly inferior athletes.  This is much easier to do in a game.  When Jak played against athletes like that, he could whip it down too.  And Jak has mediocre athleticism for an NBA guy.  So I wouldn't use the word freak athlete.  Would love to get him, though.

Not sure where you get Nate Lubick being 6'9 from. He was 6'7 and on a favorable measurement 6'8. He was more wide bodied than Lightfoot which made him more ready from day 1 but also limited his upside.

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2015, 12:41:44 AM »

He is a little quicker and can jump higher than Lubick but Lubick was much more instinctive and stronger. I'm not sure where explosive ranks greater than physical in terms of athleticism chart. They are similar players in a sense where there games are based on hustle.

I guess a fairer comparison is Light foot is a poor man's hybrid of Amir Garrett and Nate Lubick.
I don't think we would want a poor man's Amir or Lubick. Would hope he could be at least as good.

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2015, 12:50:37 AM »

I don't think we would want a poor man's Amir or Lubick. Would hope he could be at least as good.

I was thinking the same.

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2015, 12:53:30 AM »
Im calling this kid  a stud.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2015, 12:56:44 AM »

I have this sense the schools involved feels he has a tremendous upside.

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2015, 01:53:56 AM »
Since you teed this one up someone has to take the swing; THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2015, 05:03:23 AM »
David Lee , Tom Chambers , Kiki  vandeweghe Josh Mcroberts ,  Jan Veselý one of those poor man's should stick
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"