Terrance Ferguson - SF - Dallas, TX - API

• 131 replies
Terrance Ferguson - SF - Dallas, TX - API
« on: March 01, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »
Just de-committed from Alabama. I'm ALL IN on him if I'm the coaching staff. He is equal parts of freakish athlete and shooter. Would fit very well with surrounding parts. I do have some hesitancy about his eligibility but worth the risk with pieces that are already committed to the team.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Terrance Ferguson - SF - Dallas, TX - API
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 03:51:29 PM »
Just de-committed from Alabama. I'm ALL IN on him if I'm the coaching staff. He is equal parts of freakish athlete and shooter. Would fit very well with surrounding parts. I do have some hesitancy about his eligibility but worth the risk with pieces that are already committed to the team.
Don't recall us ever being mentioned with him. As the #13 ranked recruit would imagine all the bigs will be in on him and the schools that were already recruiting him. Have too believe he would be a very very tough get.

paultzman

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 03:53:12 PM »
It appears Baylor is making a move on him.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 07:46:27 PM »
hey guys new poster here...put something up about myself on the New/Old members introduce yourself forum...  I think this kid has some serious talent but has the staff contacted him at all?

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 10:50:53 PM »
Tweet from Evan Daniels

St. John's dropped by Dallas (Tex.) API to see five-star wing Terrance Ferguson, who decommitted from Alabama yesterday, per a source.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:51:53 PM by upstate32 »

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 11:18:46 PM »
I have never been as vexed about a recruitment as I am with Rawle's.  I'm still hearing from two different people in Canarsie that he is seriously considering us.  I wish I was so sure.  And now this, as if the staff is nowhere near confident about landing Rawle.  Tough to compete with the southern boosters, on someone like Ferguson, as I have posted in the past. We really need Rawle, unless Ellison shows great improvement.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 11:42:51 PM »
I have never been as vexed about a recruitment as I am with Rawle's.  I'm still hearing from two different people in Canarsie that he is seriously considering us.  I wish I was so sure.  And now this, as if the staff is nowhere near confident about landing Rawle.  Tough to compete with the southern boosters, on someone like Ferguson, as I have posted in the past. We really need Rawle, unless Ellison shows great improvement.

Why does St. John's 'need' Rawle?

Been saying it from jump street there was no shot.

QuanMan

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 12:14:39 AM »
This kid has serious hops and ridiculous length. Having him alongside Rich, Bash, Kass and Sima would be imposing as it gets in college basketball. Keep grinding and picking up those frequent flyer miles Slice!
Section 3
Section 116

goredmen

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 12:52:16 AM »

We are in it for Rawle. There's no doubt about that

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 07:41:12 AM »

Not sure I'd say in it. Just hanging around.

goredmen

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 11:26:53 AM »

No, we're in it.

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 12:00:52 PM »

Quite a difference between No shot and saying you are not sure you would say we are in it. Just sayin.

paultzman

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 02:22:49 PM »

Per Zach Braziller

Was told St. John's working on getting five-star wing Terrence Ferguson in for a visit. Barry Rohrssen saw him yesterday. #sjubb

MCNPA

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 03:21:11 PM »
A bird in the hand...  Press for Ferguson hard!  It would make everybody forget about the Rawle drama quickly...

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 06:34:36 PM »
 Maybe then can get Harrison to tell how great it was playing in NY

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 06:47:43 PM »
Wow didn't even think about how Harrison was in Texas...Pretty sure D'Lo would do anything for the SJU but stuff like that rarely happens.

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 09:23:28 PM »
I think we have a better shot at getting Rawle then Ferguson.  The thing that bothers me is how quick we were on this kid.  Doesn't sound like they are at all liking their chances with the hometown kid.  Really have to like the way this staff hustles though.  They really work hard.

MCNPA

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 09:54:21 PM »
I think we have a better shot at getting Rawle then Ferguson.  The thing that bothers me is how quick we were on this kid.  Doesn't sound like they are at all liking their chances with the hometown kid.  Really have to like the way this staff hustles though.  They really work hard.

Did you think we should have taken a week or two off to play it cool?

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 09:59:03 PM »

Did you think we should have taken a week or two off to play it cool?

They knew decommitment was brewing & jumped on it. 

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 09:59:26 PM »
They did exactly what top recruiters are supposed to do..

There are only a handful of top 100 players totally uncommitted (like Rawle) or verbally committed but unsigned. 

News gets out quickly and it's really just a phone call and plane ride away.   Who knows if in the inner circles they had inkling this decommit might be happening anyway.

With the chances of getting none of them likely, it makes sense to pursue a newly available opportunity.